Crosby Open?

4 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Look what Crosby has coming back next year, District MVP, SS,3rd,2nd,1st team Pitcher,plus other returnees,why would a coach leave ?

Not sure the total years Wiggins has teaching for retirement but he has 17 years as Crosby Head Baseball coach. He might want a change of scenery, better paying job, maybe some one higher up did not want him at Crosby anymore or it could be a mutual decision on both sides to move on??? 

21 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Not sure the total years Wiggins has teaching for retirement but he has 17 years as Crosby Head Baseball coach. He might want a change of scenery, better paying job, maybe some one higher up did not want him at Crosby anymore or it could be a mutual decision on both sides to move on??? 

100% not mutual

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a solid Head Baseball Coach hire by Crosby.

HEAD COACH - Steve Hutcherson

Coach Hutcherson is in his 15th of Teaching and Coaching and is entering his third season as the Head Coach of Liberty Hill High School. Coach Hutcherson has been a Head Coach in 10 of the 15 years he has been Coaching. His Head Coaching opportunities would be at Brackett High School in Brackettville, Texas, Ganado High School, Lampasas High School, Grapevine High School, and now Liberty Hill High School. Coach Hutcherson’s teams have enjoyed success under his guidance with 3 of the schools achieving the most success in school history with Hutcherson at the helm. Team success under Coach Hutcherson has included:

• 1 State Championship (2016 Grapevine HS) Deepest run in school history and best record in school history at 35-6-2
  • 1 State Runner-Up (2017 Grapevine HS)
  • 1 Regional Finals Appearance (2019 Liberty Hill HS)  Set the Record for Wins in a Season and Overall Record (33-5-1), Deepest Playoff Run, and End of the Year Ranking
  • 2 Regional Semifinals Appearance (2005, 2007 Brackett HS) Deepest playoff run and highest ranking in school history.
  • 1 Regional Quarterfinals Appearance (2009 Ganado HS) Deepest playoff run and highest ranking in school history.

In 9 of the 10 years of being a Head Coach, Hutcherson’s teams have only missed the playoffs once and in 7 of those 8 appearances have advanced beyond the first round. 

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Coach Wiggins was a great coach. I hate it ended the way it did but much like the Faircloth situation at PNG I think both parties will come out on the plus end of things. 

If the PNG replacement for Faircloth had Hutchersons head coaching resume, I would agree 100%. 

22 minutes ago, KF89 said:

If the PNG replacement for Faircloth had Hutchersons head coaching resume, I would agree 100%. 

I agree there too. I was more so talking about how the coach/administration felt about the issue. I think the PNG brass is happy they got a new coach of their choosing and even though he didn't want to leave I think BF is happy to done with the headache in Mid-County. That's what I meant by both parties coming out on the plus end.