Kountze This Year

Guest Lions

with this year yes i agree arp will give every team that crosses them a run...but you people keep putting ec out there at the top when they only have one mann that any other team has to worry about and that is Tramain Thomas and that is it so i think ec is in the same bind as kountze...but it is yet to come when they meet up during season and all i can say is JUST BE THERE AND WATCH...

Kountze is always talented and will still be a force this year. I don't see them winning state ,but will go a few rounds in the playoffs. I just don't think they have the experience or leadership. Who's going to step up and be a team leader like a C.J. Busby or Freddie Haynes? I don't think Devin Brey will! However, I could be wrong maybe his attitude has changed... ???

TheChosen1, along with Tramain, EC has Vance McDonald and Donte Raymond, which is a true 3 headed monster.  All 3 are big, strong, physical, and with Raymond and McDonald playing down low, it gives them a inside/outside presence.  They will definetly be the favorite in the district, but that is not to say that Kountze can't beat them.  Once again this year, those 2 district games will be a war, and could end up being 4 match ups before it all said and done like 2 of the last 3 years. 

This basketball district is gonna be closer than the football side.There will be 6 teams capable of beating each other on any given night.Tramain is a monster but EC will miss Guillory and Leday.Thomas makes everyone around him better though so they gotta be the favorite.

They have a soph. (Jacoby Harrington sp????), who got moved up at the end of the season, and should fit in real well with this years team.  There is no doubt, G Leday and P. Guillory will be missed, but just like most great programs, you find a way to continue on without them.

About the district, it isn't going to be near as close as you think.  EC and Kountze will be the class of the district, with Warren coming in a distant 3rd.  After that, good luck finding any team that will compete with the top 2.  Not to shot change any program, but when you talk about those 2 programs, you are talking about 2 of the top 5 programs in the state over the last 3 years. 

Dont forget about kountze and who they have...they have domingo,wilson,jamesky,roman,and devin and williams who is returning back on the team who have all had great experience on the court year round and knows the game and is going to step up and fill shoes in...it might take them a while to step up but i think they would be ready when they meet up with EC...

TheChosen1, You ain't going to get me to argue with you on that one, because I totally agree.  Come mid-January, you bet your paycheck the Lions will be ready for EC.  Every year that series is a WAR, and this year will be no different.  Also, if you know anything about the series, its not always the best or most talented team that wins any given game, its just the team that wants it more on that night.

They have a soph. (Jacoby Harrington sp????), who got moved up at the end of the season, and should fit in real well with this years team.  There is no doubt, G Leday and P. Guillory will be missed, but just like most great programs, you find a way to continue on without them.

About the district, it isn't going to be near as close as you think.  EC and Kountze will be the class of the district, with Warren coming in a distant 3rd.  After that, good luck finding any team that will compete with the top 2.  Not to shot change any program, but when you talk about those 2 programs, you are talking about 2 of the top 5 programs in the state over the last 3 years. 

Gotta disagree about the distant 3rd.The Warren kids played a lot of ball this summer and played some real good competition.They will have a ton of seniors this year and will shoot it as well as anyone in this district.They are going to match up well with EC and Kountze so you may not want to overlook them.Hardin will return Marsh and Nolan that will help them.DVille will be solid if Bland stays healthy and Anahuac has a ton of athletes and a good new coach.Anyone who takes a game in this district for granted may be in for a surprise.

the thing that is dangerous this year for this district and y it is a toss up is because of injuries because lets say god forbid tramaine gets injuried his team around him this year cant pick up the slack like they could have this past year and same for kountze so if eathier team has a injury to one of thier star players come district warren, hardin, and anauac are all good enough to take advantage and give them a district loss. in the past years this wouldnt have happend because ec and kountze had such dominate teams that they could afford somthing like this and still pulled off a victory

Its may be Warren that come in the no. 2 spot this year. that would not be a surprise 2 anyone. ;D ;D ;D

OH! I think it would surprise a great many folks.  Just not those that have been paying attention to what's going on in the district.  The injury point is well made.  Hope no one gets injured but a key injury could upset the whole district.  You have several teams that have key players (such as Marsh,Bland and TT) if they lose one of them it will make a difference.  But, I think we all want the district to be as strong as possible and that means keeping everyone healthy and eligible.  I can't wait to get it started.  Got my popcorn in hand.

I will assure all of you outside of Warren, no school will compete with EC and Kountze.  This is just my opinion so feel free to bash it if you like, but I have heard this "we will compete" talk for the last 3 years and  each year same thing happens.  And I really don't think Warren will hold up under the Kountze pressure and they couldn't handle Tramain last year, so what makes them think they will do it this year, because although they have gotten better, so has Kountze and EC.  And I know this may sound odd without P. Guillory and G. Leday, but this may be EC best team of all, or rather best shot at winning the title. 

About the injuries, if that should happen to Tramain or Devin then all bets are off, but if it should happen to anyone else both teams should be okay. 

BTW, give Ben West and Anahuac 2-3 years and he should have that program rolling.  He will keep them respectable this year, but watch out in the next few seasons, because the guy can flat out coach.

Everybody will agree kountze has a great team,the last 3 years. they will get a good game from NEW WAVERLEY NO.7  KOUNTZE NO.8 at kountze on 11-20-07  KOUNTZE PLAY A  HARD SCHEDULE EVERY YEAR. That why they so good at the end of the year. every good coach dont care about there won lost,  games before there dist  starts. ;D ;D

No doubt Kountze and EC will be good,but better than last year?Kountze has 4 kids playing college ball off last years club so they will be hard pressed to be better.They will be well coached and play hard as will EC and Warren.I don't think anyone handles Tramain,he's going to get his,you just have to take care of the ball and hope someone else doesn't light you up as Preston would do on occasion.Warren and EC usually match up pretty well and have some close games.EC won by 19 last year at home and by 10 at Warren. EC holds a 3-2 advantage in the series over the past 3 years so they would probably have the edge but the gap is not as wide as some folks think.Hardin and DVille will also have big guys who could create some matchup problems if there guards take care of the ball.I may be dead wrong but I think this district is gonna be close and I saw all these teams play last year and alot this summer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami