Lumberton@Vidor

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Vidor shows up with some pride, Vidor has got to get over when they make a mistake to let down. The Livingston game and Nederland game they were in until they made a mistake. They have a lot of talent and can win if they just realize how good they could be.

Vidor's run D looked okay against Ned. Their pass D, well that's another story. With that being said, Vidor is always a much better team at the Boneyard and I will be rooting for them this week. They need to get a little more creative on offense though to compete with Lumberton in my opinion. I think the game vs. Lumberton will be closer than their past two games against Livingston and Nederland though.

vidor wins if...they can stop our three backs or our defense is flat, sorry I can't see it!

If Lumberton's defense is flat Lumerton win's by less than 10pt.

Vidor will not make that change ( it's to easy) we like the hard way.

Roman has no one to throw to. It's going to be a lone year for him.

But put him at wr he will light up like a star and so will the score board.

I have been thinking of an ironic twist in this game for about a week now. Remember last year when Vidor beat Nederland in the closing seconds in dramatic fashion?? They were hyped all week and everyone took notice. They travelled to Lumberton the next week to face a team that had been drubbed 55-7 and EVERYONE picked Vidor to win. Lumberton won the game and Vidor was never the same. Stranger things have happened. Fast forward a year later. Lumberton is coming off one of their best wins ever... in dramatic fashion... in the clsoing seconds...  Vidor got blasted last week and everyone is down on them.. Lumberton fans are sky high... All the pieces are in place for Vidor to inflict some MAJOR payback... Will it happen?

quote author=raidernation link=topic=25251.msg242209#msg242209 date=1191474592]

Going into the game Friday night against the Pirates the Raiders have given up the fewest points (20) among ALL 228 4A schools in the state of texas.  Seven of those were given up by the offense.  Regardless of the schedule that is impressive! 

Holding Dayton to 7 points, is far more impressive than your entire preseason stats.[

Guest maverick24

I have been thinking of an ironic twist in this game for about a week now. