A Change needed in Vidor

Guest piratefaithful

Guest piratefaithful

when is enough going to be enough in vidor??

why would we not go to a hurry up offense in the 4th qtr??.why would we always run up the middle and then on 3rd down try to pass??

Guest BIG HOUSE

I thought that Vidors kids played hard all night...it was a physical game.....

But for your coaches, they may need more than 4-5plays the rest of the season.

Use the rest of the playbook....Good luck to you guys the rest of the year....

Oh, and at times Lumbertons coaches did a good job of shutting down our offense....

It is not the kids, it is the coachs that need to go. It is time to start over with an AD with a vision and what it takes to get it done.I have never seen players get fired only coachs and his record speaks for itself. Time for a change, please!!

if lumberton can do it so can Vidor. Believe me, at some point an athletic program just has to draw a line in the sand and say we will not take it anymore. Again, look at the "L" Train, someone or something has got the coaches, players, parents and fans on the same page. Example, with 8 seconds left in the Dayton/Lumberton game did Lumberton go for the tie(maybe in years past they would have)but no they did not because that program at some point decided that everything we do from now on will be with a winners mentalitybeit coaching decisions are players sucking it up late in the 4th qtr when the game is on the line. Pirates, pull out your stick.

"Kids win games and Coaches lose games".  I can remember a time when Vidor didn't win a game. I know a person that played for 4 years and never won a football game. I don't know what is going on in Vidor, but I am sure interested in seeing what happens. Good Luck Vidor, I hope you guys can get everything going to right way.

I hate to say this, but Matthews reminds me SO MUCH of former Nederland coach(right before Neumann) Bobby August. Probably one of the most likeable coaches you can ever be around(as long as you are not playing against him lol). A very good motivator with some off the wall antics. And, a guy who kept his job at least 1-2 years longer than most in the same situation would have. Both were guys that supported all sports programs as well as student athletes, but that goes unnoticed sometimes when team continuosly lose and don't make much progress. It sucks sometimes, but all coaches know that the best way to have job security is to win. Unfortunately, Bobby and Jeff did not win much.

I'm not going to call for anyone's job. It's easy to sit in the stands forty feet up and see problems, it's another thing to be on the sideline. These coaches put in long hours and dedication, that most people wouldn't give to their own families. You have up years and down years, and I know the tradition in Vidor is not one to brag about. But take a step back, I know when I was in school, the football team was a joke. I look now and see where we have come in the last several years, it's night and day.

I will agree with some, we do need to change our offensive scheme. The wing-t isn't working. Vidor has the talent just like Nederland, Lumberton, and the rest of the schools, we just need to find the right scheme that works for the talent we have.

So please, stop with the witch hunt!! Players come on the board and read these threads. We don't need to be underminding all their hard work! How would you like it if someone can to your workplace and pointed out all your mistakes. Show some respect and be a true fan!

How many of your jobs depend on the performance of a 15-16yr old kid?

Not to many but when you coach football in southeast Texas people want results. Winning makes everything better and we have not been winning so you know the rest of the story. I dont know if being judgemental of a high school coach is right or wrong but in the end they have to answer to these critics there tax dollars help pay there salaries. JMO

it's only natural, every fan wants their team to do better.

Very true. If people were not complaining then I would be worried because the community would be satisfied with losing. The truth of the matter is that when a coach is hired its to win games. Like it or not thats the way it is.

Not to many but when you coach football in southeast Texas people want results. Winning makes everything better and we have not been winning so you know the rest of the story. I dont know if being judgemental of a high school coach is right or wrong but in the end they have to answer to these critics there tax dollars help pay there salaries. JMO

If a coach can't handle criticism, he needs to find another line of work. It really comes with the territory so he better learn to handle it. College and professional coaches have to answer questions immediately after games, win or lose, and they get grilled. Some make the national news. I believe a high school coach should be able to handle the Saturday morning grumblings on a message board.

I'm not going to call for anyone's job. It's easy to sit in the stands forty feet up and see problems, it's another thing to be on the sideline. These coaches put in long hours and dedication, that most people wouldn't give to their own families. You have up years and down years, and I know the tradition in Vidor is not one to brag about. But take a step back, I know when I was in school, the football team was a joke. I look now and see where we have come in the last several years, it's night and day.

I will agree with some, we do need to change our offensive scheme. The wing-t isn't working. Vidor has the talent just like Nederland, Lumberton, and the rest of the schools, we just need to find the right scheme that works for the talent we have.

So please, stop with the witch hunt!! Players come on the board and read these threads. We don't need to be underminding all their hard work! How would you like it if someone can to your workplace and pointed out all your mistakes. Show some respect and be a true fan!

I agree with some of your points, but the overall point is he has had 9yrs to produce a winning season, 1 Winning season is not a successful program its just that time for us as a community to say enough is enough.

If a coach can't handle criticism, he needs to find another line of work. It really comes with the territory so he better learn to handle it. College and professional coaches have to answer questions immediately after games, win or lose, and they get grilled. Some make the national news. I believe a high school coach should be able to handle the Saturday morning grumblings on a message board.

GOOD POST!

Guest piratefaithful

If L-town can turn things around then so can Vidor..time for a change..I have had kids play for him and before him and enough is enough..I am not questoning his dedication,or his love for the kids but the kids dont even have a chance it seems like.

9 years and no results.we have talent,it needs to be used the right way.

at any level if you dont produce then there are consequences.New asst.coaches or a new head coach take your pick.

Football is just a game. It gives you great teaching tools for later on in life. Let's get real, how many kids do you know who are going to get a full ride to a D1 University then get drafted into the big leauges to play on Sunday? The odds are slim to none.  Fans and sometimes coaches forget that this is just a game. Let's get behind these young men and give support and lend a hand in bettering their lives for the future. Coaches have the ability to mold minds and physical abilities, even more so then anyone else because of the time and dedication they put in to the program and for the fans of their respective communities.

On topic, Coach Matthews is a great motivator and AD for Vidor Athletics. I believe they can make simple changes to their offense to make them more of a threat then what they are. Their motto now seems to be, "Any given day." They have the ability to be a " EVERY DAY" program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124