Port Neches-Groves 39 Nederland 31/FINAL

44 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

My factual records were to say the tide isn’t turning purple. Yours were to bang on a head coach. PNG did a good job of taking advantage of a very poor district and that’s not taking anything away from them this year. They did it others couldn’t. But finishing .500 for first time in forever I don’t think calls for the changing of the guards. If coach smith pulls it off again next season I’ll get my purple shirt out and be ready to agree with you. 

Your factual records are what you think. The real factual records in the record books are the tide is starting to turn a little purple with a 3-0 sweep of Nederland & Smith has 4 wins over English in 4 years. 

If you think what I posted is "banging on a team or coach" then I apologize for offending you, I forget about how easy some folks get feelings hurt now days over facts & truth. 

One last note, I've known both Smith & English quite well for over 25 years on & off the basketball court. Both quality basketball guys & good family men. Nothing i posted on here i wouldn't say to them in person, both probably laughing & calling me a wise guy if they read this forum, but neither could say i don't tell it straight up. Can't wait to see English & pull out a mini broom & dust pan😎 

1 minute ago, KF89 said:

Your factual records are what you think. The real factual records in the record books are the tide is starting to turn a little purple with a 3-0 sweep of Nederland & Smith has 4 wins over English in 4 years. 

If you think what I posted is "banging on a team or coach" then I apologize for offending you, I forget about how easy some folks get feelings hurt now days over facts & truth. 

One last note, I've known both Smith & English quite well for over 25 years on & off the basketball court. Both quality basketball guys & good family men. Nothing i posted on here i wouldn't say to them in person, both probably laughing & calling me a wise guy if they read this forum, but neither could say i don't tell it straight up. Can't wait to see English & pull out a mini broom & dust pan😎 

They do.

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Nederland had a what 3rd place finish last year but went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs? Bmt United the 2x state champion was in the district. PA won state not many years ago from this district… I wouldn’t knock a 3rd place finish for a back seat sport in Nederland. 

Be careful, you might offend someone calling Nederland basketball a back seat sport.  

Last years team had BU and a stacked Crosby team, finished 3rd and went 3 rounds until losing to an amazing Crosby team again. If they had this district right now they finish first just like PA. And of course they will struggle this year with no varsity experience , but next year I expect them to be a lot better.

Fire up Cherokee and give Coach Chris Smith a raise.  Out of town alum and I am happy to read about the Indians having success in basketball.  Everyone says that Coach Smith is a good coach and he is proving everyone right with Ws.  I hope he stays at PN-G a long time.  Making his mark and contributing to our core values of Honor, Pride, and Tradition.  Go Coach Smith!  Go Indians!

I’m not sure who is getting offended on here. But your points didn’t make any sense. You banged on nederlands PLAYOFF record while not wanting to report coach smiths regular season record. But really just wanted to congratulate smith and his players apparently. I’m just trying to keep up. 

18 hours ago, Knox34 said:

I’m not sure who is getting offended on here. But your points didn’t make any sense. You banged on nederlands PLAYOFF record while not wanting to report coach smiths regular season record. But really just wanted to congratulate smith and his players apparently. I’m just trying to keep up. 

I did congratulate Smith & his team. Your response was posting no wins for png vs. 5A schools & 4 loses to 4A teams in response trying to down grade their  playoff spot & 3 wins over Ned. You Also said they would get slaughtered 1st round, so who is banging on teams\coaches? I posted factual records of Ned this season to show you their was not much difference in the seasons for either png or Ned. except Smith & png handled business in district when games counted the most. Posting of Ned records last 8 years was not banging on anyone, just putting the info out there to give a better overall look at the program since it is in rebuilding mode. Bottom line is you got upset probably a faithful Big Ned hooper Alum over my post  the tide is starting to turn purple & smith pulling the hat trick on english squad getting swept🧹🧹🧹. No harm intended, just excitement to stir up the forum. Fact is English has done a solid job at Nederland since taking over around ‘07 ish compared to  those bad teams from 97 ish. to 05 ish. Just have your umbrella ready for the purple rain that’s coming in the future

But once again you won’t talk about anything but 3 wins. That is my point. 😂. Thank you for proving it again. Just out their swinging and missing. It’s hard to call out a team for a 8 year playoff run with a program that is 2nd tier in their own school. What English has done is remarkable to say the least. My point was png didn’t have a great year they were in a terrible district. And as I said smith did what he had to do to get there. I’m treading lightly because this sounds like a disgruntled parent that wasn’t happy about a kids pt or outcome. But if that’s the case you probably know more than me. I’m just a fat guy that like high school basketball. Nederland is one of the teams I pull for but I have several these days. 

I will be glad to talk about any sport topic you would like, but i am positive the forum peeps do not want to see our discussion anymore. Next time Nederland has a game i can talk with you about this. Matter of fact since you brought up "swing & miss" i will be at the Nederland baseball scrimmage this evening watching my nephew, it would be great meeting new people to talk Nederland, PNG or sports in general with to get new understandings & ideas. This way you do not have to tread lightly you can speak freely about anything you think you might know about including me or my kids. I'm just a non- disgruntled old short guy from North Houston that likes to conversate about all sports. 

🧹🧹🧹🌊🌊🌊

• KF89 locked this topic