*Nederland 0 Dayton 63 FINAL/COMMENTS*

Hats off to Dayton...that was one of the smoothest performances I have seen in quite some time; absolutely dominant at just about every position; Dogs can either go into next week as a team backed into a corner or fold up the tent; i have a feeling about how they will respond, but we will see

Although Daytons offense looked good, Nederlands defense helped to make them look better than they were, a WHOLE LOT better than they were. Again, not taking anything away from Dayton offense. I would say had Nederlands defense played all out they would have still scored 28-35 on them.

It was the Dayton defense that was again impressive. They smartly totally ignored the run and put 7-8 defensive backs out there all night. Cardenas, Broussard and Brady were all double or triple covered on every snap and they played them tight. They only rushed 3 often and still won the battle at the line, The thing is, Daytons defense plays all out. They play to win, take no prisoners and they are not afraid of losing or getting beaten. Without an alternative plan to make any serious effort to run the ball at least a little, Nederlands offense never had a chance.

It just goes to show that if you want to play seriously competitive football you have to have balance and more importantly you have to have that level of defense. I would say that Dayton will go to the playoffs and they will do ok. I would not judge their offense by this game, I think they are probably about as good as PNG's offense, but their defense is on a different level than anything in 22-4a. No one else even comes close. Not PNG, not Lumberton, no one. They reminded me a lot of the old WOS defenses, but better.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PIRATEFAITHFUL JR.

wow..where is all the Nederland faithful...?

was it the refs? was it yall just didnt come to play?? whats the excuse? Or say it aint so is dayton the Better team???

wow..where is all the Nederland faithful...?

was it the refs? was it yall just didnt come to play?? whats the excuse? Or say it aint so is dayton the Better team???

Ummmm, do you need glasses?  Ned fans are all over this thread admitting defeat to a far superior team & congratulating Dayton on the win.  I don't really understand your post.   ???

Were you at the game last night?  Dayton was in man coverage the whole night, one form or another.  They sent pressure and when they only sent 3 were still in a man under 2 deep zone.  NEderland's receivers were overmatched and were afraid.  #?? wanted nothing to do with the game last night.  He went into a shell and may still be there this morning.  Nederland lost to Dayton this week not just 63-0 but 121 - 22 (Varsity 63-0, JV 38-0, Fresh. 22-20 Nederland.) You are correect about Dayton's defense playing at another level.  They are like a bunch of little hornets out there putting the hats on people and stinging them.  They are fun to watch.

Although Daytons offense looked good, Nederlands defense helped to make them look better than they were, a WHOLE LOT better than they were. Again, not taking anything away from Dayton offense. I would say had Nederlands defense played all out they would have still scored 28-35 on them.

It was the Dayton defense that was again impressive. They smartly totally ignored the run and put 7-8 defensive backs out there all night. Cardenas, Broussard and Brady were all double or triple covered on every snap and they played them tight. They only rushed 3 often and still won the battle at the line, The thing is, Daytons defense plays all out. They play to win, take no prisoners and they are not afraid of losing or getting beaten. Without an alternative plan to make any serious effort to run the ball at least a little, Nederlands offense never had a chance.

It just goes to show that if you want to play seriously competitive football you have to have balance and more importantly you have to have that level of defense. I would say that Dayton will go to the playoffs and they will do ok. I would not judge their offense by this game, I think they are probably about as good as PNG's offense, but their defense is on a different level than anything in 22-4a. No one else even comes close. Not PNG, not Lumberton, no one. They reminded me a lot of the old WOS defenses, but better.

I will say this, the Dayton fans on this board have a tremendous amount of class.  They have handled this very well.  Some folks who are having some success this year, could take some pointers on what it means to be from a community that wins.

Regardless of what some posters say, I thought the NED kids played hard from start to finish. I don't think it mattered rather they ran or passed last night. It was just the Broncos' night.

Bellows is REAL ... he made some great throws and I was impressed with #4, he was quick!!!

Great job Broncos!

