Lumberton's defense allowing a paltry 5 points per game

I posted this on the other thread but it is more appropriate here.

Going into the game Friday night against the Pirates the Raiders have given up the fewest points (20) among ALL 228 4A schools in the state of texas.  Seven of those were given up by the offense.  Regardless of the schedule that is impressive! 

Source:  texasfootball.com - high school - statewide standings - 4A - sort on Pts against

Fewest Points Allowed Per Game thru Week 4

(among 229 4A programs statewide)

1. San Antonio Edison 5.00

1. Lumberton 5.00

3. El Campo 6.00

3. Dallas Adamson 6.00

5. Houston Davis 6.75

6. Dallas Wilson 6.80

7. San Antonio Southside 7.00

8. Livingston 8.00

9. Austin LBJ 8.20

10. Copperas Cove 8.40

11. El Paso Burges 9.25

12 Dickinson 9.60

13 Highland Park 9.75

14. Brazosport 10.00

15. Port Lavaca Calhoun 10.25

15. Rockwall-Heath 10.25

17. Henderson 10.50

17. El Paso Del Valle 10.50

19. La Marque 11.00

19. Brownwood 11.00

21. Port Neches-Groves 11.25

21. Aledo 11.25

21. El Paso Austin 11.25

24. Midlothian 11.40

25. McKinney North 11.50

25.Lake Dallas 11.50

Yea, I'm impressed. But those other teams that are in Lumberton's company, I want to know who they played in their first 4 games.  I bet it's not 3a teams.  I dont' want yall to think I'm a hater, but I'm not sold on Lumbertons defense against a good offense.  I want to see this against a Nederland or a Central team.

Guest Soccerfan

wow you guys have got to be kidding me. All last week you spoke of how many points dayton was going to score and the Lumberton defense held them to 7 points and won the game...not to mention against the defending district champs. What are they chop lliver??? How can you not be sold yet? Give them their credit they are due. They have played good ball all year, 3a or 4a.

No matter who you play, allowing only 5ppg is very good. I would, however, like to see how many points they would have allowed against Brenham, LaMarque, Bay City, Waller, West Brook, Baytown Lee, WO-S, Friendswood, Memorial... etc... the teams that their district foes are playing. It's comparing apples to oranges right now. So far in points allowed only district should be compared if you wanna compare apples to apples.. In that case..

Lumberton 7 ppg

Nederland 7 ppg

Dayton 8 ppg

Central 13 ppg

LC-M 17 ppg

PN-G 19 ppg

Ozen 21 ppg

Vidor 28 ppg

Guest maverick24

No matter who you play, allowing only 5ppg is very good. I would, however, like to see how many points they would have allowed against Brenham, LaMarque, Bay City, Waller, West Brook, Baytown Lee, WO-S, Friendswood, Memorial... etc... the teams that their district foes are playing. It's comparing apples to oranges right now. So far in points allowed only district should be compared if you wanna compare apples to apples.. In that case..

Lumberton 7 ppg

Nederland 7 ppg

Dayton 8 ppg

Central 13 ppg

LC-M 17 ppg

PN-G 19 ppg

Ozen 21 ppg

Vidor 28 ppg

Man I really thought we were through with the who they played arguement!!! All we heard was Lumberton's weak schedule would not prepare them for Dayton's speed much less the rest of the District. Well The Raiders shot down that arguement in first week of district. 5 ppg is respectable I dont care who you are remember 7 were given up by the off. and the 2nd and 3rd string gave up the 6 at New Caney. Talk about Apples to Oranges you compare Ned giving up 7 to Vidor as the same as Lumberton giving up  7 to Dayton!  Then some of those team you put on your list are not turning out to be as good as predicted when the season started. Just give credit where it is due ANY team giving up less than a TD a game is good on Defense.

Man I really thought we were through with the who they played arguement!!! All we heard was Lumberton's weak schedule would not prepare them for Dayton's speed much less the rest of the District. Well The Raiders shot down that arguement in first week of district. 5 ppg is respectable I dont care who you are remember 7 were given up by the off. and the 2nd and 3rd string gave up the 6 at New Caney. Talk about Apples to Oranges you compare Ned giving up 7 to Vidor as the same as Lumberton giving up  7 to Dayton!  Then some of those team you put on your list are not turning out to be as good as predicted when the season started. Just give credit where it is due ANY team giving up less than a TD a game is good on Defense.

