To the so called Jasper fans out there

Ok this has been on my mind for the last time without saying something. I know that Jasper is not the only one with this problem.  I am so tired of seeing these so called fans of football teams start pouring out in droves in the 3rd qrt of a game that they have decided that their football team cant win.  In Jasper they leave quicker than a respected citizen caught at a bar on a saturday night.  People this is your team, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Keep your butt's parked in the stands until the game is over.  Cheer your team whether they win or lose.  I sit in a reserved section and by the third quarter of fridays game, you would of thought I had a case of bad gas.  Everybody cleared off.  Smiling as they left.  Your pathetic.

Most people In Jasper go to the game not to cheer their team on, but I truly believe only to be seen.  So they can say "yeah I went to the game"  If you can't stand to be around when the team is down, stay at home.  The team would be better off seeing less people in the stands but seeing the same amount at the end of the game.  There I said it, and I hope it ruffles some feathers,  I could care less.  OH one more thing.  when the visiting band is playing and they fininish give them a rousing cheer just as if were your child out there playing their all.  NUFF SAID.

Ok this has been on my mind for the last time without saying something. I know that Jasper is not the only one with this problem.  I am so tired of seeing these so called fans of football teams start pouring out in droves in the 3rd qrt of a game that they have decided that their football team cant win.  In Jasper they leave quicker than a respected citizen caught at a bar on a saturday night.  People this is your team, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Keep your butt's parked in the stands until the game is over.  Cheer your team whether they win or lose.  I sit in a reserved section and by the third quarter of fridays game, you would of thought I had a case of bad gas.  Everybody cleared off.  Smiling as they left.  Your pathetic.

Most people In Jasper go to the game not to cheer their team on, but I truly believe only to be seen.  So they can say "yeah I went to the game"  If you can't stand to be around when the team is down, stay at home.  The team would be better off seeing less people in the stands but seeing the same amount at the end of the game.  There I said it, and I hope it ruffles some feathers,  I could care less.  OH one more thing.  when the visiting band is playing and they fininish give them a rousing cheer just as if were your child out there playing their all.  NUFF SAID.

I don't agree with leaving early  either, but in all fairness it was freezing out there. I thought I was going to turn into a popsicle and I felt myself getting sick. Although I stayed the whole game...I couldn't say that everybody should do that. Some of these people had small children.

I'm feeling you Howard, preach on, preach on.

I will say that my fellow Tiger fans stick it out most of the time, they tough it out. There have been a few occasions though, but not many. I to have noticed lately how the Jasper fans have become more of a bandwagon type. Even though Jasper was terrible last year, I was really suprised in how few came to the game against Silsbee last year, wasn't more than 40 people on the visitors side. Also, this past Friday night, HJ only brought about 40-50 fans for that game. It looked very empty over there. Those kids on the field and up in the stands deserve better support from their communities, regardless of how good or bad they are.

Like you Howard, it is a big pet peev of mine.

hey, it is sad when fan's leave early but that's just not in jasper.For my self i was at the game and so was my kids and it was getting to cold for them so i let them leave early but i stayed cause i love my BULLDOGS win are lose.But hey all we need is to beat H-J and those Tigers witch i belive we can do and we will be in the playoffs.

I understand the cold and all, my daughter left with my Grandson in the early 4th , but its the ones that would have stayed till the end had the Bulldogs been in the lead, the ones that are there UNTIL they sence a loss coming.  Those are the ones that get my temper flairing.  I too stangchain was wondering if something going on in Orange that we didnt know about, I thought the WO-S would be packed also.

I don't agree with leaving early  either, but in all fairness it was freezing out there. I thought I was going to turn into a popsicle and I felt myself getting sick. ...

Freezing?  Then clearly you were sitting on the visitor side.  The temperature was very pleasant on the Jasper side.  We just must talk to the administration about setting the temperature the same on both sides.  ;)  Seriously. 

p.s.  I stayed until the last second ticked off the clock.  :)

I have to agree SETXbroadcaster. I am not from Jasper, just an implant. I have always felt since last year that our fans were not what they should be. Maybe they are spoiled to exceptional teams, I don't know, but it shouldn't matter. This is Texas high school football. You go watch the entire game on Friday night, win or lose.

Freezing?  Then clearly you were sitting on the visitor side.  The temperature was very pleasant on the Jasper side.  We just must talk to the administration about setting the temperature the same on both sides.   ;)  Seriously. 

p.s.  I stayed until the last second ticked off the clock.   :)

Yes, I was on the visitors side...I'm a Mustang. It definately was freezing out there. If it was pleasant on your side, then I don't know what happened on our side cause everybody was grabbing blankets. I'm not gonna knock anybody for leaving early...that's their choice. Some people caught a ride with other people, so when those people need to leave, then you have to go with them. As far as Wo-s side not being packed, again many people didn't have rides and alot of people just couldn't take that long ride in that type of weather. Nobody knows others situation, so it's unfair to blast people for leaving early or choosing to miss a game. I always stay until the final buzzer, but I'm not going to knock anybody for choosing not too.

I personally, was shocked that WOS' stands weren't packed.  I must have missed something going on in Orange Friday night 'cause I was at the game.  The stands were only half full.

I think what you missed is Youth weekend for the deer hunters. I rarely miss a mustang game but I had the opportunity to take my kids hunting thats always a good choice. If anyone gets a chance take your kids hunting or fishing.

I am not surprised in the decline in WOS fans.  I have heard several in the last several years complain about the same thing that I usually complain about, and they are just not going to go travel as they normally would.  There has been a definate decline in the home games this season in my opinion. 

I am not surprised in the decline in WOS fans.  I have heard several in the last several years complain about the same thing that I usually complain about, and they are just not going to go travel as they normally would.  There has been a definate decline in the home games this season in my opinion. 

I think the reason for the decline is because most people like to see a competitive game, not one where your blowing out everybody. I think the support will pick back up in the playoffs. Alot of people left when we went down to 3a. Alot have to do with playing in those small stadiums where you can't even get up and use the restroom...it's just not comfortable. I go anyway, but I agree it's not as exciting as it was when we were in 22-4a.

They did.  What's your point?

The band part was just a general observation of all schools.  Friday night I know that Jasper gave a great ovation to WO-S band.  I was ringing my bell till it hurt, (my hand that is) but there are some schools that very seldom acknowledge another schools band.  I should of reworded my statement indicating all schools on that subject.

The band part was just a general observation of all schools.  Friday night I know that Jasper gave a great ovation to WO-S band.  I was ringing my bell till it hurt, (my hand that is) but there are some schools that very seldom acknowledge another schools band.  I should of reworded my statement indicating all schools on that subject.

I was beginning to wonder... ;)

I remember being in the Jasper band, playing at Cleveland, and having the fans tell us to "get off the field". >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont