L-Train Derailed

akifan94

Although I am from Lumberton, I say, Gotta Love those Indians too!  I have always admired your spirit and when I lived down there, your games were just fun to go to!  I know that they still are!  You support your team but you are gracious to the other teams fans!  I don't think I have ever heard an Indian get ugly about things!  Thank you for your support of our team!  We will be back on track next week!!  Good luck to you to Indians!

png dominated that game, even though lumberton was only 1 td away at the end

That is a totally incorrect statement. I was at the game and I am a neutral observer. This game could have gone either way. I predicted the exact score ;D and said it could flip flop very easily. It was nothing but a semi educated guess, but I was shocked at how right I was. PNG and Lumberton look almost EXACTLY alike in every way. If they had switched uniforms at halftime and come back out posing as one another no one would have been able to tell. Thats how similar they look, they really do.

I will say that PNG is not quite as hard hitting as Lumberton, their run defense is super agressive and effiecient but they are vulnerable to the pass.

What a fun game to watch, and it ended early enough that I made most of the 2nd half of the NEderland/Ozen game!!! ;D

PNG did not dominate the game. The game was dominated by 3 outstanding running backs and 2 excellent offensive lines. Both teams moved the ball equally effectively. I have not seen the stats but I am betting that they are really close. There was a brief moment where PNG pulled away by 2 scores but Lumberton came roaring back and pounded PNG back into their end zone for another 6. Lumbertons offense was versatile and quick to strike. The play calling was exquisite and the Lumberton coaches never made a mistake.

Hats off to both teams. It was one of the best games I have seen in years.

PNG did not dominate the game. The game was dominated by 3 outstanding running backs and 2 excellent offensive lines. Both teams moved the ball equally effectively. I have not seen the stats but I am betting that they are really close. There was a brief moment where PNG pulled away by 2 scores but Lumberton came roaring back and pounded PNG back into their end zone for another 6. Lumbertons offense was versatile and quick to strike. The play calling was exquisite and the Lumberton coaches never made a mistake.

Good job of calling the score before the game....sounds like it was a real barn burner.....er, train burner!

We were up by 14 points and our coach calls a pass play when were able to almost run at will.  Guess what, we throw an INT and Lumberton capitalized on the BAD play call. If we ran it, I would almost gaurantee we would've went up by 21 points, and then the bone headed fake punt. Take away those two goofy play calls and your right the play calling was good. I think Lumberton had our number in the 1st quarter, tied in 2nd, we edge out the domination in the 3rd and 4th quarter. How many players does Lumberton have because it didn't look like very many? They did overall out hit us

PN_G's Hemmings ran all over Lumberton well....i should say flat over Lumberton. I'd be suprised If Lumberton ran for more than 75 yards. It was more of a PNG dominated game minus the ridiculas penaltys that plagued PNG. Lumberton was forced to rely on a passing game which worked pretty well. Lumberton was outmatched but there hearts kept them in the game. The have a small but extremly agressive and fast defense with alot of heart. Lumbertons kids never backed down and payed the price for meeting Hemmings head up several times instead of taking him low. Poor number 6 on Lumbertons team took a beating tonight ...but gotta give credit where credit is due...he has heart and he flew to the football.  Im not sure he knew where he was when he met Hemmings at the goal line head to head, but he left it all on the field. Lumberton showed alot of heart and actually they are a well coached team. Still....PN-G WAS flat this game...many penaltys....flat secondary play....but still with size and strength held the Raiders off using mere brute force hard nosed football. GREAT GAME.....Lumberton....I love the enthusiasm and spirit of your players and fans and keep your heads up...I have a feeling with the way everyone is moving to Lumberton...your gonna have many many succesful seasons to come. Im pretty confident Lumberton will make the playoffs this year and possible go to the second or third round. PN-G tonight...just a lil to much to handle physically and most teams are finding out the same thing this year. PNg is a very powerful team north and south this season...gonna be fun to watch what they do in the post season.

GREAT GAME

Scalp Em Indians

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder