Porter                      30

Longview              57

Humble                 44

Lufkin Hudson       67

Humble                 53

Conroe Oak Ridge      32

Lufkin                         74

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

All but one. Harper (a starter) will not be ready for a couple of weeks.

Ok..I was wondering why they had to slow start.

I just came across this site today, while looking for info on the HJ tournament.

I'm from Lufkin if anyone has any questions about our team.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:06 PM, Timeout said:

Ok..I was wondering why they had to slow start.

I just came across this site today, while looking for info on the HJ tournament.

I'm from Lufkin if anyone has any questions about our team.

Since the football guys have gotten back we are still without two starters and two of the 2nd 5 ... Should be getting 3 back before are game with yall this Tuesday. 1 starter and 2 of the 2nd 5.. With a very good bench. Yall had a really good team last year . How many do yall have coming back from last year team ?

1 minute ago, Who That said:

Since the football guys have gotten back we are still without two starters and two of the 2nd 5 ... Should be getting 3 back before are game with yall this Tuesday. 1 starter and 2 of the 2nd 5.. With a very good bench. Yall had a really good team last year . How many do yall have coming back from last year team ?

4 starters plus a potential McDonald's All American. He's '6"6 freshman phenom that plays on the perimeter. Silsbee will have match up problems with him and the big all state center they have. #2 is their dawg dude that does the dirty work. Love that guy.

I would put the line at Lufkin -9.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

4 starters plus a potential McDonald's All American. He's '6"6 freshman phenom that plays on the perimeter. Silsbee will have match up problems with him and the big all state center they have. #2 is their dawg dude that does the dirty work. Love that guy.

I would put the line at Lufkin -9.

Yeah they where very good last year. Should be a good game especially with the new freshman that your talking about. I" will take your word on how good he is. I" know you wacth them play this weekend. Hopefully Silsbee can make some shots.🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

6 hours ago, Who That said:

AAW gave a pretty good breakdown of some our guys. Center Brandon Walker#14 is the leader of the team. Mostly works down low and can be a load to handle in the paint. He is only 6'5, so could struggle against bigger teams. He is backed up by 6'5 Tre Harris. They are rarely on the court at the same time. Tre mostly rebounds and gets second chance points. The number #2 player is Moody(6'3), he was the starting Qb at Lufkin before becoming a backup. He the closest thing we have to a 3 and D player. All hustle and another leader on the court. Austin Brown(6'6) is the freshman mention earlier. He is sharp shooter that specializes in knocking down 3's. Can bring the ball up the court and is a decent passer. Kid is still growing into his body and has tremendous upside. He'll have to continue to work on his defense and hopefully develop a post game, for those games when his shot not falling. The rest of the team falls in that 5'10 to 6'0 range. Mostly guards who can shoot and be scrappy defense. I forgot about Parks(6'4')sophomore guard. He was projected to be a starter, but started the year injured and has been used sparingly. Think he still getting use to the speed of varsity. 

We still have a lot of improving to do. Looking forward to the game against Silsbee. Hate they will be missing some players. I was impressed watching them play B.United. 

Not sure if we can post links on this board. But here is couple of Austin Brown.

This is the hidden content, please

Game footage from Longview vs Lufkin (Hoops Tournament)

On 12/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, Timeout said:

AAW gave a pretty good breakdown of some our guys. Center Brandon Walker#14 is the leader of the team. Mostly works down low and can be a load to handle in the paint. He is only 6'5, so could struggle against bigger teams. He is backed up by 6'5 Tre Harris. They are rarely on the court at the same time. Tre mostly rebounds and gets second chance points. The number #2 player is Moody(6'3), he was the starting Qb at Lufkin before becoming a backup. He the closest thing we have to a 3 and D player. All hustle and another leader on the court. Austin Brown(6'6) is the freshman mention earlier. He is sharp shooter that specializes in knocking down 3's. Can bring the ball up the court and is a decent passer. Kid is still growing into his body and has tremendous upside. He'll have to continue to work on his defense and hopefully develop a post game, for those games when his shot not falling. The rest of the team falls in that 5'10 to 6'0 range. Mostly guards who can shoot and be scrappy defense. I forgot about Parks(6'4')sophomore guard. He was projected to be a starter, but started the year injured and has been used sparingly. Think he still getting use to the speed of varsity. 

We still have a lot of improving to do. Looking forward to the game against Silsbee. Hate they will be missing some players. I was impressed watching them play B.United. 

Not sure if we can post links on this board. But here is couple of Austin Brown.

Game footage from Longview vs Lufkin (Hoops Tournament)

Does Lufkin broadcast home games?

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I remember last year Lufkin had one or two good little point guards that did most the damage against Silsbee. Sounds like they're pretty loaded this year. Tigers might be in for a hard night. I'll feel a little better if Williams comes back soon.

At least we got the win. But I" feel you about Williams. 🤷🏻‍♂️