Most Dominating Team...

ohyehwut

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PN-G will likely win district. Not state. I really don't think we have a "state" caliber team in our area this year. WB would be the closest. I have been rooting for the injuns, though. Hope they win the district outright.

they still have dayton. so we will see..

WO-S has dominated its own district and district 22-4A since dropping classes in '04. However, in my opinion, a "dominating" team should still be 8-0 in week 9. We've pulled it out in all but one game, but haven't "dominated." Our defense has been dominating, especially in the second half. If our OC can get the offense up to speed with the D, we'll be GOLDEN!

WO-S certainly has had a great run over the last 20years or so. Plenty of talk around these boards sayin 21-3A is way down this year. Anyone think this is right? Can we have a rep from 21-3A truly dominate in the playoffs this year? What about 2A? EC & Buna put on a show tonight. Can they do it on the State stage?

WO-S certainly has had a great run over the last 20years or so. Plenty of talk around these boards sayin 21-3A is way down this year. Anyone think this is right? Can we have a rep from 21-3A truly dominate in the playoffs this year? What about 2A? EC & Buna put on a show tonight. Can they do it on the State stage?

According to my calculations, and contrary to what a lot of people are saying, I think WOS most definitely has the potential to... we've performed better against 3A competition this year than any other in the state.  The difficulty is making it out of Region III still winning and uninjured as Region III has 17 of the top 30 programs in the state

3A Power Rankings for Week 9

(takes into account all games between all 174 3A programs statewide thru October 27th)

1 - 112.47 West Orange-Stark (21-3A)

2 - 108.00 Liberty Hill (18-3A)

3 - 105.32 Royse City (10-3A)

4 - 105.04 Waco La Vega (17-3A)

5 - 102.59 Celina (9-3A)

6 - 102.15 Gilmer (15-3A)

7 - 101.27 Giddings (23-3A)

8 - 96.93 Madisonville (19-3A)

9 - 96.72 Carthage (20-3A)

10 - 95.86 Waco Connally (17-3A)

11 - 95.01 Caldwell (23-3A)

12 - 94.95 Diboll (20-3A)

13 - 94.12 Abilene Wylie (7-3A)

14 - 93.94 Jasper (21-3A)

15 - 91.48 Cuero (29-3A)

16 - 90.91 Silsbee (21-3A)

17 - 90.29 Kirbyville (21-3A)

18 - 89.32 Crockett (20-3A)

19 - 89.03 Robinson (17-3A)

20 - 88.63 Liberty-Eylau (16-3A)

21 - 88.52 Kennedale (12-3A)

22 - 87.70 Frisco Wakeland (9-3A)

23 - 85.84 Navasota (23-3A)

24 - 85.21 Prosper (9-3A)

25 - 85.20 China Spring (17-3A)

26 - 85.15 Graham (6-3A)

27 - 85.04 Hamshire-Fannett (21-3A)

28 - 84.02 Argyle (8-3A)

29 - 83.73 Tyler Chapel Hill (14-3A)

30 - 83.28 Clyde (7-3A)

Yeah WOS87, but our district is so weak, except for WOS that is, a sick cat could cake walk through it. With our offense sputtering with overthrown passes and a suspect FG kicker, we will have trouble making it 3 rounds. HA! I said something similar in 2000, as well.

We'll see.

I don't see Dayton beating PNG....PNG has come together for a well balanced team.  I just don't see it.  I also think Nederland will beat Dayton as well.  When Nederland is in the hunt, they will prevail.  I think they will beat Dayton.  MidCounty rules this year.

WO-S has dominated its own district and district 22-4A since dropping classes in '04. However, in my opinion, a "dominating" team should still be 8-0 in week 9. We've pulled it out in all but one game, but haven't "dominated." Our defense has been dominating, especially in the second half. If our OC can get the offense up to speed with the D, we'll be GOLDEN!

Hey 92, go a little easier on our boys, would ya?  Think about that one loss...we missed Monday's practice because we were playing a Saturday game.  They practiced Tues and Wednesday but didn't practice Thursday and only had a light workout on Friday. (Keep in mind that we didn't have school, so there weren't any team period practices in the middle of the day like we normally have.) I'd like to re-play Bay City right now.  Guarantee you we come out the victors, but to continue to say that we haven't "dominated" because we lost an extremely close ballgame to Bay City is kind of unfair, IMO.  I'm not trying to make excuses, but facts are facts and the fact is, Bay City had more time to prepare for us than we did for them.  I think we did pretty darn good for basically no practice. Add it up, it's four or five workouts that were missed that week.

People are saying our 3a district is way down? maybe it is, but 22AAAA is down as well. Anytime you have a team like Lumberton challenging for a playoff spot, should tell you all you should know about that district. Lumberton didn't do much of anything last year and all of a sudden in one year they are challenging for the district title. Come on now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this district is pretty weak. There is alot of inconsistant play by all teams in that district. I can remember earlier in the year, people were making jokes about Png and their inability to score, now all of a sudden people act like they are they best team in the state. They are in a weak district.  The district haven't been the same since Wo-s left. Put Wo-s in that district and it's teams fighting for the second and third spot just like they are doing in 3A. Wo-s is young, but they are still the best team in this area.

I agree, tam...If we were to go back and look at the posts before the season started, and look at Dave Campbell's mag, it stated that 213A was one of the toughest districts in the state, so I don't know where all of this "weak" stuff is coming from all of a sudden unless it's some jealousy crap getting started.  I think Jasper is the toughest team we have played so far, even though the score may not reflect that.  HF held us closer than Jasper, but they were not nearly as tough as Jasper, IMO.  That said, there are some good teams in our district and it's a bunch of baloney that people are now trying to say it is weak.  Just doesn't make sense to me...

People are saying our 3a district is way down? maybe it is, but 22AAAA is down as well. Anytime you have a team like Lumberton challenging for a playoff spot, should tell you all you should know about that district. Lumberton didn't do much of anything last year and all of a sudden in one year they are challenging for the district title. Come on now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this district is pretty weak. There is alot of inconsistant play by all teams in that district. I can remember earlier in the year, people were making jokes about Png and their inability to score, now all of a sudden people act like they are they best team in the state. They are in a weak district.  The district haven't been the same since Wo-s left. Put Wo-s in that district and it's teams fighting for the second and third spot just like they are doing in 3A. Wo-s is young, but they are still the best team in this area.

So, a team can't improve from one year to the next?? If I remember correctly,  Lumberton wasn't blown out in every game last year. They were close in several of them, just couldn't pull off the win. They had some younger players and that year of experience payed off for them. That and lots of hard work. Not saying our district isn't weak...some teams are stronger than last year and some are not. I just don't think you can use Lumberton this year as an excuse for saying our district is weak. The potential was there just needed more work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83