Is Chritstian the best RB in the area?

westend1

After watching Christian Michael for a full game, I am convinced that he is the best(not counting Albert).

He has a rare combination of great speed, toughness and elusivenss that I have not seen from any other back.  He plays bigger than the 5'11 180lbs that he is listed at.  Any thought?

Guest WBFan09

excluding Albert i believe he is the best in this area...

he has a very nice running style...runs down hill and uses players that him to hold his balance on the field...and by the way westend1 he actually ran alot more like Albert in that game...he was attacking the defense and going after guys as opposed to normal which is juking and getting around them

Cooper is a speed back, can cut on a dime. He's a little smaller than Albert but some say he faster, if you can believe that. In the first 5 games on the JV I belive he score every rushing TD. Stump will give him a little more work each week and hope he can be a solid contributor come playoff time reggardless if Albert is back or not,

Guest WBFan09

Cooper is a speed back, can cut on a dime. He's a little smaller than Albert but some say he faster, if you can believe that. In the first 5 games on the JV I belive he score every rushing TD. Stump will give him a little more work each week and hope he can be a solid contributor come playoff time reggardless if Albert is back or not,

yea you could definitley tell that he wasnt given many oppurtunities he looked like he was playing it safe and sticking with the play call unlike Albert and Christian who take what the defense shows them and changes it around...this could be because it was his first game though im sure he will get more oppurtunities later on

hussey will be playing on saturday. wants to trains to . some faster,some

may juke better,but cody can run the ball also. some colleges have been

looking his way( 4 or 5 i think) his type of running style with his shortststure ,makes for a hard type of guy to tackle

5' 8  -200 lb.  4.6 40 isnt bad, isnt fastest, but fastest doesnt always mean

better . has nose for the rb pos. with that said the wbbears kids are awesome

i hear,tt from ec is the real deal,lord their is several others, just dont want to

forget some , but3a /4a/5a/ has some studs

Tramaine has made it pretty clear he wants to play football...

and any time there is a discussion about a top running back.. CODY HUSSEY should be mentioned.. first 3 games of the year he played basically only the first half. and only like 3 minutes against BC. lol.. but in the first 2 district games so far he has 7 td's and 418 yards!! that is pretty darn good.. and the best part is that he gives all the credit to his O-LINE and he isnt cocky about it

Guest BIG HOUSE

Hussey may not be on the level of the WB rb's  but he is a pretty solid Div.2 rb...not bad for 5'7"  190lb.

He does outwork most other kids..... and always fights for extra yrds.

Guest BIG HOUSE

NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS............upon further stat research,I'm not so sure that the Hussey kid isn't on their level....prolly not as fast,but def. on the level...

Interesting facts from Chronicle......WB34                    Central17                      Lumberton35                      Central14

307to.yrds            196to.yrds                        418to.yrds                        242to.yrds

rush35-220            rush35-97                        rush52-341                        rush25-50

Williams&Michael      Hall&Thomas                        Hussey                          Hall&Thomas

25-161                  23-75                            35-254  4td                        19-81

I'm not saying that those guys aren't great backs,but Hussey had better numbers and played defense in the 2,3,& 4qtrs.

Looks like Lumberton did just as well as WB did ;) ;) ;) ;) So you guys can say 5A this or that,but 22-4A is a very tough dist. and could play with some pretty good 5A teams.............There are the numbers,make your own decision........

NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS............upon further stat research,I'm not so sure that the Hussey kid isn't on their level....prolly not as fast,but def. on the level...

Interesting facts from Chronicle......WB34                    Central17                       Lumberton35                      Central14

307to.yrds             196to.yrds                        418to.yrds                         242to.yrds

rush35-220             rush35-97                        rush52-341                        rush25-50

Williams&Michael      Hall&Thomas                         Hussey                           Hall&Thomas

25-161                   23-75                             35-254  4td                         19-81

I'm not saying that those guys aren't great backs,but Hussey had better numbers and played defense in the 2,3,& 4qtrs.

Looks like Lumberton did just as well as WB did ;) ;) ;) ;) So you guys can say 5A this or that,but 22-4A is a very tough dist. and could play with some pretty good 5A teams.............There are the numbers,make your own decision........

agreed....22-4A is prolly the toughest 4A district in the state. Lumberton will hold it's own in the playoffs!

Interesting facts from Chronicle......WB34                    Central17                       Lumberton35                      Central14

307to.yrds             196to.yrds                        418to.yrds                         242to.yrds

rush35-220             rush35-97                        rush52-341                        rush25-50

Williams&Michael      Hall&Thomas                         Hussey                           Hall&Thomas

25-161                   23-75                             35-254  4td                         19-81

Both backs shared carries in the Central game against WB and definately between the both of them they probally didn't get 35 touches.  The Micheals kid is D-1 at its finest...  Hussey reminds me of the Ned back from last year...  strong hard runner on the highschool level... but average type of runner on th enext level...  Hussey is a d@mn good runner but not on Micheals level!

Guest beards_bro

Both backs shared carries in the Central game against WB and definately between the both of them they probally didn't get 35 touches.  The Micheals kid is D-1 at its finest...  Hussey reminds me of the Ned back from last year...  strong hard runner on the highschool level... but average type of runner on th enext level...  Hussey is a d@mn good runner but not on Micheals level!

I think to resolve this debate someone should ask several of the Central players what they think about all three backs and how they compared to each other on the field as they played against all three of them. I think they could give an objective opinion. Hussey may not be as fast as the other two backs but he makes up for it in many other areas. If you look at the stats from the Central games between The Brook and L-Town Hussey had more yards and I believe more touchdowns. The other guy made the argument that The Brooks two backs probably didn't have 35 carries like Hussey and that is true, they only had 25 carries combined...10 less than Hussey. However, if you look at the average yards per carry, Hussey averaged 7.25 and West Brooks backs averaged 6.44 yards during those two games. I haven't seen the two guys from West Brook play before so I can't really give an educated opinion on this subject but the stats do tell a story and that is Hussey does hold his own with these two guys and he definitely can be mentioned in the same sentence with these guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami