*WO-S 65 HJ 0 Final/Comments*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well all i know is that I laid out #66,#35,and #28 (who does not know how to throw a cut block).....and we showd mad heart...we declined the option of having a running clock the entire second half just so we could have every opportunity to crack heads with you guys,the score didnt matter after the third we just wanted a few good  hits to remember...and we got em...#28 and I mixed it up pretty good...and as a team we NEVER GAVE UP we made yall play us every snap and used every second on that clock...yeah the score was bad but a score board doesnt show heart...

also WOS is pretty classy waiting for the home teams fight song to start and run out of the tunnel while the home team takes the field just so yall could meet us at the fifty to share "nice clean words of encouragement to us" thanks we appreciated that fellas.......

well all i know is that I laid out #66,#35,and #28 (who does not know how to throw a cut block).....and we showd mad heart...we declined the option of having a running clock the entire second half just so we could have every opportunity to crack heads with you guys,the score didnt matter after the third we just wanted a few good  hits to remember...and we got em...#28 and I mixed it up pretty good...and as a team we NEVER GAVE UP we made yall play us every snap and used every second on that clock...yeah the score was bad but a score board doesnt show heart...

also WOS is pretty classy waiting for the home teams fight song to start and run out of the tunnel while the home team takes the field just so yall could meet us at the fifty to share "nice clean words of encouragement to us" thanks we appreciated that fellas.......

Wow. You laid out three different players? Well, if they were blocking, they must have been on offense. #28 didn't come in until mid-fourth quarter (and scored), and the same goes for #35 on offense. How on earth did you "make" WO-S play you on every snap? Had the Stangs gone home at the end of the third, they still would have won. Take your lumps and move on.

WOW!!!! The crying never ends!!!!  Had we PLAYED you every down the score wouldve been well over 100. Also congrats on doing your job you shouldve gotten the other 10 guys on the field with you to do theirs and maybe the score wouldve been a little more respectable...I think youre lacking in heart, because if you had any you would shut your mouth,take your lumps and move on, also you wouldnt have to brag about plays that put zero points on the board for your team!

Also, how can you say that "the score didnt matter after the third" then say "we never gave up?"

Wow...danged if you do and danged if you don't.

I can honestly say that I did not enjoy this game AT ALL!  I never enjoy these types of games.  As for saying that the HJ players didn't play with heart...that's not true, because I don't know that I would have even come back on the field.  As for size...stop the drama "Mr. Guest"...you talking about WO-S here, ok?  We are not giants but we do work for what we have and make up for with speed and perserverance what we lack in size.  I don't have an explanation for that infamous, needless timeout with 1:30 minutes left in the first half, but trust me....classless is not a word I would use.  

To the player who "laid out" some of our players late in the game...kudos to you...pat yourself on the back baby because that is what you are supposed to do.  WO-S is a FOOTBALL team, whereas H-J is a BASKETBALL team...noone can help that.  These types of games (for those who are in the position to pull off a win) are best utilized as "practice" sessions for plays and players and combinations of both for the future.  Well, I'm tired and this is useless. ::)

Would someone please show me where I said that WOS ran the score up?  Please?

I disagreed with the fact that the coaches called timeout at the end of the half to get the ball back with the game clearly in hand.  That's it.  You guys keep trying to change what I am saying.  I have yet to say that WOS ran it up. 

I have said several times that I believe kids should never be asked to not play hard or show restraint because of the opponent.  That is the coaches job.

I thought is was unnecessary, you guys disagree.  It is what it is.

It's called a 2 minute drill. Since you know so much about sports then you should have heard of that before. It also happens to be something that we need work on. It was a perfect opportunity to work on it and our OC saw fit to do it at that time. I applaud him for having the balls to do it. It was about making our kids better, not hurting your feelings. We threw only 2 passes in the second half and both came on the first drive of the 3rd quarter. After that, all we did was run the ball. Football is a violent game, where people get hit and feelings get hurt. If you don't have the stomach for it then you might want to look into following Tennis or something.

HJ fans, we just have to lick our wounds... we all knew this was coming... apparently the coach knew it was coming too.  I personally don't have a problem with WO-S practicing what they need to work on against us.  Why should it matter whether they score on a 30 yard run or a 30 yard pass.  if anything, they did us a favor.  I'll take trying to stop WO-S's passing game over stopping their running game any day of the week.  Until we're competitive in this district, we have to understand that for many teams, we're only a tune-up game before playoffs... if they can practice something against us that will better prepare them to represent our entire district during the playoffs, i really don't have a problem with that. 

Bravo Bullets!!! Thank you for understanding and being real. Anyone with any sense knows that we weren't trying to show anyone up. The things we did in the 2nd quarter were things we needed to work on. I will also say that, I watched the players shake hands after the game and it did not appear the HJ players had the same attitude their coach had. They represented well and were very good sports.

I am starting to feel disillusioned. Each week, we watch players line up head-to-head and snarl at each other - scrape and bite and push and hit and pummel and crush. We watch our boys do everything they can within the rules to break the opponents' spirits and hurt them enough to make them submit. They talk s#@t, take their wounds as badges of honor and do their best to make the guy across the line give up and join the band. Then we get on here and whine that the other team was being mean.

If you have a problem with a team calling a time out and throwing a TD pass when up 32, then call the UIL and beg them for a mercy rule. It's not OUR coach's job to make your boys look better. It's YOUR coach's job. Your ire is misdirected.

I am starting to feel disillusioned. Each week, we watch players line up head-to-head and snarl at each other - scrape and bite and push and hit and pummel and crush. We watch our boys do everything they can within the rules to break the opponents' spirits and hurt them enough to make them submit. They talk s#@t, take their wounds as badges of honor and do their best to make the guy across the line give up and join the band. Then we get on here and whine that the other team was being mean.

If you have a problem with a team calling a time out and throwing a TD pass when up 32, then call the UIL and beg them for a mercy rule. It's not OUR coach's job to make your boys look better. It's YOUR coach's job. Your ire is misdirected.

I've said this before, and i'll say it again:  HJ is just fortunate that they WOS decided to try to pass the ball.  it was already well established they couldn't stop the run.

haha so what if you knocked down 3 guys. If you feel proud about that then something is wrong with you. and for WOS running out to HJ's song. hey when your that good i guess you can do stuff like that.  WOS didn't run up the score they just handed the ball off and still their 3rd string scored on HJ. HJ just has to move on and be prepared for their homecoming next week.

Bravo Bullets!!! Thank you for understanding and being real. Anyone with any sense knows that we weren't trying to show anyone up. The things we did in the 2nd quarter were things we needed to work on. I will also say that, I watched the players shake hands after the game and it did not appear the HJ players had the same attitude their coach had. They represented well and were very good sports.

absolutely, and i'll add this... i'd rather our biggest loss of the season be to a team that goes deep into the playoffs, rather than to a team that loses in the second round of the playoffs because they fail to properly execute the 2 minute drill.

So you spent all week with the HJ coaches?  You were in the film sessions and strategy sessions last weekend?  You were there when the coaches supposedly said "There's no way we can win"?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that physically HJ simply does not match up with WOS.  Anyone who has any clue about football could see what HJ's game plan was.  Use every bit of the clock and keep the ball as long as possible to keep WOS offense off the field.  The same tactic many pro teams use against he Colts and the Patriots.  Bill Belichic could have been coaching and game planning for the Hawks and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. 

Lumberton is actually quite talented this year.  Did you notice that HJ had no one on the offensive line as big as some of WOS receivers?  I guess that is poor game planning and coaching huh?

Just call a spade a spade, calling timeouts to get the ball back, up 32-0 with 1:30 left in the half is senseless.

What goes around comes around.

It hasnt in 30 years 8)

Quit crying and go focus on someone else. You must be the HJ coach. I see now why you let the kids down, NO HEART, JUST EXCUSES!!

point is made but yall dont get yalls feelings hurt when we pound you in basketball by 40 or smoke you in baseball by ten run ruling you but hey no hard feelings good luck this year ::)

point is made but yall dont get yalls feelings hurt when we pound you in basketball by 40 or smoke you in baseball by ten run ruling you but hey no hard feelings good luck this year ::)

:'( :'( :'( :'(      Good God!  Oh yeah, well we'll beat you in this, and beat yall in that...... Listen to yourselves. GET OVER IT

Thats exactly why you took yours in football season, 65-0 is a lot worse than a whooping in basketball, in your defense though it is very embarrasing either way, the only difference is that in a football game there are a lot more people there to see it! Oh and then they replay it on "THE TAILGATE PARTY" good luck in basketball and baseball though !

There is no point to getting on here and complaining about WO-S. It is a fact of life in 21-3A that we are going to have to deal with them. Does that mean you concede the win before the game? NO! Does that mean you complain about the game if you lose? NO! WO-S is blessed with a couple of things most other teams aren’t, a never-ending supply of exceptional talent and Coach Hooks. That combination is lethal. They may kill us in a game, but I take pride in their “bullying†those outside of Orange County and 21-3A. You gotta try to make lemonade out of those lemons!

Its too bad that yall aint going to make it that far in the playoffs but yeah we took our whoopin so i aint cryin for us i know our coaching isnt up to par with the likes of dan hooks but hey all that dancin before the kickoff gotta go

You must be a child. Every time we discredit one of your little childish remarks, you have to try and throw another one. Well, if we arent that good, then yall are even worse than expected. Thankyou and have a good day. Isnt it time for 4th period now? You dont want to be late and go to the principles office.