New Texas Overlord Suggests We Stop Babyboomer Dinosaurs From Running For Office

InMAGAWeTrust

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

You are so unoriginal. You are like talking to a 10 year old. I’m done with you now. 

You called me a typical liberal crybaby for being concerned about big government spending.

That doesn’t even make sense dude.. do you even think about what you type?

You must have the brain of a 10 year old. Goodbye. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's a grey area... we've all pretty much decided (well, except for the far lefties that want to allow children to vote) that 18 y/o is a minimum voting age.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only elected position for which there is a minimum age requirement is the Presidency. Other that that particular office (and I concede that it's an important one), there really aren't any minimum age requirements to hold political office.  

And the max age one is hard... I know people who have totally lost their marbles due to Alzheimer's at 56 years old... and some 73 year olds that are capable of running large firms.  It's the same with drivers licensing.  At some point we all lose the ability, but the number of days since our individual birth is pretty much irrelevant to that lost ability.  

I absolutely think old people should have to start taking driving tests to maintain their license... but ask me how I feel about that in 15 years and you'll probably get a different response.  That's what most of these of boys are having problems with... it's a completely different scenario when it's your time to face losing your privileges. 

I would agree with this as well, they have to be safe on the road, even though there are plenty of young terrible drivers out there.

Say you have an 80 year old man or woman and they have all their facilities and maybe they have no one looking in on them, they do all their shopping, errands, etc.  I can't imaging taking their license simply based on age, you may as well put a gun to their head if you take their only means of transportation and freedom.

Minimum age is a no brainer.

By the way, minimum age for congressman is 25 and 30 for Senator.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I would agree with this as well, they have to be safe on the road, even though there are plenty of young terrible drivers out there.

Say you have an 80 year old man or woman and they have all their facilities and maybe they have no one looking in on them, they do all their shopping, errands, etc.  I can't imaging taking their license simply based on age, you may as well put a gun to their head if you take their only means of transportation and freedom.

Minimum age is a no brainer.

By the way, minimum age for congressman is 25 and 30 for Senator.

nope, but on performance for sure.  My step-grandmother was 86 years old.  Still burned all her own trash, cut down trees, pressure washed the siding of her house, etc. etc. She was as sharp as a tack.  She also pulled out in front of a van with 7 people in it and was killed instantly when she didn't think to look in both directions pulling out to check her mail.  Thankfully nobody died in the van, but several were badly hurt.  This woman was smarter and sharper than a lot of posters in this forum, but age had still greatly dulled her decision making (like the time we found her on the very top step of a 6-ft ladder cutting tree branches), and reflexes.  So if your hypothetical 80-year-old doesn't have anyone looking in on them, BUT also doesn't have all of their abilities from younger years, then what?  Let them drive anyway rather than "putting a gun to their head?"  I've known several 80+ year old drivers, and i've only known one who drove as well as when they were younger.  

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

nope, but on performance for sure.  My step-grandmother was 86 years old.  Still burned all her own trash, cut down trees, pressure washed the siding of her house, etc. etc. She was as sharp as a tack.  She also pulled out in front of a van with 7 people in it and was killed instantly when she didn't think to look in both directions pulling out to check her mail.  Thankfully nobody died in the van, but several were badly hurt.  This woman was smarter and sharper than a lot of posters in this forum, but age had still greatly dulled her decision making (like the time we found her on the very top step of a 6-ft ladder cutting tree branches), and reflexes.  So if your hypothetical 80-year-old doesn't have anyone looking in on them, BUT also doesn't have all of their abilities from younger years, then what?  Let them drive anyway rather than "putting a gun to their head?"  I've known several 80+ year old drivers, and i've only known one who drove as well as when they were younger.  

Did you even read my post?  I agreed on passing a test beyond a certain age.

The situation that you described with you grandmother happens to lots of young folks as well.

I'm simply saying no one should have their license taken away based simply on age, no one will convince me otherwise.

I had a grandfather that drove into his 90s and never had any problems, could drive better than a lot of these young folks I see that can't seem to put their phone down.

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Did you even read my post?  I agreed on passing a test beyond a certain age.

The situation that you described with you grandmother happens to lots of young folks as well.

I'm simply saying no one should have their license taken away based simply on age, no one will convince me otherwise.

I had a grandfather that drove into his 90s and never had any problems, could drive better than a lot of these young folks I see that can't seem to put their phone down.

I did.  That's why i highlighted the statement you made "I can't imagine taking their license simply on age", and said "nope" (meaning i agree), but that I do think it should be based on performance (also agreed).  then i provided an example of a very sharp person who i was very close to who had more than their fair share of faculties for their advanced age who still had no business driving.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I did.  That's why i highlighted the statement you made "I can't imagine taking their license simply on age", and said "nope" (meaning i agree), but that I do think it should be based on performance (also agreed).  then i provided an example of a very sharp person who i was very close to who had more than their fair share of faculties for their advanced age who still had no business driving.  

Gotcha, we agree then.  I have no problem with and think it's a good idea to have to be tested at a certain age to prove that you're not a danger to yourself or others.

The 80 year olds don't worry me, the 16 years olds do, lol.

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Gotcha, we agree then.  I have no problem with and think it's a good idea to have to be tested at a certain age to prove that you're not a danger to yourself or others.

The 80 year olds don't worry me, the 16 years olds do, lol.

they both worry me, as well as several different groups in between.