H-F can still make playoffs

EC96

Guest dailynews

Mangan would not let that happen. He will have his squad ready for both games. No one thought OF could beat HF and they did. I think HF has a good chance to beat K-Ville.

It is possible for hf to make the playoffs, but they cant play bc being over confident already thinking about kville. If they do that theyre gonna lose to bc just like of and ec.  with that said they still have to go through kville which hf would def. need to bring their A game and they would need kville to make alot of mistakes, but im lookin for kville to win that game.

Wouldn't Silsbee also have to lose to Jasper in the equation?

it would help even more if Jasper loses to HJ.  ;)  but if Jasper wins over HJ as many seem to expect, and if Silsbee loses to KV, then what if Jasper loses to Silsbee by say 7 points?  Would Jasper go as the third place team since Jasper has a 21 point win over HF and HF has a big win over Silsbee?  What if Jasper loses to HF by a lot?  toss a coin to see who makes the playoffs?

Obviously, if either Silsbee or Jasper win out from here, they will be in the playoffs.  It seems to me to be an extremely long shot for HF to make the playoffs, or am I missing something here?

If Jasper beats H-J and Silsbee they finish 5-2 and are in going div I

WO-S finishes 7-0 and is in as the winner

Kirbyville loses to H-F and Silsbee they finish 4-3

H-F beats BC and Kville finish 4-3

Silsbee beats Kville and loses to Jasper they finish 4-3

Now it goes to points: H-F is +17 to Silsbee (17 is the max)

Silsbee is -17 to H-F

Now the best Silsbee can do is get back to 0 by beating Kville by 17 or more.

And since Kville lost to both then they are negative

In this scenario H-F will go to the play offs as the runner up.

If Jasper beats H-J and Silsbee they finish 5-2 and are in going div I

WO-S finishes 7-0 and is in as the winner

Kirbyville loses to H-F and Silsbee they finish 4-3

H-F beats BC and Kville finish 4-3

Silsbee beats Kville and loses to Jasper they finish 4-3

Now it goes to points: H-F is +17 to Silsbee (17 is the max)

Silsbee is -17 to H-F

Now the best Silsbee can do is get back to 0 by beating Kville by 17 or more.

And since Kville lost to both then they are negative

In this scenario H-F will go to the play offs as the runner up.

I think you are  "SPOT ON". I hate to be negative, I just do not see my Horns getting by KV

without our starting QB and LB. We have injury riddled team right now. I wish them well and God speed

on their recoveries. Good Luck Horns and play hard.

I think you are  "SPOT ON". I hate to be negative, I just do not see my Horns getting by KV

without our starting QB and LB. We have injury riddled team right now. I wish them well and God speed

on their recoveries. Good Luck Horns and play hard.

Way to be supportive there.....Our team is used to that kind of support. 

Way to be supportive there.....Our team is used to that kind of support. 

I am very supportive of our team, I go to every game and root our team on. I am

stating the facts. If we could not stop Jeremy Granger and Jerrod Helton, then KV will give

us fits. Again it is because we have an injury plagued team right now. If we could have faced KV

at the beginning of district then we would have probably hung with them.

Guest ECBucFan

I just want to say I think it's GREAT that H-F is still in the playoff running as the regular season comes to an end. I can clearly see H-F is on track, turning the corner. Good times are ahead! However it works out this season, congratulations to the Horns!  ;D ;D ;D 

I am very supportive of our team, I go to every game and root our team on. I am

stating the facts. If we could not stop Jeremy Granger and Jerrod Helton, then KV will give

us fits. Again it is because we have an injury plagued team right now. If we could have faced KV

at the beginning of district then we would have probably hung with them.

we need to quit using injuries as an excuse...the FACT is we didn't have those injuries against Jasper or at the beginning of the OF game and we still lost. the other FACT is that the horns haven't played the way they did against Silsbee...we haven't seen that same team since the Silsbee game. so our QB is out, we have one who can more than handle the job and in some peoples opinion, our back up QB is better than the one who has been starting all year. the LB who is hurt, yes he is an asset but he is not the WHOLE team. we will be fine and our advantage is everyone thinks that we are not, they think we are weak due to our injuries...so let them that think that, it gives us the upper hand. GO HORNS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics