Defund the Police?

baddog

In City after City the police force has been reduced or in some cases maybe like Baltimore, the police quit being proactive in some areas. I think some officers have a attitude, if you don’t want me in your neighborhood, fine.

I believe in most of those cases we have seen a spike in violent crime and sometimes a huge spike.

That kind of negates the claim I have seen so many times in various forums, The police do not prevent crime, they only respond to a crime scene after being.

If they do not prevent crime, why all of a sudden we are having some significant rises in crime when the police are not there? If they do not prevent crime, why do we have them patrol? Why not just have them park on a street corner somewhere in various parts of the city and wait for a crime to happen?

This poll was done a year ago when much of the turmoil of defunding the police was really raging or about 3 months after George Floyd died. The narrative pushed by some (perhaps many) is that the minority community doesn’t want the police in their neighborhoods.

This Gallup poll shows relatively true same response between black, white and Hispanics. On the question, do you want the same amount of police coverage or more, whites were at 88%, blacks at 81% and Hispanics at 83%. Apparently there’s not this huge divide between the races as the media and some politicians portray. Asians at 72% that had a more significant gap but even then a large majority wanted the police to stay.

This is the hidden content, please