Who is the best team in the area?

This requires some imagination folks... i want you to tell me who is the best team in the area, not on who would beat who, but on how they stack up against competition in their own classifications ( i know West Brook would beat East Chambers, but you could argue that East Chambers is better in 2a than West Brook is in 5a).  Not sure how clear all that is, but i think you all can figure out what i mean.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert Plant

This requires some imagination folks... i want you to tell me who is the best team in the area, not on who would beat who, but on how they stack up against competition in their own classifications ( i know West Brook would beat East Chambers, but you could argue that East Chambers is better in 2a than West Brook is in 5a).  Not sure how clear all that is, but i think you all can figure out what i mean.

Not sure how to respond. Best team in the area to me means, who would come out on top head to head. The way you're asking is who will go further in the playoffs for each classification. Last year WB went the deepest. They might have the best shot this year. Throw Kelly in there.

I'm hoping there will be some educated posts where people explain why they pick who they do.

WO-S because they have tremendous talent, and a tenacious defense and a great running back that is a threat to score on any play.  Not very many kids in our area that have the skills of DPG, and their defense is 2nd to none (again).

Guest band of brothers

Now Lumberton's an University.  Division 1 or 1-AA??  :P

You guys will be the first ones to complain about all the lumberton threads, and it's kind of funny this is a vidor post, I guess when you are 0&2 and are ready to sell your season tickets aaaaand run your coach out of town, I would expect to be a little bitter... good luck next year!

Guest TravelingBandsman

5A - Beaumont West Brook

4A - Nederland

3A - West Orange-Stark

2A - East Chambers

1A - Evadale

TAPPS - Beaumont Kelly Catholic

Overall - West Orange-Stark

Probably EC or Newton all-around, but the WO-S D is the best overall unit. We're young and growing on offense, so some aspects of our attack are not what they will eventually be - particularly through the air. Our ground game is great and I have no doubt that Hypo and his receivers will come together (already are to a degree). The defense is the best we've had since 2000, and that is saying a LOT.

You guys will be the first ones to complain about all the lumberton threads, and it's kind of funny this is a vidor post, I guess when you are 0&2 and are ready to sell your season tickets aaaaand run your coach out of town, I would expect to be a little bitter... good luck next year!

Relax Brother of the Band, they are just having a little fun.  I mean come on "University of Lumberton" is pretty funny.  Lighten up.

Guest WBFan09

i think WB is because of their all around play...The offense is averaging 5 yards a run and 15 yards every catch

defense has really stepped up since last year

and finally we have SPECIAL TEAMS..definitley helpin us out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin