Dayton at Nederland Predictions/BIG SCHOOL GAME OF THE WEEK!

Guest TravelingBandsman

well they have an all state saftey with a scholarship to mcnesse 

yea i messed up on that one sorry i ment to do the one with does dayton have any worthy defensive backs

oh and one more note nederland started using our offense this year so im pretty sure they no how to defend  it but it will defiantly be one heck of a game

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First -  Dayton #1 DB may be good but he has not faced Nederlands leading reciever

or should I say (22-4A leading reciever)

Second - As for 21 points allowed thats good but you haven't played Ned or PNG 

Ned by 7

"Nederlands leading reciever or should I say (22-4A leading reciever)", just curious what were his stats last year, I can't find any?

First -  Dayton #1 DB may be good but he has not faced Nederlands leading reciever

or should I say (22-4A leading reciever)

Second - As for 21 points allowed thats good but you haven't played Ned or PNG 

Ned by 7

He has started in 22-4A for two years and in 19-4A for one---nobody has had anywhere close to a big game on him and I would bet he has seen as good as you have to offer.

He has started in 22-4A for two years and in 19-4A for one---nobody has had anywhere close to a big game on him and I would bet he has seen as good as you have to offer.

I remember the kid from last season, he is a very good player. But, I do have a question.. Who did he cover in the Friendswood game? They threw for 253 yards in that game and I assume some of that had to be the guy he was covering. Otherwise, another corner must have been really picked on all night long. This is simply a question. I was not at the game and have not seen Dayton play all year. I do, however, feel like they are the best team in the district at the moment. It would take a great effort from us this Friday to knock the defending champs out. This should be a wonderful ballgame. I would not sell my ticket on the 50 yard line for 100 bucks.

I remember the kid from last season, he is a very good player. But, I do have a question.. Who did he cover in the Friendswood game? They threw for 253 yards in that game and I assume some of that had to be the guy he was covering. Otherwise, another corner must have been really picked on all night long. This is simply a question. I was not at the game and have not seen Dayton play all year. I do, however, feel like they are the best team in the district at the moment. It would take a great effort from us this Friday to knock the defending champs out. This should be a wonderful ballgame. I would not sell my ticket on the 50 yard line for 100 bucks.

It was one of the corners--but that has been rectified---for a better look at this particular DB get the game film and check out his individual coverage of Derrick Hall last week

Guest 87CRU79

It's gonna be a good one Friday at the Dog House, and me and my boys can't wait to go watch. Sure Smesny can cover Asa,but the rest of the secondary has to worry about the remaining receiving core. These guys have been puttting some killer numbers up with the help of Sophomore Sensation, Kirby Bellow. The only thing that I have notice disrupt the Nederland passing attack is a strong pass rush. And judging by the 3-Man front and Cover 4 yall run, I don't see yall getting much of a rush on the QB. Maybe yall's coach will change it up a little bit for Friday, and I can't wait to see what happens.

My recollection of the Friendswood game .... Most of those passing yards came on 3 big plays to three different receivers ... so I would assume at least 2 different DB's. McClaren from friendswood is as good as anyone in the area....5A or otherwise....I can't wait til friday!!!

Guest maverick24

I wouldnt Bragg about stopping Hall He has not done much at all this season. Lumberton's passing game moved the ball on Dayton (agreed we didn't score a ton of points just 8 but it was enough) and I think that Ned's passing game is better than the Raidernation's I am expecting a great game. I am mixed on who to pull for. If Dayton runs the table it makes the Raidernation win over them look much better than if they miss the playoffs, But a Ned win (with a Raidernation and a png win) puts us in the playoffs. I would love to go into week 10 knowing we are in so we don't have a chance to have a flat game and miss out at 8 & 2 again!!!

I wouldnt Bragg about stopping Hall He has not done much at all this season. Lumberton's passing game moved the ball on Dayton (agreed we didn't score a ton of points just 8 but it was enough) and I think that Ned's passing game is better than the Raidernation's I am expecting a great game. I am mixed on who to pull for. If Dayton runs the table it makes the Raidernation win over them look much better than if they miss the playoffs, But a Ned win (with a Raidernation and a png win) puts us in the playoffs. I would love to go into week 10 knowing we are in so we don't have a chance to have a flat game and miss out at 8 & 2 again!!!

It was not a brag---just a statement. After all Hall was just the latest in a string of victims. All Lumberton did was hit the short, underneath routes which Dayton was giving--and that is NOT a reflection on the DBs but it was enough for the tightest of victories but a win nonetheless. The Dayton team Lumberton squeaked by is not the same team which will face Nederland---I hope to see you folks in the third round.

How many interceptions did Dayton have against Lumberton?  Three I think.  I wouldn't brag about your big passing night against Dayton.

I seem to remember him being part of two LOOONG td's against you guys. He can't do it all himself. Central didn't have a play over 20 yds on us...unlike others in the district. So,...I would say we get to brag a little, he's a great player. You guys just win out and you won't have to pull for anyone but L - town. BTW, I think you will.

There are many Bulldog fans saying that the Nederland receivers can't be covered.

I got a strong feeling that the person with the most offensive yards receiving and rushing won't be a Bulldog, but it will be AJ Dugat.  If AJ gets into the secondary with the ball it is just about over.  Lumberton was lucky he was at QB the night we played them.  Their D Line did a fantastic job containing him.  You can't do that when he is playing receiver.  If you do overload some players to cover him, that opens up the other great Bronco receivers.

Nederland's passing offense may be good, but Dayton will certainly be able to match up.

And if it comes down to defenses...

The stats just show that the Broncos have been the better defensive club over the course of the year.

Once the ball is kicked off the stats become meaningless, the team that executes better, and occasionaly gets the right bounce of the ball will win this game.

What a football game this will be...

I can't wait till tomorrow.

Seeing AJ's touchdown runs and receptions on the replay jumbotron will top off the evening!

It's gonna be a good one Friday at the Dog House, and me and my boys can't wait to go watch. Sure Smesny can cover Asa,but the rest of the secondary has to worry about the remaining receiving core. These guys have been puttting some killer numbers up with the help of Sophomore Sensation, Kirby Bellow. The only thing that I have notice disrupt the Nederland passing attack is a strong pass rush. And judging by the 3-Man front and Cover 4 yall run, I don't see yall getting much of a rush on the QB. Maybe yall's coach will change it up a little bit for Friday, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Our secondary will do just fine.

It's amazing how the teams we face are never the same team they were at the first of the season. They have done nothing but improve. We here in Nederland just keep chuggin along wishing our team could improve. LMAO.

Must be a MidCounty thing, baddog.....LOL....people tend to feel the same way about the Indians!

It was one of the corners--but that has been rectified---for a better look at this particular DB get the game film and check out his individual coverage of Derrick Hall last week

Not to take anything away from Derrick Hall... He is a great talent and very speedy. But, when it comes to pass catching ability and route running he pales in comparison to Asa Cardenas. Smesny is a great DB, I think everyone knows that. It will be a great matchup all night long.  But, in my opinion, he will not shut Asa down. Since you guys in Dayton keep throwing stats up here, let's compare Hall vs. Cardenas.

Hall  16 catches, 216 yards and 2 TD's.

Cardenas 55 catches, 831, 11 TD's.

Both very good players, but COMPLETELY different styles.

Not to take anything away from Derrick Hall... He is a great talent and very speedy. But, when it comes to pass catching ability and route running he pales in comparison to Asa Cardenas. Smesny is a great DB, I think everyone knows that. It will be a great matchup all night long.  But, in my opinion, he will not shut Asa down. Since you guys in Dayton keep throwing stats up here, let's compare Hall vs. Cardenas.

Hall  16 catches, 216 yards and 2 TD's.

Cardenas 55 catches, 831, 11 TD's.

Both very good players, but COMPLETELY different styles.

You are right. But QBs play a major role as well. What could hall do with Bellows under center??? never know

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124