Silsbee QB Mason Brisbane and LB Jayron Williams

AggiesAreWe

Everyone talks about Silsbee WR Drelon Miller and the great season he is having and rightfully so. He is a phenomenal athlete and having a super season so far. Thru 7 games (with several of those being very limited in 2nd half) he has 20 rushes for 288 yards (14.4 per carry) 3 TD's and 30 receptions for 873 yards (29.1 per catch) 12 TD's. He also has a kickoff return for a TD. All purpose yards of 1305, 16 TD's. Like I said, he is the buzz talk. I love me some Drelon Miller!!

But I want to point out a couple of other Tiger players who are having great seasons. QB Mason Brisbane is having one of the best seasons a Silsbee QB has ever had. He is 86-132 (65%) for 1637 yards (234 per game) 20 TD's with just 2 INT's. QB rating of 140.7. This is as good as I have seen a Silsbee QB have in quite some time. The 65% completion rate is astronomical when it comes to Silsbee QB's. Usually it's somewhere around 48-54%. His decision making has been super this season. One thing that really does go unnoticed is how well he performs the play action. Mason really "sells" it. This senior QB is one of the big reasons as to why Silsbee is having a great year offensively.

The other player is senior LB Jayron Williams. He was a Willie Ray Smith finalists last year and with the season he is having so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it this year. Williams has 95 tackles (80 solo) with 18 tackles for loss. He also has 5 sacks and 1 INT and 1 FG blocked. He is the bell cow on the defensive side of the ball like Miller is on the offensive side. Jayron also contributes on the offensive side as well. He has a total of 8 TD's (6 rushing, 2 receiving). He's the go to dude on goal line and short yardage situations.

There are other Tiger players having very good seasons but I just wanted to give these two young men a shout out.

Great season so far Mason and Jayron. Keep up the great work.

57 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Everyone talks about Silsbee WR Drelon Miller and the great season he is having and rightfully so. He is a phenomenal athlete and having a super season so far. Thru 7 games (with several of those being very limited in 2nd half) he has 20 rushes for 288 yards (14.4 per carry) 3 TD's and 30 receptions for 873 yards (29.1 per catch) 12 TD's. He also has a kickoff return for a TD. All purpose yards of 1305, 16 TD's. Like I said, he is the buzz talk. I love me some Drelon Miller!!

But I want to point out a couple of other Tiger players who are having great seasons. QB Mason Brisbane is having one of the best seasons a Silsbee QB has ever had. He is 86-132 (65%) for 1637 yards (234 per game) 20 TD's with just 2 INT's. QB rating of 140.7. This is as good as I have seen a Silsbee QB have in quite some time. The 65% completion rate is astronomical when it comes to Silsbee QB's. Usually it's somewhere around 48-54%. His decision making has been super this season. One thing that really does go unnoticed is how well he performs the play action. Mason really "sells" it. This senior QB is one of the big reasons as to why Silsbee is having a great year offensively.

The other player is senior LB Jayron Williams. He was a Willie Ray Smith finalists last year and with the season he is having so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it this year. Williams has 95 tackles (80 solo) with 18 tackles for loss. He also has 5 sacks and 1 INT and 1 FG blocked. He is the bell cow on the defensive side of the ball like Miller is on the offensive side. Jayron also contributes on the offensive side as well. He has a total of 8 TD's (6 rushing, 2 receiving). He's the go to dude on goal line and short yardage situations.

There are other Tiger players having very good seasons but I just wanted to give these two young men a shout out.

Great season so far Mason and Jayron. Keep up the great work.

Absolutely!!!! These kids are doing phenomenal things this year. Great job Tigers!!!!

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee could have 2 Willie Ray Award Finalists (if allowed on offense) and one on defense. Great Job as always Silsbee. Does Mason and Jayron have offers? Don't see many southpaw QBs. 

As for WRS, a coach is only allowed to nominate one player on offense and one on defense.

I know Jayron has an offer from Lamar. Not sure about Mason.

I expect Williams to receive more offers.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As for WRS, a coach is only allowed to nominate one player on offense and one on defense.

I have informed Coach Bubba McDowell about Williams and Mason. Prairie View A&M would be a great home to play college football. IMO 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Mason Brisbane  and Martin actually got an offer from Hardin Simmons. But I think that was his third one. 

On 10/16/2022 at 12:37 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Mason is on pace to have a year similar to Dontre Thomas on passing yards if Silsbee goes 4 or 5 rounds deep. He won't catch him on total TDs but he is the most accurate QB we have had in a while. Props to him for all thr hard work in the off season. Williams reminds me of William Morsey to some degree. William may have been the best Tiger defender of alltime. At least in the last 30-40 years. 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Mason is on pace to have a year similar to Dontre Thomas on passing yards if Silsbee goes 4 or 5 rounds deep. He won't catch him on total TDs but he is the most accurate QB we have had in a while. Props to him for all thr hard work in the off season. Williams reminds me of William Morsey to some degree. William may have been the best Tiger defender of alltime. At least in the last 30-40 years. 

If Silsbee makes it to regional finals and Brisbane keeps this pace up, he most likely will pass up Thomas on passing yards and possibly passing TD's for the season. Dontre was a duel threat so he had over 1400 yards rushing that year along with 3600 passing yards. He had a total of 71 TD's (rushing, passing). Mason doesn't run the ball. As for accuracy, Thomas was around 60% for the season. Another Tiger QB that was pretty accurate was Kelson McDaniel. He completed 65% for 2550 yards and 25 TD's his senior season.

If all goes well, I can see Brisbane getting around 3600 yards passing with 35+ TD's. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If Silsbee makes it to regional finals and Brisbane keeps this pace up, he most likely will pass up Thomas on passing yards and possibly passing TD's for the season. Dontre was a duel threat so he had over 1400 yards rushing that year along with 3600 passing yards. He had a total of 71 TD's (rushing, passing). Mason doesn't run the ball. As for accuracy, Thomas was around 60% for the season. Another Tiger QB that was pretty accurate was Kelson McDaniel. He completed 65% for 2550 yards and 25 TD's his senior season.

If all goes well, I can see Brisbane getting around 3600 yards passing with 35+ TD's. Fingers crossed.

Kelson McDaniel was a very good QB in the 2010 season. I remember he only played QB for one season because he was a WR with Prentice Lane catching passes from Jeremy Johnson. That Navasota game still stings in 2009. I believe Silsbee lost to Huffman at Lamar on a Thursday night the 2010 season. I remember Rhone at RB/CB was good as well. 

• 2 months later...