Toby Foreman please Come Home

Guest Sarah Jenkins

I saw nothing wrong with the play calling last night. Our sluggish offense was 100% a result of not executing. The plays were there, the OC can't step on the field and catch the pass for them OR put more air under the ball.

I agree with Gas on this.Matter of fact it's been like this,( bad executing ), for the last four games.Remember,this is a young team and their in a learning mode.Don't expect to see the fireworks the last two teams put up.The distict race is going to be a dog fight to the end.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp, cardfan...couldn't agree with you more.

The sad thing about the parent in the stands at the seventh grade game is that she had just came off of the field dedicating the game/season to Eddie Ray (the little Stallion who passed away about two weeks ago) and then she started mouthing.  

It's gotten ridiculous.  Most of the Mustang-faithful would welcome some changes, but what really just tees me off is that the same people HARPING on this issue...aren't willing/able to become coaches.  I will admit that are some questionable calls (in my opinion) that I have been none to happy about, but make your comment and leave it alone.  

Toby will rarely even read these boards...because of most of the bashing (is that better) that keeps being reitterated and gone on about.  

WO-S fared well the other night.  Everyone keeps saying...7 points this and blah, blah, blah.  As I recall, WO-S is a second half team.  You know...someone the other night made the statement that this team didn't look like one that would progress in the playoffs because of all of the TEAM's MISTAKES and asked me if I agreed (or something to that nature).  My response was that this team is not allowed to take much for granted because they are forced to bust their butts each week and scratch and claw for the WIN.  That can be a very good thing.  The mistakes will lessen as the season progresses.  The Mustangs will be fine.

While Coach T is a major part of the coaching staff, stop downplaying the importance of the rest of them.  Yes, Coach T is awesome and is exactly what our football program needs as a constant, but you have many other good coaches who deserve a little credit.  And that is coming from someone who adores the Foremans.

Mighty Mustangs...GO, FIGHT WIN!!!

When is all the bashing going to stop.  I was at the 7th grafe WOS game Thurday night and a parent / fan was yelling from the stands about how stupid the coach was for calling a play she did not just yell it one time but over and over.  A few plays later when they had a good play she failed to tell the coach what a good job he had done.  This is very disrespectful to the coaches kids and fans.  What are people expecting out of these KIDS.  It is hard for the kids to respect the coaches when you have fans yelling such negitive things.  For any school if you wanna be the coach get off you butt go to school and become the coach until then shut your mouth and give a little respect where respect is due.

Don't try to make it sound like that is at WOS only. I've been to games all over this area and it has happened at all of them. It is not good regardless of where you are, but don't try to make it sound like it's a WOS (only) problem.

Whelp, cardfan...couldn't agree with you more.

The sad thing about the parent in the stands at the seventh grade game is that she had just came off of the field dedicating the game/season to Eddie Ray (the little Stallion who passed away about two weeks ago) and then she started mouthing.  

It's gotten ridiculous.  Most of the Mustang-faithful would welcome some changes, but what really just tees me off is that the same people HARPING on this issue...aren't willing/able to become coaches.  I will admit that are some questionable calls (in my opinion) that I have been none to happy about, but make your comment and leave it alone.  

Toby will rarely even read these boards...because of most of the bashing (is that better) that keeps being reitterated and gone on about.  

WO-S fared well the other night.  Everyone keeps saying...7 points this and blah, blah, blah.  As I recall, WO-S is a second half team.  You know...someone the other night made the statement that this team didn't look like one that would progress in the playoffs because of all of the TEAM's MISTAKES and asked me if I agreed (or something to that nature).  My response was that this team is not allowed to take much for granted because they are forced to bust their butts each week and scratch and claw for the WIN.  That can be a very good thing.  The mistakes will lessen as the season progresses.  The Mustangs will be fine.

While Coach T is a major part of the coaching staff, stop downplaying the importance of the rest of them.  Yes, Coach T is awesome and is exactly what our football program needs as a constant, but you have many other good coaches who deserve a little credit.  And that is coming from someone who adores the Foremans.

Mighty Mustangs...GO, FIGHT WIN!!!

Good post Dawn!! I agree completely. We have all scratched our head a time or 2 over the play calling, but if you must say something, say it and let it go. Everyone gets frustrated, but harbouring all of this and repeatedly blowing up the boards over it is doing nothing but undermining what the ENTIRE coaching staff is trying to do.

