What game is most important?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What game is most important?

• PNG vs. Dayton
    • Lumberton vs. Nederland

Guest whoabroncos09

PNG and DAYTON!

we really need to win.

if dayton wins does that mean that we are distric champions??

because png and dayton both will only have one loss...

how does that work??

gotta be nederland/lumberton.  a couple of streaks that might be broken if lumberton wins... nederland's playoff streak, and lumberton's non-playoff streak.  dayton/png is a huge game, but they've both already punched their tickets to the playoffs.  a district championship is always a beautiful thing, but both teams have had one in the recent past.  if lumberton can make the playoffs, that's a big piece of history for them.

In 22-4A it has to be the Nederland - Lumberton game.

Something historic will happen.

Nederland gets their long playoff streak snapped while Lumberton goes to the playoffs for the first time EVER, or the Bulldogs celebrate while Lumberton is gut punched falling just short of the playoffs after an 8 and 2 season and along the way they become the only team in 22-4A to beat Dayton.

For sure, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat will be there as time expires.

You really got to feel for the team that comes up just short.

Deep down, I got to think Lumberton will want this game more.

We shall see....

I think it's quite evident from the postings that the most important, most significant game being played Friday night is the one "your" team is playing. It doesn't matter whether or not it's for the championship or even a playoff spot, it's "your" team and needs the support of you and your community, no matter the record.

I think it's quite evident from the postings that the most important, most significant game being played Friday night is the one "your" team is playing. It doesn't matter whether or not it's for the championship or even a playoff spot, it's "your" team and needs the support of you and your community, no matter the record.

Except....

The loser of the Dayton vs PN-G game is still playing.

The loser Lumberton vs Nederland will be lifting weights and putting on basketball shoes.

Guest dailynews

I agree with George. Most important game is all relative to who you support. Each kid thinks their game is the most important weither you are Lumberton, Nederland, Silsbee or Jasper. The seniors of each team that are not going to the playoffs see this as a very important game. Those games are going to be very emotional for its the last time 95% of these kids put on football equipment. Everyone on this board that played HS football in Texas know its a way of life all 4 years in HS and all you dream and hope about is being on that field and going to the playoffs. When these kids look back 5 years from now they will realize the life lessons they learned through the hard work and perseverence weither the kid is from LCM, BC, HF, HJ, JASPER, SILSBEE, WB, PNG, NED, LUM, OF, LIBERTY, WOS or Kelly. High School football is so much more than winning games, going to the playoffs or winning state championships. We need to think of that when we as what is the most important game!!!

Guest band of brothers

obviously you are not from lumberton and don't understand what " never been to the playoffs" means, I do understand what you are trying to say and it's kind of nice and fluffy, but man it's not very realistic!  GO RAIDERS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83