History Repeating Itself?!

Reagan

The last time we have seen anything this bad, was when Jimma Carter was President.  During Carter's time, the US was struggling economically as a result of stagflation, which was having a huge impact on energy and fuel prices.  Sound familiar?!  Carter thought he, through the government, could control the economy.  You know, to make it fair.  Sound familiar?!   Anyway, two that I remember are:   Massive gasoline lines because Carter put controls on where the gasoline went and, I believe, how much each got.  How does this cause gas shortages one might ask?  If, for instance, Texas is only allotted 10 gals per month and California is allotted the same.  Let's say Texas uses up their allotment mid month and California uses only 2 gals.  California was not allowed to send any gals to Texas to help out.  Under a free market, gas could have been diverted.  Hence the gas shortage and gasoline lines.  Carter also controlled where airline went and didn't go.  I remember airlines being force to make certain stops where no one boarded the plane.  He made them do it "just in case" someone wanted fly from there.  Another "touch-feely" gone wrong.

So, this brings us to the results of bad policy.  The Dems were out for the next three Presidential elections.   For re-election, Carter got destroyed by Ronald Reagan.  Then Reagan destroyed W. Mondull.  Then Daddy Bush beat Dukakis.    And I would submit to you that if Perot wouldn't have ran and got 19% of the vote, Bush would have beaten Clinton.  Clinton, if I remember, never got over 50% of the vote.  So, that could/should have been 4 election cycles that Carter's bad policies caused in favor of the Republicans.

Can we see history repeating itself here.  Unfortunately (people suffering) and fortunately (Dems will lose for many years) it looks like it.  Sadly I never thought I would ever see this again.  So, this is how I see it shaking out:

President Trump will win the next election.  Then, the next two elections will be won by Ron Desantis.  The fourth?  Not sure.  Will have to give this some thought.   Thoguhts?

18 minutes ago, Reagan said:

The last time we have seen anything this bad, was when Jimma Carter was President.  During Carter's time, the US was struggling economically as a result of stagflation, which was having a huge impact on energy and fuel prices.  Sound familiar?!  Carter thought he, through the government, could control the economy.  You know, to make it fair.  Sound familiar?!   Anyway, two that I remember are:   Massive gasoline lines because Carter put controls on where the gasoline went and, I believe, how much each got.  How does this cause gas shortages one might ask?  If, for instance, Texas is only allotted 10 gals per month and California is allotted the same.  Let's say Texas uses up their allotment mid month and California uses only 2 gals.  California was not allowed to send any gals to Texas to help out.  Under a free market, gas could have been diverted.  Hence the gas shortage and gasoline lines.  Carter also controlled where airline went and didn't go.  I remember airlines being force to make certain stops where no one boarded the plane.  He made them do it "just in case" someone wanted fly from there.  Another "touch-feely" gone wrong.

So, this brings us to the results of bad policy.  The Dems were out for the next three Presidential elections.   For re-election, Carter got destroyed by Ronald Reagan.  Then Reagan destroyed W. Mondull.  Then Daddy Bush beat Dukakis.    And I would submit to you that if Perot wouldn't have ran and got 19% of the vote, Bush would have beaten Clinton.  Clinton, if I remember, never got over 50% of the vote.  So, that could/should have been 4 election cycles that Carter's bad policies caused in favor of the Republicans.

Can we see history repeating itself here.  Unfortunately (people suffering) and fortunately (Dems will lose for many years) it looks like it.  Sadly I never thought I would ever see this again.  So, this is how I see it shaking out:

President Trump will win the next election.  Then, the next two elections will be won by Ron Desantis.  The fourth?  Not sure.  Will have to give this some thought.   Thoguhts?

Sounds good to me. However, with the Dems constantly hammering at illegal votes (I. D., ballot harvesting, illegals “right to vote”, that one kills me, and ballot dumping while the counting is shut down) some will remain in office but hopefully be powerless. For me, just control both houses. 

I remember the lines but had an almost secret gas station to get gas.