You know what I like best about.................................................

I hope your line can block because Bellows is going to be on his butt a lot. Ned has no running game and PN-G front 8 can bring the heat. I look for a close game with PN-G pulling out a win.

Our line can block plenty. Y'all can't cover Cardenas and although our running game is not that good, it is still better statistically than y'alls passing game. By the way, I think y'all will have to throw to beat us. And, DJ and Gutierrez have not forgotten what one of y'alls WR's(I'll leave him nameless) said at the gym at the beginning of the year... Something to the tune of "Nederland doesn't have anything this season." I know he's got a bullseye on his chest.

Our varsity doesn't stand a chance just like the "this team has never lost a game since seventh grade" Freshman team right? Oh, guess what, they lost. We will see what happens tonight. It could go either way. I am hoping for us to pull it out. Do to the fact that Nederland has pretty much dominated us the last 10 years I have no ground to talk smack on. So be it. I am just ready for the game to get here.

This game tonight really hinges on two things in my opinion.... Both are in the passing game.

1. How will PN-G defensive secondary fare vs. a pretty good passing attack?

2. Can Nederland slow down the Indians potent running game and force the Indians to throw the ball?

Both of the sub-varsity games were upsets in my opinion. Y'all won the Freshman game 29-27 which avenged a 50-21 loss from earlier this season. We won the JV game 22-21. What do either of these games have to do with tonight??? Not a DARN thing!

This has to do with an overall feeling that Ned is unbeatable. That is fine, what else are ya'll supposed to think? We had Ned posters on the PNG board saying there was no way their Freshman team would lose. Same over here. No way they can lose. Well there is ways. It goes to show last night you have to play the game. Like I said before, Ned has a very good team and it will take a great game from us to win at Ned. Just reminding some of the Ned fans that the game is decided on the field, not in there heads.

I think Neumann has the right perspective:

"Offensively, PN-G can do both things well," said Neumann. "They (the Indians) try to base things on a grind-it-out running game, but they can take their shots passing the ball. Harrison Tatum is an excellent thrower, and he has some good receivers.

"Defensively, they're as sound as a silver dollar. Up front, they have two excellent ends in Burnett and Schexnider, and they're strong in the secondary and they get support from their linebackers. They make you be good to move the ball on them."

Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em  !

This has to do with an overall feeling that Ned is unbeatable. That is fine, what else are ya'll supposed to think? We had Ned posters on the PNG board saying there was no way their Freshman team would lose. Same over here. No way they can lose. Well there is ways. It goes to show last night you have to play the game. Like I said before, Ned has a very good team and it will take a great game from us to win at Ned. Just reminding some of the Ned fans that the game is decided on the field, not in there heads.

Anyone can win in HS on a given night. It looks to me like Indian fans think that PN-G is gonna win and Bulldog fans think that Nederland is gonna win. It's the same way every year. We have a good team this year, but we are in no way unbeatable. I do think we will win this game but I was wrong on both predictions last night. I thought our freshmen would win and our JV would lose. I had it backwards. In football, upsets happen all the time. Stanford beat USC as a 40-point underdog. If those teams played 100 times, Stanford would lose 99 of them. It does not make them better than USC, they were better than USC THAT night. I don't think PN-G winning at Nederland would qualify as a HUGE upset. Nederland goes in as the favorite and must prove it on the field. I think they will.

Youre wrong on that, if you look at the history any time one team wins they usually go on a roll for a couple of years, so yes when Ned loses this year it will qualify as a upset!

Upset, yes. HUGE Upset, NO. I'll still say Nederland by 7-10 pts. And, you are right about the roll. 3 straight and 6 of 7 qualifies. PN-G has won once this millenium. But, who's counting  ;D . In all seriousness though, I think this game shapes up to be a great matchup. I hope both teams play their best, if so the fans will get a really good treat.

Interesting thing is...that last PNG win over Nederland.....happened AT Nederland to a Nederland team that we weren't supposed to beat, lol

MCM...only one place to be found and the day is finally here. So best of luck to our bulldog friends and from my mouth to God's ears please keep all our boys playing tonight safe.

Scalp 'em!

Guest kingme2007

Going to be a good matchup this year.  Looking forward to tonight.  Got my Black and Gold Shirt and my Purple Pride! This games gonna be a winner no matter what the outcome is!

Upset, yes. HUGE Upset, NO. I'll still say Nederland by 7-10 pts. And, you are right about the roll. 3 straight and 6 of 7 qualifies. PN-G has won once this millenium. But, who's counting  ;D . In all seriousness though, I think this game shapes up to be a great matchup. I hope both teams play their best, if so the fans will get a really good treat.

That's the beauty of this rivalry if you think about it. Nederland came into MCM at 0-2 last season. Everyone had written them off for dead after losing to Vidor and getting SMASHED by Central and lo and behold.. We beat the Indians and turned the season around.

This year is different. Both teams are atop the district standings and are very confident. I don't think either team will need to get fired up to give 110% tonight. Most of these guys have been raring to go since last Friday night! I am expecting a great game. I'll be here to say congrats to the Indians if they win and I will be a gracious winner if we win. I can't speak for everyone else though.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124