Police chase on Hwy 365 at Port Acres

Englebert

I passed a truck with a shredded tire going east on Hwy 365 at around 4:00pm. The truck had just passed over the new bridge under construction over Hillebrandt Bayou...headed towards Port Acres/Nederland/Port Neches. The truck had 6 police vehicles right on his tail. All had their lights flashing. After passing the truck and police, I passed 10 to 15 more cop cars/trucks (all with lights flashing) speeding towards the truck.

Does anybody know any details about this police chase? I'm sure the media will release some information shortly, just curious if anybody already has information. 

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

I passed a truck with a shredded tire going east on Hwy 365 at around 4:00pm. The truck had just passed over the new bridge under construction over Hillebrandt Bayou...headed towards Port Acres/Nederland/Port Neches. The truck had 6 police vehicles right on his tail. All had their lights flashing. After passing the truck and police, I passed 10 to 15 more cop cars/trucks (all with lights flashing) speeding towards the truck.

Does anybody know any details about this police chase? I'm sure the media will release some information shortly, just curious if anybody already has information. 

Seems like a lot of resources for one vehicle if something minor

51 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Yes it does. That's why I posted this. I wasn't counting, but I passed around 20 police vehicles that were in pursuit. They were somewhat spread out over a few miles.

I just saw this on 12newsnow.com:

This is the hidden content, please

17 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

It is a lot of resources and they might have had no clue if it was minor. In all chases, it isn’t necessarily the known crime but the ending which may end up in a shooting.

Timothy McVeigh who blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City, was stopped on a license plate violation.

I was reading an officer patrol tactics case called the “no look, look”. It is when a person goes out of his way not to look at the police. In the particular case they used as an example, a guy pulled up to a Farm Road at a stop sign. A State trooper was straight across from him also just waiting to cross the farm road. The civilian driver would never even look across the road at the trooper. He would not even look left to see if the highway was clear before. He looked continuously  to the right but would never looked back to the left because he thought the trooper might be looking at him. The driver then crossed the farm roads highway have a never looked to the left to see if it was clear.  The trooper stopped the guy and what did he find in the trunk? The guy‘s dead wife who he had just murdered.

Two routine stops for traffic citations type offenses for ended up in a domestic violence murder case being solved and a mass murder being solved.

Like those two cases, it’s not the reason for the stop, even for a chase that is the, it is what might happen when it comes to a conclusion.

A bit off topic 

Once upon a time, I was involved in a police chase. It's not what you may think though. We were rebuilding a fence in a neighborhood close the high school. 3 juveniles jumped a ditch and ran into the back yard thinking they'd be able to go all the way thru. When they saw 6 grown men with hammers, pry bars, and nail guns. They quickly decided otherwise. They made it over the fence almost effortlessly. Now the campus officer comes running up. I should say jogging. We pointed over the fence. He stopped and said...

"Where's the gate?"

Maybe you just had to be there to see the look on the cops face. Just found out yesterday, one of the guys I worked with is facing life for murder. Funny how memories work sometimes.

Carry on

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It is a lot of resources and they might have had no clue if it was minor. In all chases, it isn’t necessarily the known crime but the ending which may end up in a shooting.

Timothy McVeigh who blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City, was stopped on a license plate violation.

I was reading an officer patrol tactics case called the “no look, look”. It is when a person goes out of his way not to look at the police. In the particular case they used as an example, a guy pulled up to a Farm Road at a stop sign. A State trooper was straight across from him also just waiting to cross the farm road. The civilian driver would never even look across the road at the trooper. He would not even look left to see if the highway was clear before. He looked continuously  to the right but would never looked back to the left because he thought the trooper might be looking at him. The driver then crossed the farm roads highway have a never looked to the left to see if it was clear.  The trooper stopped the guy and what did he find in the trunk? The guy‘s dead wife who he had just murdered.

Two routine stops for traffic citations type offenses for ended up in a domestic violence murder case being solved and a mass murder being solved.

Like those two cases, it’s not the reason for the stop, even for a chase that is the, it is what might happen when it comes to a conclusion.

Never thought of that perspective.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, Englebert said:

Yes it does. That's why I posted this. I wasn't counting, but I passed around 20 police vehicles that were in pursuit. They were somewhat spread out over a few miles.

I just saw this on 12newsnow.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Sounds like some scenes from Sugarland Express with Goldie Hawn.