Who do you not want to see down the road in playoffs?

KFDM COOP

Yes I am a dayton fan always have been and always will be. Yes Lumberton did beat us the first week in district and we accept that and we also accept the fact that we are a lot better now than we were in week one in district and if we played a rematch the outcome would be totally different. oh and the last time i checked dayton is picked by two different sites to go to state. and out of all the predictions i ve seen  lumberton doesnt make it past the second round.

Predictions mean nothing to us ;D. If we listened to predictions we would not have showed up to play this year because most people predicted us at the bottom of the pack again. I'm not guaranteeing a win...but as we've shown this year...there is a first time for everything  :o, so, we shall see. Hopefully we'll keep proving those predictions wrong  :D.

BTW, good luck to you this week Dayton.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am a dayton fan always have been and always will be. Yes Lumberton did beat us the first week in district and we accept that and we also accept the fact that we are a lot better now than we were in week one in district and if we played a rematch the outcome would be totally different. oh and the last time i checked dayton is picked by two different sites to go to state. and out of all the predictions i ve seen  lumberton doesnt make it past the second round.

We all know that stats, computer projections, etc. don't mean squat on any given Friday night in high school football!  The team that wants it the most, has the most heart and can capitalize on errors will win!  Man, lets pull together for our district teams in the playoffs instead of trying to continue to rip each other apart....we're ALL on one team now.....!

He's just scared. He doesn't want to lose to Lumberton again.

No, we don't all know that there isn't much of a chance for Lumberton against LaMarque. A lot of people that do know about football give Lumberton a chance to pull it off. That is except the Dayton fans which I see you are obviously one of them. So it doesn't surprise me to hear that from one of them as they are still reeling from that week 1 LOSS!

If I were any other team I would not want have to play Lumberton later on!

Dude. Lame. It's great to have pride and confidence in your team, but this looks like something a 10-year-old would post. It also looks like something posted by someone who knows nothing about any of the other teams across the state. You're begging for someone to say "You don't know any other teams because you've never played anyone outside of the district/area/region."

Lumberton is a good team - their best ever. However, if I were a 4A playoff team that was familiar with this year's Lumberton team and saw them as our next opponent, I would probably feel at least a slight bit of relief. They are a playoff-caliber team, but not one of the "high rollers" whose names command respect, like LaMarque, Calallen, etc. LaMarque doesn't appear to be nearly what they have been in the past, but the name is still one that people dread to see. I do think Lumberton can beat them. However, I also think that at least half of the teams still alive in DII could beat Lumberton on any given night. Good luck.

Personally, I'd hate to meet Waco LaVega. Fortunately, that won't happen until next week (if we advance). :)

Hey WOS92, you have to start somewhere!! They might not know us now but they will after the game!! As for know the power houses with such teams as Highland Park, Denton Ryan, Ennis, Stephenville, Everman, and the list goes on. Look this may be the Raiders first trip to the playoffs but we still know whats going on!!

I think the guys initial intention was to be humorous which I think he accomplished!!

Hey WOS92, you have to start somewhere!! They might not know us now but they will after the game!! As for know the power houses with such teams as Highland Park, Denton Ryan, Ennis, Stephenville, Everman, and the list goes on. Look this may be the Raiders first trip to the playoffs but we still know whats going on!!

I think the guys initial intention was to be humorous which I think he accomplished!!

I guess the fact that it was his first ever post that made me infer that he was being serious. I'm not saying Lumberton won't beat such-and-such, I'm just suggesting that probably seeing "Everman" or "Highland Park" on your next-round ticket would be a bit more stressful at this point.

Dude. Lame. It's great to have pride and confidence in your team, but this looks like something a 10-year-old would post. It also looks like something posted by someone who knows nothing about any of the other teams across the state. You're begging for someone to say "You don't know any other teams because you've never played anyone outside of the district/area/region."

Lumberton is a good team - their best ever. However, if I were a 4A playoff team that was familiar with this year's Lumberton team and saw them as our next opponent, I would probably feel at least a slight bit of relief. They are a playoff-caliber team, but not one of the "high rollers" whose names command respect, like LaMarque, Calallen, etc. LaMarque doesn't appear to be nearly what they have been in the past, but the name is still one that people dread to see. I do think Lumberton can beat them. However, I also think that at least half of the teams still alive in DII could beat Lumberton on any given night. Good luck.

Personally, I'd hate to meet Waco LaVega. Fortunately, that won't happen until next week (if we advance). :)

I was just trying to show a little school spirit. I realize that Lumberton is not known as a Power House, and like Raider88 said it was just sort of a joke.

SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL ......BABY!  There was a number of LM player's carried off the field!

You say Broncos aren't the same team as in week one ......neither is the T-TRAIN!  Don't make excuses for your team ...baby!  Just show up and represent! Like I know you will!

GO RAIDERS!~

"I would hate to see Texas City (make that) Livingston.  Then Lumberton would have to settle for beating the team that beat the Broncos.  ;)

Just stirring the pot."

Just updating my old post here.  I hope some folk got a sense of humor since last time or I'm liable to get more negative karma.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to laugh all by myself.

It would be nice to see the Lumberton Raiders and the Dayton Broncos later down the road in the playoffs but we all know theres isnt much of a chance for lumberton this week against la marque. well dayton doesnt have it easy either but we shall wait for friday night to see Dayton Vs Texas city Friday night in laporte. ill be there

what was that i heard "but we all know theres isnt much of a chance for lumberton this week against la marque."

Its nice to know we prove everyone wrong!!

DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE L-TRAIN BABE!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Hmm, a lot of teams out of the playoffs that you wouldn't expect. This year in the playoffs is something strange. I see Wichita Falls Rider dominating the left side of the bracket unless Everman has anything to say about it.

I hope we can defeat Livingston this week and then next week, I hope we can move on from there. If Dayton was to go to Semi-Finals then I'm almost sure we'd be facing Corpus Christi Callalen, which would not be good luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder