Running up the score

bevo

I hope everyone that has played B.C. remembers this.  A couple of years ago when Matt Pebbles, Jamey Knight and that run of player were at B.C.  They could have ran the score up to 100.  But they had some respect and were betting everyone so bad that the pulled most of the starters at half.  Pebbles could have had 2500yrds rushing his senior year. So when B.C. comes back.  I hope Coach Stump, RUNS THE SCORE UP ON EVERYONE HE PLAYS.  I am all for finishing the game. But 60+ is getting excesive.    So everyone don't forget about this when we start scoring 70+ on you again.

I hope everyone that has played B.C. remembers this.  A couple of years ago when Matt Pebbles, Jamey Knight and that run of player were at B.C.  They could have ran the score up to 100.  But they had some respect and were betting everyone so bad that the pulled most of the starters at half.  Pebbles could have had 2500yrds rushing his senior year. So when B.C. comes back.  I hope Coach Stump, RUNS THE SCORE UP ON EVERYONE HE PLAYS.   I am all for finishing the game. But 60+ is getting excesive.    So everyone don't forget about this when we start scoring 70+ on you again.

And I thought only college coaches were the only ones running up scores. Yo see it in high school but not as much. That kind of mess is bad business to me. Ecspecially if a coach see that he has his apponent down. If your atheletes are superior to yo opposition, you should pull them when the game is in hand. But you know, I ve seen teams with second and third strings that ran scores up. I don't know the extent of this post but, if he did it with starters, It's a shame.

I hope everyone that has played B.C. remembers this.  A couple of years ago when Matt Pebbles, Jamey Knight and that run of player were at B.C.  They could have ran the score up to 100.  But they had some respect and were betting everyone so bad that the pulled most of the starters at half.  Pebbles could have had 2500yrds rushing his senior year. So when B.C. comes back.  I hope Coach Stump, RUNS THE SCORE UP ON EVERYONE HE PLAYS.   I am all for finishing the game. But 60+ is getting excesive.    So everyone don't forget about this when we start scoring 70+ on you again.

I have noticed the rash of 60 point games BC has allowed this season. Bevo, have teams been throwing on you guys late in games or are they running the football? Being 3A there arent too many subs to bring in late in games but the play calling can always be taken down a notch. How are these teams putting up so many points each week?

I have noticed the rash of 60 point games BC has allowed this season. Bevo, have teams been throwing on you guys late in games or are they running the football? Being 3A there arent too many subs to bring in late in games but the play calling can always be taken down a notch. How are these teams putting up so many points each week?

PNG1992 you are so right about the subs

And I thought only college coaches were the only ones running up scores. Yo see it in high school but not as much. That kind of mess is bad business to me. Ecspecially if a coach see that he has his apponent down. If your atheletes are superior to yo opposition, you should pull them when the game is in hand. But you know, I ve seen teams with second and third strings that ran scores up. I don't know the extent of this post but, if he did it with starters, It's a shame.

I don't agree with running up the score but sometimes there is no choice. If  you are just that much better than someone else and they cannot stop you then what can you do?  Punt on first down?  Kneel every play? Thats more embarrassing to the other team than running the score up.  

And about the athletes being superior, I'll play mine if I need to.  Scenario :  What if I have 4 games at the end of the year all with the potential for the score to be ran up.  We are the better team. If the score gets out of hand and I sit my guys, then they are getting only a half of playing time.  WIth playoffs coming up, I want these guys getting as much playing time as possible.

I love that he basically says, "You should never do this! We're gonna do it to you! Again!" I've looked back at the scores from Peebles' era, and quite a few of the scores happened later in the game, and few of them were anywhere near arm's reach of 60 - much less 100.

We haven't even played y'all, but when you can come into WO-S and put up 70 on us, I'll buy you a plaque. BC is giving up an average of more than 50 points per game. It's not the opposing coaches' jobs to make your kids look good. That's up to your guys. Besides, it looks like Kville pulled the starting RB, but the sixth back on the stat list (out of the eight listed as having carries) averaged over 10 yards per carry. Jasper's third RB had a 47-yard TD run, and their last score was with more than seven minutes left. The backups are dominating. Should teams start kneeling in the third or fourth?

Besides, Ofield scored 60, but only won by 25. Not excessive.

I would worry more about the fact that you're ALLOWING an average of 65 in the last three games. Suck it up.

If your defense is just that terrible, you can't blame a team with potential for keeping their players from getting rusty.

Tough crap. There's no crying in football.

I love that he basically says, "You should never do this! We're gonna do it to you! Again!" I've looked back at the scores from Peebles' era, and quite a few of the scores happened later in the game, and few of them were anywhere near arm's reach of 60 - much less 100.

We haven't even played y'all, but when you can come into WO-S and put up 70 on us, I'll buy you a plaque. BC is giving up an average of more than 50 points per game. It's not the opposing coaches' jobs to make your kids look good. That's up to your guys. Besides, it looks like Kville pulled the starting RB, but the sixth back on the stat list (out of the eight listed as having carries) averaged over 10 yards per carry. Jasper's third RB had a 47-yard TD run, and their last score was with more than seven minutes left. The backups are dominating. Should teams start kneeling in the third or fourth?

I would worry more about the fact that you're ALLOWING an average of 65 in the last three games. Suck it up.

If your defense is just that terrible, you can't blame a team with potential for keeping their players from getting rusty.

Good post wos92 I agree 100%

This was the answer to my question, thanx

AMEN WOS92!!! But it was acutally it was the fifth RB who fumbled and the forth who picked it up and ran 47 for a TD. However the 3rd RB did rush for over 100 yards which made it 3 backs with over a 100 yards. And no matter waht the score is when the back ups get in the game the coaches cant ask them to not go hard, they dont get the chance to play that much and when they get in the game they want to do thier best.

Guest catfever

When you played OF a couple of weeks ago, your coach was calling TO with 45 seconds left down 18.  We are running up the middle and he calls TO twice.  That is as close to kneeling as possible.  We run one more play for 50 yards and a TD.  The game could have been over.  Blame your coach not the other coaches.

most of you have hit this issue on the head.  it is more embarrassing to have someone kneel the ball midway through the fourth.  you can't expect a backup to get into the game and not try to do his best, or not make it into the endzone when he has the chance.  the only way you can have a gripe here is if the opponent's starting running back is still carrying the ball late into the 3rd and 4th quarter, or if the opponent is still putting the ball in the air after being up 40 or 50.  if your team can't stop 3rd and 4th (or even 5th and 6th) string running backs, then that's on your team and coaches, not on the opponent's coach who is doing his best to keep things reasonable while getting backups playing time. 

What about district contest that might come down to wire and you have to look at penetration and etc. For example, Jasper beat Bridge by a larger margin than Kirbyville, so lets say if three of the teams in district 21-A are tied at 4-3 for the final spot, then the scores versus common opponents could come in to play. Let me know if this is the case and as result of this, you have play the district games that you have a large lead in, a lot differentlty than non-district contest.

since this post came after the k'ville game, i'm assuming you feel that they ran the score up on you too.  keep in mind that BC put up 19 first half points, and wasn't having a lot of trouble doing so.  K'ville did score 34 points in the first half, but the game was somewhat competitive at halftime.  when you consider the fact that BC showed that they could score some points, K'ville was kind of obligated to keep putting up points in the 3rd quarter to put the game away.  it would've been a little different if the score at the half was 34-0 instead of 34-19.  once the game was out of reach, backups came in, and they were still scoring.  i did see that pierce rhodes only carried the ball 9 times.  it's on the defense that he scored 4 touchdowns and had over 250 yards.  He got his last touchdown with 10:44 left in the 3rd quarter.  I doubt if he touched the ball again, although i can't say for sure.

What a pathetic plea for mercy. I guess they know whats coming in a few weeks.... :o

What about district contest that might come down to wire and you have to look at penetration and etc. For example, Jasper beat Bridge by a larger margin than Kirbyville, so lets say if three of the teams in district 21-A are tied at 4-3 for the final spot, then the scores versus common opponents could come in to play. Let me know if this is the case and as result of this, you have play the district games that you have a large lead in, a lot differentlty than non-district contest.

Penetrations are not counted as tie breakers any more. And only the teams that are tied use the tie breakers. In other words Bridge City will not be tied with another team for a play-off spot so the scores in any of their games is a mute point. If two teams are tied for a play-off spot then the tie breaker is the head to head score, who beat who, to decide the representative. If three or more are tied then the tie breaker is determined by the score of the three teams tied. If team "A" beats team "C" by a score of 28 to 7 then team "A" gets to count a +15, the highest point total you can get. Team "C" will have -15 points. If team "C" beats team "B" by a score of 14 to 6 then team "C" is awarted +8 points and team "B" gets -8 points. If team "B" beats team "A" by a score of 8 to 7 then team "B" gets awarded +1 and team "A" gets -1. Add up all the scores and you have team "A" with +14 points, team "B" with -7, and team "C" with -7. If all three teams were tied for first place then team "A" would be declared the winner because of the point total of +14 points. Teams "B" and "C" would still be tied with -7 points each so the tie breaker would be the head to head contest which would be team "C" getting second because of its win over team "B". If this explination is correct and I think it is then there is no reason to run up a score purposely. I could be wrong about how this works but I think I am right. Please understand I am not saying anybody purposely ran up the score I am just trying to explain to the poster how the tie breakers work.

Guest RedBirdFan85

Everyone knows BC has a new offense, but people forget BC lost thier defensive coordinator too and are running a new defense also.. thats partly the reason teams are scoring 60 on us... it's hard to runa defense when half the kids do the wrong thing, run the wrong gap, etc.

Have yall noticed the only people who are complaining about running up the score, are the ones who have had the score run up on them? Give it a rest. This is football. HS football. This is not pop-warner. If you dont want it to happen....GET A TEAM.

Guest FPHS 78

i dont think is so much running up the score..i dont think bc can stop anybody........what comes around goes around

When you played OF a couple of weeks ago, your coach was calling TO with 45 seconds left down 18.  We are running up the middle and he calls TO twice.  That is as close to kneeling as possible.  We run one more play for 50 yards and a TD.  The game could have been over.  Blame your coach not the other coaches.

EXACTLY! Here is my proposed solution to the problem:

Since the team who is getting blown out is the one needing mercy, they should reach out. Currently, when one team runs into the middle of the pile and falls three times, then punts, the team being slaughtered does everything they can to fly down and score. That's crap. If you want the team dominating you to stop scoring, you should too. In other words, if you want your opponent to stop throwing the ball, stop driving for the end zone, etc., then take a knee. When you think it's getting out of hand and want to save face in the papers and score ticker, snap the ball and take a knee. I doubt there's a team in this state who would continue to score if you knelt the ball out and punted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty