Manvel 35 Crosby 21/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

5 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Disagree. 

Let's see... last week he took a hard hit by two defenders instead of getting out of bounds and avoiding contact. This game so far he's overthrown two WRs for possible TDs. Only pass completion beyond the LOS is into double coverage and on a scramble that was more of an effort by Kirkwood IMO. 

1 minute ago, Cougar239 said:

Let's see... last week he took a hard hit by two defenders instead of getting out of bounds and avoiding contact. This game so far he's overthrown two WRs for possible TDs. Only pass completion beyond the LOS is into double coverage and on a scramble that was more of an effort by Kirkwood IMO. 

That's not true he's thrown 3-4 passes right at the first down marker for big first downs. He also isn't really forcing the ball minus the one to kirkwood that he completed. Even the bad play on 3rd was him trying to get his running back to turn around for the ball. I think the offense is disjointed. I don't think i'm blaming that on Cyrins decision making. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby gives up 7 freaking offensive points to Manvel in the first half and is again losing because of a special teams td given up. Meanwhile we miss three wide open tds. Defense flat out balling right now. Offense still looks like we’re playing Carthage, smh. 

Defense is good. We are doing that with only 6 in the box. We are saying run it we will stop it. We have except on that one drive they ran it every single play. 

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Defense is good. We are doing that with only 6 in the box. We are saying run it we will stop it. We have except on that one drive they ran it every single play. 

I disagree. We have yet to stop the run at all. Even the Texanlive announcers said that. 

1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

That's not true he's thrown 3-4 passes right at the first down marker for big first downs. He also isn't really forcing the ball minus the one to kirkwood that he completed. Even the bad play on 3rd was him trying to get his running back to turn around for the ball. I think the offense is disjointed. I don't think i'm blaming that on Cyrins decision making. 

Cryrin has to make the plays that are there, plain and simple. If he does we’re up at least 21-7 right now. 

4 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

missing throws =/= bad decision making. can be critical of his not executing and it not be about decision making. 

I’m cool with the decision making tonight. He hasn’t made a questionable one besides not throwing it away once and getting us in 2nd and long. He’s rushed throws to two wide open receivers and didn’t even see Smith(#2) wide open down the sideline for what would’ve been another td. Manvel is blowing all types of coverages and we’re not taking advantage. 

1 minute ago, MrFleet23 said:

When we tighten up this offense. I see  another  regional title at least 

I can see us playing FB Marshall now what round that takes place will be decided by the bracket but if we both win district I think that's third round. Lots of football between now and then tho. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, oddly it’s the Crosby pass defense looking great tonight. 

Likely because we have 6 in the box. For better or worse the defense in the first half was not allowing the pass and giving up the run but it gave Manvel only 7 points so... I'm not questioning the strategy. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Manvel 35 Crosby 21/FINAL