DCTF Week 9 State Rankings

AggiesAreWe

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor needs to keep taking care of their business but they will probably need someone in the top 10 to lose if they hope to get recognized in 4A D1. Although if the Pirates keep winning it will be hard to keep an undefeated team out of the rankings over some of the 2 loss teams in there.

Havin a lot of my family from Vidor I always like to see them do well. Congrats on an amazing season so far and best wishes on a long amazing run.

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Havin a lot of my family from Vidor I always like to see them do well. Congrats on an amazing season so far and best wishes on a long amazing run.

Thanks, it has been fun so far. I’m glad I have been following this team so closely but I have to admit I thought we would struggle this year. We graduated so many good players from last season but these guys have surprised a lot of people. The game that got cancelled (twice) would have helped, they could easily be sitting at 7-0 right now.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Thanks, it has been fun so far. I’m glad I have been following this team so closely but I have to admit I thought we would struggle this year. We graduated so many good players from last season but these guys have surprised a lot of people. The game that got cancelled (twice) would have helped, they could easily be sitting at 7-0 right now.

When Vidor left our district I thought you guys would slaughter the competition for the most part. Its great to see them finally getting to that point. Huge win last week by the way.

27 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

When Vidor left our district I thought you guys would slaughter the competition for the most part. Its great to see them finally getting to that point. Huge win last week by the way.

Believe me we did too but we couldn’t get it together last season and caught 0 good breaks but you make your own luck I guess. I’ve watched the ball bounce our way this year and it’s a beautiful thing to see. I think coach went to watch Liberty Hill I believe it was a few years ago and implemented some of their off-season strength and conditioning workouts here in Vidor. I don’t think the kids really bought in last year, they just got through it but it stuck with the younger group and you are seeing the fruits of that labor now. These guys play hard for all 4 quarters and it makes sense because it usually takes a few years to see the results of a program like that. I still miss watching those great games vs PNG and Ned every year. 

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor needs to keep taking care of their business but they will probably need someone in the top 10 to lose if they hope to get recognized in 4A D1. Although if the Pirates keep winning it will be hard to keep an undefeated team out of the rankings over some of the 2 loss teams in there.

They mentioned Vidor the other day on High School Scoreboard. I think they have those teams ranked in front of y'all because of being known commodities and tougher strengths of schedule. For instance, Anna is the sister school to Melissa and is pretty good this year but they're 5-3. All their loses have come in district play to #4 Melissa, #5 Argyle and #8 Kaufman. Vidor is playing a softer schedule and only has a 9.7ppg differential against it. If you're going to play that type of schedule then you need to be about 20ppg clear like #10 Calallen is performing right now. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They mentioned Vidor the other day on High School Scoreboard. I think they have those teams ranked in front of y'all because of being known commodities and tougher strengths of schedule. For instance, Anna is the sister school to Melissa and is pretty good this year but they're 5-3. All their loses have come in district play to #4 Melissa, #5 Argyle and #8 Kaufman. Vidor is playing a softer schedule and only has a 9.7ppg differential against it. If you're going to play that type of schedule then you need to be about 20ppg clear like #10 Calallen is performing right now. 

You’re right about that, we’ve left a hole lot of points on the field. Our turnover differential is bad (don’t know what it is but bad would probably describe it accurately) it would not indicate an undefeated record. A lot of the fumbles I have seen have been inside the other teams red zone, so yea we gotta hold onto the football like last week.

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Just keep winning, the rest will take care of itself. Cannon fodder and targets, my opinion of rankings.....Especially early on.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dang that's a hell of a district