Friday night was a classic case of a young offense not executing. With a young team, sometimes you will take one step forward and two steps back. It doesn't mean squat that we only had 7 points at the half. It's a 4 quarter game and we scored 34. That's all that matters. This team will keep getting better and hopefully, will hit their peak at the right time. I also agree w/ S4L that it's good for teams (especially young ones) to struggle.

Guest John Tyler Lions Of 06

I know Mark and Toby like the back of my hand. Those two leaving hurt, no doubt. If Toby returns not only will that young man be happy but also alot of Orange County Fans.

JTL 06

Hey Cardfan...I know that you were not trying to say that this is a WO-S problem.  It is certainly disheartening to hear parents/fans in the stands continously yelling the same negative comments to a coach as he is standing with his players.  Surprising, most of these parents/fans who insist on vocalizing their negative comments at games are the same parents who could actually gain some skills from attending parenting classes on how THEY can teach their own kids...discipline.  I think that Gas is just so used to people bashing WO-S... ;)  :o

Guest Kelly Football

I know Mark and Toby like the back of my hand. Those two leaving hurt, no doubt. If Toby returns not only will that young man be happy but also alot of Orange County Fans.

JTL 06

Yea Toby they want you back. 8) ;)

Hey Cardfan...I know that you were not trying to say that this is a WO-S problem.  It is certainly disheartening to hear parents/fans in the stands continously yelling the same negative comments to a coach as he is standing with his players.  Surprising, most of these parents/fans who insist on vocalizing their negative comments at games are the same parents who could actually gain some skills from attending parenting classes on how THEY can teach their own kids...discipline.  I think that Gas is just so used to people bashing WO-S... ;)  :o

If the parents dont at least act like they respect the coaches in front of thier kids the kids will not respect the coach either which makes for problems.  ps you must have a license to hunt, fish and drive but anybody can have a kid, go figure?

NOBODY got "run out of town" at WOS.  Those who can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.  Those who can't hang with discipline, rules, and the best interest of the players, shouldn't be coaching anywhere, especially at WOS.  You need to go look in the mirror, Joey, and face the reality of what you are saying.  You are going to be angry and unhappy the rest of your life until you embrace the truth.  You either ned to get over it or get out of the profession.  It's eatin' you up, man...

This is a funny topic if you think about it. Every sport team, from junior pee wee football to girls jr. high volleyball, will always have someone bashing the coach because they think they can do a better job. Even if the team is successful. And 99.9% of the time, the people complaining don't know squat about the sport they are complaining about. To a real coach, it's actually amusing.

This is a funny topic if you think about it. Every sport team, from junior pee wee football to girls jr. high volleyball, will always have someone bashing the coach because they think they can do a better job. Even if the team is successful. And 99.9% of the time, the people complaining don't know squat about the sport they are complaining about. To a real coach, it's actually amusing.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What is any of this acomplishing?? Can we please stop all this trash. Are any of you that are bashing people on this board realizing yall are looking like idiots? It is very easy to hide behind a screen name isnt it. I am not trying to call anyone out here, but would you be saying this if people knew who you are? Why cant we just enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT that these kids give us. Why not take pride in our school. It is very special to have been able to play for WOS. People know who we are. Lets not give them a bad impression of what type of fans we are. I noticed over the past few years that our attendance has declined at the games. When I played (late 90's) it was so hard to find a seat. It seemed like every game was packed at 5:30. Before pre-game even. Everyone has blamed the lack of attendance on enrollment. I see something different now. Has anyone blamed the drop on the negative fans? The last thing I want is to go to a game for ENTERTAINMENT, and hear cussing and yelling at the coaches/players. This ruins the experience. I think all the good fans got tired of the crap from the bad ones. One of my family members has had the same seats at DRH stadium for 30 years now. 30 YEARS. Thats from West Orange Chiefs to WOS Mustangs. He has made the comment of being tired of all the negativity. He says its not as fun as it used to be. Trust me, he has seen all of it. There is something missing, and I dont think it is an OC, its PRIDE. We have lost it. We are more worried about downsizing a man that gives his all for kids instead of supporting our team through ups and downs. I was and always will be a Mustang. I am PROUD to be a Mustang. I support anyone who will ever strap on that silver hat. Isnt it time for some of you to get that PRIDE back?

TCT C/O '99

I will definately agree with you kicker.  I would love to see Toby or Mark come back as much as anybody, but this topic is going nowhere.  Mustang85 you need to be hugged more or something, you have got some serious issues.  I do understand that you are an ex-mustang, that goes to everygame, and I do know who you are, but please try to support our team.  Your quarterbacking days are over, please try to let it go.