WO-S Bond Election Tuesday/Results Here Tonight!!/Turf or No Turf

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.woccisd.net/bondInfo.pdf

Proposition 1 and 2 being voted on. #2 includes the field Turf.

I did early voting, which I have never done and I voted for this. I saw that you put in another thread that this would cost tax payers less than 4 dollars more a year. I think maybe the school district should have done a commercial or took out an add in the newspaper and told people that because I don't think many people realize that it will cost that little. I hope it passes.

:D Figure of speech. Alot of people were wondering why they didn't advertise it more. If people would have known it wasn't going to cost much it would have had a better chance of passing.

good point, coop.  on the flip side maybe it was good thing it didn't get much publicity.  it seemed like everywhere i looked there was always something negative about the BISD proposal.  the WOCCISD proposal didnt get much positive or negative attention at all.  anyway, i hope there was good voter turnout.   

Not looking good. 298 against the turf/128 for it early. What people didn't understand is the cost would have been 4.00 or less a year.

There were good arguments for both sides. I believe a lack of communication or presentation might have swung this one. I know we all want turf, but sometimes we need to put our pride an emotions away to analyze to proposition in a non biased direction.

Spoken like a true politician. ;D

Why in the world did they break out the vote for two options instead of one? No wonder it was defeated does not make any sense in my opinion. Good for the kids of BISD on their victory for some new facilites.

From KOGT.com   Proposition 2 to install artificial turf had 418 votes "for" and 742 votes "against."

Looks like there should have been an early voting box last Friday night at Dan Hooks Stadium. ;)  I am a bit surprised that there were only 418 "for" votes.  This is nearly a 2-to-1 margin.  Meanwhile, the other bond issue passes.  ??? Where/why  the discontent?  As a West Orange High graduate, I am curious to hear what Mustang fans' theories might be.  I'm sure there are other folks scratching their heads about this one. :-\

Why in the world did they break out the vote for two options instead of one? No wonder it was defeated does not make any sense in my opinion. Good for the kids of BISD on their victory for some new facilites.

They broke it out because they needed the other option for sure.  School keeps marching on without turf, but not without adequate space.  Worst thing in the world for a district is to lose a bond election for needed facilities because it is attached to "extraneous" projects.  Pie in the face and very tough future to pass bonds after that.  This give the voters a chance to speak on what they value the most.  They chose new buildings and not new turf.  If indeed it was only $4 a year more in taxes over the life of the bond I am sure efforts were made to get that information out there.  Obviously it didn't work. (Personally I find it very had to believe that $4 per year would pay off a million dollars..either WO-S has 20K citizens on tax roll, or they were trying to finance that thing for 100 years).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83