Guest dailynews

It would be a shame for L-Train to come this far and be derailed. Good luck Lumberton next week vs Nederland. I would be terrible to be 8-2 staying home during the playoffs.

No excuses here, Dayton kicked our butts. Defense blanketed our receivers and forced Kirby to run for his life. Way too many weapons, #5, 81, 8, 20,and i have probably missed some. The defense can run, they fly to the ball and gang tackle.Best team we have faced so far. Good luck to our friends across the tracks next friday, they will need it. Hope Im wrong, but I dont see PNG matching up much better.

Hats off to the Broncos. They smoked us in every aspect of the game last night. This game reminded me a whole lot of the butt-kicking that we got at the hands of Central last season at home. I think it was 63-21 or something like that. What did the Dogs do after that? They got focused and won 3 straight. The Broncos were flying all over the place and had the athletes in the 2ndary to man up at the line of scrimmage and disrupt our routes all night. It was not the typical 5-7 yard cushion that we have seen from all the other teams. Just an old-fashioned butt kicking. It does go down in the books as only one loss though and the Dogs are still in position to make the playoffs with a win next week. The help that we need from Dayton will be the probable outcome of their game vs. PN-G in Dayton. If the Broncos play like they did last night, they should win that game. By the way, the quick #4 that one of the Dayton fans commented on is a freshman.

Dayton's D has been impressive, but I think last night was just a nightmare matchup for Nederland. From all accounts, it sounds like they just got into the Bulldogs' heads and forced them to give up. That's a shame. Dayton has lost three games, so they are far from unbeatable. Everyone says they "feel sorry for Lumberton next week," but I don't see it. I think the Raiders will pull it off.

Hats off to the Broncos. They smoked us in every aspect of the game last night. This game reminded me a whole lot of the butt-kicking that we got at the hands of Central last season at home. I think it was 63-21 or something like that. What did the Dogs do after that? They got focused and won 3 straight. The Broncos were flying all over the place and had the athletes in the 2ndary to man up at the line of scrimmage and disrupt our routes all night. It was not the typical 5-7 yard cushion that we have seen from all the other teams. Just an old-fashioned butt kicking. It does go down in the books as only one loss though and the Dogs are still in position to make the playoffs with a win next week. The help that we need from Dayton will be the probable outcome of their game vs. PN-G in Dayton. If the Broncos play like they did last night, they should win that game. By the way, the quick #4 that one of the Dayton fans commented on is a freshman.

I was thinking so...his name wasn't in my program...I figured that was who it was....Salenga???(sp)

Guest maverick24

WOW Some of you say that you are feeling Bad for Raidernation, WHY Ned just took a BEAT DOWN by a team Raidernation BEAT We are the better team we have shown that all year, (Hats off to png when they beat us) I said after we beat Dayton I didn't see them losing another game. Ned took that BEAT DOWN at home, I feel sorry for them coming into RAIDERNATION after that beat down. Trust me the Old Ball Coach can't say anything to take the thought out of the kids minds that they play a team Friday that beat the team that just Beat them Down. Now they will have to play with 10,000 fans yelling in their ears. I said after the png game that the season ended with 3 teams at 6-1 well it is looking that way. Ned fans put up the jackets and get out the Basketballs the rest of the winter will be in the GYM with the roundball. Everyday I will be on here reminding yall of this BEAT-DOWN till Friday night when two streaks 11 years in a row is a great feat but it ends this year.  Raidernation gets their first taste of the playoffs.  Great job Dayton!!!

Guest Uhhh What?

Hey Mav, a very wise and powerful man once said, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."  I would hate for your words to come back to haunt you.  Good luck to Ned and Lumberton next week. Should be a good game.

Hey Mav, a very wise and powerful man once said, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."  I would hate for your words to come back to haunt you.  Good luck to Ned and Lumberton next week. Should be a good game.

Yeah he better hope Dayton goes big school are he might get a shot at them again and I dont think he will like the outcome this time

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont