Outlooks vs Predictions

Cougar14.2

With two games left in the season for most of us it’s interesting to see what your team’s outlook is versus what you predicted they would do before the season started. What was/is the reasons for your team’s performance; COVID, injuries, coaching, personnel or just plain luck? Also, with realignment upon us do you feel like your team is trending in the right direction?

To answer this question for Crosby I would say the jury is still out. The season wasn’t really going to be about is competing for a district championship, it was going to be about if we could beat FB Marshall again. Thankfully the team health has held up and we’re on track for that. Very good job by Crosby’s staff getting the inexperienced starters we had at the beginning of the season up to speed quickly. 

Two teams I predicted would make some strides were Dayton and BU. Feels like Dayton is headed in the right direction, you see what TC did from last year to this one. No reason Dayton can’t do the same. BU still seems lost though, may need to let the basketball coach coach the football team too?

I think the one school that has outdone even all the most hallucinogenic predictions is Vidor though. If the Pirates can get to 12+ wins Matthees may be looking at DCTF coach of the year honors. 

2 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

My Coldspring Trojans so far have exceeded my expectations. I thought we would win maybe 2 or 3 games. So far 4-0 in district. Playoff bound

Exactly... Worst case scenario for us is that we can place 3rd in district (I seriously doubt it but realistically 2nd or 1st depends on how the Diboll game goes) and avoid playing Woodville or EC 1st round again definitely getting tired of losing to one of them

1 minute ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Exactly... Worst case scenario for us is that we can place 3rd in district (I seriously doubt it but realistically 2nd or 1st depends on how the Diboll game goes) and avoid playing Woodville or EC 1st round again definitely getting tired of losing to one of them

Yes we need to avoid those 2 for sure

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

With two games left in the season for most of us it’s interesting to see what your team’s outlook is versus what you predicted they would do before the season started. What was/is the reasons for your team’s performance; COVID, injuries, coaching, personnel or just plain luck? Also, with realignment upon us do you feel like your team is trending in the right direction?

I thought we would be better defensively. Not as good stopping the run or against the pass as I thought we would be. And I thought our LBs would be more active. I knew our o-line would need time to come together but I dont think we are there just yet. Our running game has taken a significant step back from previous years. Overall still think we will be in the mix but we have a lot of room to improve. 

Huge game this week for New Caney at home against Magnolia West. Winner likely gets a first round home game. Worst case would be a return trip to Highland Park. We are right where I thought we would be. In contention for 2nd place in district. College Station is really good. Lost 35-6 but game was closer than score. Our coaching has been good, we have remained relatively injury free. One injured starting Oline has hurt depth. Played down to competition last week against Waller but we were being pretty vanilla on offense. I’m hoping we were not having anything on film for West.

Before the season I said 9-1, no worse than 8-2 in the regular season. We're right on par with that. 

After we wrap up another district championship either this Friday or next Friday it's time to heal up and get ready for Angleton more than likely 1st round. 

As far as realignment I thought we would drop in 2024 or 2026, but it seems very likely it could happen for the 2022 realignment, I don't mind it either way, both divisions are tough to navigate to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Huge game this week for New Caney at home against Magnolia West. Winner likely gets a first round home game. Worst case would be a return trip to Highland Park. We are right where I thought we would be. In contention for 2nd place in district. College Station is really good. Lost 35-6 but game was closer than score. Our coaching has been good, we have remained relatively injury free. One injured starting Oline has hurt depth. Played down to competition last week against Waller but we were being pretty vanilla on offense. I’m hoping we were not having anything on film for West.

As for realignment, NC will go likely go 6A if West Fork is not counted this go around.

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

I thought we would be better defensively. Not as good stopping the run or against the pass as I thought we would be. And I thought our LBs would be more active. I knew our o-line would need time to come together but I dont think we are there just yet. Our running game has taken a significant step back from previous years. Overall still think we will be in the mix but we have a lot of room to improve. 

Kind of hard for me to get a read on Aledo this year. They’re still killing people but just not the usual Aledo maulings. I do agree Williams is a little easier back to deal with than the ones recently and I’m not really as high on y’all’s qb as recruiters seem to be but I think Aledo’s defense is what will win them a title this year anyway, not their offense. Lovejoy is the only team I see testing y’all and I doubt your defense has a performance against them like they did last year. 

1 hour ago, oldman said:

Will West Fork be complete and operational next year?

To his point though, snapshot is next Friday. Nobody is currently enrolled at West Fork so if they count the enrollment without accounting for the kids that won’t be there next year then they’ll probably be moving to 6A. It looks like the year Shadow Creek opened they accounted for that at Manvel and put them in 5A. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Before the season I said 9-1, no worse than 8-2 in the regular season. We're right on par with that. 

After we wrap up another district championship either this Friday or next Friday it's time to heal up and get ready for Angleton more than likely 1st round. 

As far as realignment I thought we would drop in 2024 or 2026, but it seems very likely it could happen for the 2022 realignment, I don't mind it either way, both divisions are tough to navigate to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

District play would be tougher but getting Galena Park, Madison and Houston Sterling in the first round is a lot easier than Hightower, Manvel and Angleton. Especially when you can get a Cedar Park in round two. Crosby may get FB Willowridge and Marshall the first two rounds of the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kind of hard for me to get a read on Aledo this year. They’re still killing people but just not the usual Aledo maulings. I do agree Williams is a little easier back to deal with than the ones recently and I’m not really as high on y’all’s qb as recruiters seem to be but I think Aledo’s defense is what will win them a title this year anyway, not their offense. Lovejoy is the only team I see testing y’all and I doubt your defense has a performance against them like they did last year. 

Lovejoy is very good. As of this moment I have them as the favorite to win it all. They just beat a really good Frisco team convincingly. I dont think we will have enough pass rush to effect their QB.