Lindale vs. Argyle 2020 State Championship Game.

piratevillain

Guest ECBucFan
3 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Thats where I am at too. Lindale is an inspiring story. Their fan base is increadible. They are a very likeable team. With that said I just cannot see Lindale making much progress against Argyles D, or, Lindale slowing down Argyles passing attack. 

You "never say never" but it would take Argyle being very overconfident and having their worst game of the year combined with Lindale to playing lights out over their head. Thats not totally impossible, but it is very unlikely for both to happen in the SC. I doubt Todd Rogers would let that happen.    

That opinion, and $1.49, will get you a fountain Coke at the Quick Stop. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hope Jenkins healthy, cause he'll be getting at least 30 carries in this one. 

I hope so too, he looked pretty banged up and in some pain during that last drive of the game against LBJ. Jenkins bbetter get lots of treatment and wrap that ankle well come Friday. It's a pretty much given they're gonna feed him the ball 30+ times especially if they wanna have a chance.

46 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Seen that Argyle's QB has passed for 3,000 yards this season and only thrown 5 INT's this year. Meanwhile, his WR has 3,000 receiving yards as well. Lindale's safety Arik Williams is gonna have his hands full dealing with that duo. 😐

They have the best WR in 4A, dude is serious. Watched him torch PG beginning of the season. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Agreed.   I just hope they can keep it respectable.   Appeared to make good adjustments against LBJ, and the Lindale D played super.  Just hope Jenkins (RB) is 100%.  Still, we can hope for the best.

Bout to finally watch that state semi game. 

13 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Argyle

I’ve watched a few highlight videos on MaxPreps, looking for weaknesses.  Thought I saw one of their student managers drop a water bottle on the sidelines.  Not sure how that’ll help Lindale though.   But Lindale surprised me with their comeback grit against LBJ.   I think they’ll leave it all on the field, but sometimes your “all” just ain’t good enough.  Argyle will have to be very generous to keep Lindale in the game, and only 5 INT’s?   Durn, that’s intimidating.

But there’s one X factor that could help Lindale.   It’s 2020, and in my 75 years, this year has been the absolutely, for sure, this ain’t no 🐂💩, strangest year in my lifetime.