West Brook vs. Clements Predictions?..SETXSPORTS WILL BROADCAST THIS GAME!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WBFan09

Yes, our pass defense has been our weakness all year, but Stump can usually make the right adjustments to make up for it in the second half. Thank goodness FB Clements seems to be mostly a running team. The run is something we seem to defend really well. What makes you think Christian plays "worried" all the time? He seems to have a good working understanding of the game and how it's played. He was even rated one of the best QB's (#9) in the state. I wouldn't be worried, unless he gets hurt. Even then, we've got a more than capable backup, in David Falgout. Granted, Christian is not the best runner on the team, but he does get the job done. Christian is going to be a leader on this team next year. I dont think he's done a bad job this year. He's not a James Brown or a Chip Ambres, but he does a good job!

gotta agree with 82 you cant deny that he is the #9 QB according to NCAA passer ratings...i think he does take a while to throw a pass down field and he gets sacked a few times when that happens but this kid is good...dont forget the first pass he ever threw as a QB in a varsity game...60 yard TD that he threw 40 yards...he has talent and no he isnt the best runner but he has a nice arm...i observed a diffrent view at the SoHo game last week...he seemed to be playing with more wreckless abandon i mean he ran for 35 yards on one play and got hit about 5 or 6 times but kept on moving...he was awkward in his first few game at QB but i think he has really settled down into this offense...he can step up if we need him too but he is one of those guys who make the other players look good...i like that about him

Quick questions... The weather report for Saturday looks real bad.  What do the UIL rules say about weather and postponing games.  I'm sure lightening has to be involved.  But is there an measure of field conditions at all? And lets say that the game gets postponed, when would it be rescheduled for?  Wet and cold or hot and dry this is going to be a great game!  We need to be out there supporting our Bruins either way.  Let's Go Bruins!!

Guest WeedBegone

I am not sure about UIL rules--but Rain and cold will not be a factor in cancelling a game.  Lightning will cause a delay in the play.  As far as postponing--probably not an option because the entire state playoffs depend on the outcome on each game. 

The officials have control of whether or not the weather needs to delay the game.  It is all about safety for the players.  As far as the band and other groups--it is all decided by the person in charge of the individual group and can be over-ridden by the principals of the school.  Get you some long underwear and hand warmers and have a back-up plan.

Clements will run the ball, slowing the clock and keep our D on the field a little longer then we might be use to..(a task i'm sure our D is up to)..........Our O will have to make every trip down the field count....(witch I feel they will)....

Final Score  WB-42......Clem-20

question: How do you train a team for weather (cold and rain)??.........bring out giant fans and sray them down with water.......lol

I'm sure Stump teaches kids to play through diversity.........weather is just one of many things that change.......

Go Bruins!!!

Guest WeedBegone

From what i have heard--Stump has two training in adversity methods. 

He has been known to bring out buckets of water and puts footballs in them and uses these balls for scrimmaging during practice.

In the off season--he has brought in a front end loader and filled it with water and dumps them into the infamous pit and makes the linemen wrestle in the pit---during the cold weather.  My sons personal favorite.

AAhhh yes, the walkabout.  I think this week it may be a good time to set an example for the team and show them how little the weather matters.  I'm thinking everyone rip their shirts off and show how much turkey they've consumed and spell out WEST BROOK on our overstuffed bellies.  You in Weed, Soulja, 83, etc.?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83