H-F can still make playoffs

EC96

Guest dailynews

Mangan would not let that happen. He will have his squad ready for both games. No one thought OF could beat HF and they did. I think HF has a good chance to beat K-Ville.

It is possible for hf to make the playoffs, but they cant play bc being over confident already thinking about kville. If they do that theyre gonna lose to bc just like of and ec.  with that said they still have to go through kville which hf would def. need to bring their A game and they would need kville to make alot of mistakes, but im lookin for kville to win that game.

Wouldn't Silsbee also have to lose to Jasper in the equation?

it would help even more if Jasper loses to HJ.  ;)  but if Jasper wins over HJ as many seem to expect, and if Silsbee loses to KV, then what if Jasper loses to Silsbee by say 7 points?  Would Jasper go as the third place team since Jasper has a 21 point win over HF and HF has a big win over Silsbee?  What if Jasper loses to HF by a lot?  toss a coin to see who makes the playoffs?

Obviously, if either Silsbee or Jasper win out from here, they will be in the playoffs.  It seems to me to be an extremely long shot for HF to make the playoffs, or am I missing something here?

If Jasper beats H-J and Silsbee they finish 5-2 and are in going div I

WO-S finishes 7-0 and is in as the winner

Kirbyville loses to H-F and Silsbee they finish 4-3

H-F beats BC and Kville finish 4-3

Silsbee beats Kville and loses to Jasper they finish 4-3

Now it goes to points: H-F is +17 to Silsbee (17 is the max)

Silsbee is -17 to H-F

Now the best Silsbee can do is get back to 0 by beating Kville by 17 or more.

And since Kville lost to both then they are negative

In this scenario H-F will go to the play offs as the runner up.

If Jasper beats H-J and Silsbee they finish 5-2 and are in going div I

WO-S finishes 7-0 and is in as the winner

Kirbyville loses to H-F and Silsbee they finish 4-3

H-F beats BC and Kville finish 4-3

Silsbee beats Kville and loses to Jasper they finish 4-3

Now it goes to points: H-F is +17 to Silsbee (17 is the max)

Silsbee is -17 to H-F

Now the best Silsbee can do is get back to 0 by beating Kville by 17 or more.

And since Kville lost to both then they are negative

In this scenario H-F will go to the play offs as the runner up.

I think you are  "SPOT ON". I hate to be negative, I just do not see my Horns getting by KV

without our starting QB and LB. We have injury riddled team right now. I wish them well and God speed

on their recoveries. Good Luck Horns and play hard.

I think you are  "SPOT ON". I hate to be negative, I just do not see my Horns getting by KV

without our starting QB and LB. We have injury riddled team right now. I wish them well and God speed

on their recoveries. Good Luck Horns and play hard.

Way to be supportive there.....Our team is used to that kind of support. 

Way to be supportive there.....Our team is used to that kind of support. 

I am very supportive of our team, I go to every game and root our team on. I am

stating the facts. If we could not stop Jeremy Granger and Jerrod Helton, then KV will give

us fits. Again it is because we have an injury plagued team right now. If we could have faced KV

at the beginning of district then we would have probably hung with them.

Guest ECBucFan

I just want to say I think it's GREAT that H-F is still in the playoff running as the regular season comes to an end. I can clearly see H-F is on track, turning the corner. Good times are ahead! However it works out this season, congratulations to the Horns!  ;D ;D ;D 

I am very supportive of our team, I go to every game and root our team on. I am

stating the facts. If we could not stop Jeremy Granger and Jerrod Helton, then KV will give

us fits. Again it is because we have an injury plagued team right now. If we could have faced KV

at the beginning of district then we would have probably hung with them.

we need to quit using injuries as an excuse...the FACT is we didn't have those injuries against Jasper or at the beginning of the OF game and we still lost. the other FACT is that the horns haven't played the way they did against Silsbee...we haven't seen that same team since the Silsbee game. so our QB is out, we have one who can more than handle the job and in some peoples opinion, our back up QB is better than the one who has been starting all year. the LB who is hurt, yes he is an asset but he is not the WHOLE team. we will be fine and our advantage is everyone thinks that we are not, they think we are weak due to our injuries...so let them that think that, it gives us the upper hand. GO HORNS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
  • Topics