I'm really tired of the "we beat one pretty good injury-plagued 4a team by 1 point so you should also respect our other three wins against weak 3a teams."  Yes, we were surprised that you beat dayton, even with the injuries.  Yes, it's true, most of us outside lumberton still do not think ya'll will make the playoffs.  Yes, it's also true that while we're happy for your big win, we don't think it's quite as impressive as you do.  As district goes on, Lumberton will have a chance to prove that it is worthy of respect.  Ya'll are getting more than you were, but ya'll really haven't done much yet.  One respectable win, three easy wins, and some of you are clamoring for a district championship.  Yes, it is good that ya'll are only allowing 5 points a game.  It'd be more impressive if ya'll were a 3a school, since that's who ya'll been playing.  What do you think the other schools in the district would have done with your schedule?  Not all 4-0's are the same, and the sooner some of you realize that, the sooner you can stop getting your feelings hurt everytime someone rains on your parade.

Ummmm.. I think I did give credit in my very first sentence. I will make a side bet with you though that Vidor will score as much or more on y'all than Dayton did last week. Deal?

I'm really tired of the "we beat one pretty good injury-plagued 4a team by 1 point so you should also respect our other three wins against weak 3a teams."  Yes, we were surprised that you beat dayton, even with the injuries.  Yes, it's true, most of us outside lumberton still do not think ya'll will make the playoffs.  Yes, it's also true that while we're happy for your big win, we don't think it's quite as impressive as you do.  As district goes on, Lumberton will have a chance to prove that it is worthy of respect.  Ya'll are getting more than you were, but ya'll really haven't done much yet.  One respectable win, three easy wins, and some of you are clamoring for a district championship.  Yes, it is good that ya'll are only allowing 5 points a game.  It'd be more impressive if ya'll were a 3a school, since that's who ya'll been playing.  What do you think the other schools in the district would have done with your schedule?  Not all 4-0's are the same, and the sooner some of you realize that, the sooner you can stop getting your feelings hurt everytime someone rains on your parade.

This ones going to get them started again.

Guest BIG HOUSE

you guys r prolly right. the l-town d isnt very good.but i think that dayton scored 28pts against an undefeated friendswood team :o :o :o :o :o

we will just see what we can do in the next couple of weeks.

by the way,watched nederland & vidor on tv. not really impressed... :-*

Guest maverick24

you guys r prolly right. the l-town d isnt very good.but i think that dayton scored 28pts against an undefeated friendswood team :o :o :o :o :o

we will just see what we can do in the next couple of weeks.

by the way,watched nederland & vidor on tv. not really impressed... :-*

BIG HOUSE I agree with you I put on another post a while back that the Raiders could be at 8-0 and everyone else would still have reasons why the teams they beat were not very good.  First we heard the predistrict schedule was soft and would not prepare us for BIG FAST DAYTON and that they would kill us, well when that didn't happen everyone turned on Dayton and started saying they were weak and had injuries. Truth is Dayton is a good team and will win some games and be a factor in District. Ned fans built up their schedule and the win over Brenham and now it shows that they are not as good of a team as projected so look stop the talk of who we beat, we have had one District game and we won it only 4 teams can say that. After Friday we will be 2-0 in District there might only be 2 teams at 2-0, I know after that win it will be said that it was only Vidor. I hope that Central wins this week that way if Ned beats them and then Raiders beat them we won't have to hear how they were not very good they were only 1-1 in District. Good Luck Dayton, Central and LCM

So we have the Raider rooting for us?   ;D ;)

Nederland has been to the playoffs for 11 straight years. I would think that the fans from every team other team would be pulling for anyone that plays the Bulldogs.

That is especially true of the Raiders. I mean, Nederland has gone to the playoffs more within the last year than Lumberton has gone to in their history. Can you blame them for wanting Nederland to lose?

Guest maverick24

So we have the Raider rooting for us?   ;D ;)

Yes would love to see yall and us at 2-0 and everyone watching!!!! Saw the Ned -- Vidor film neither looked as fast as yall are Good Luck!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder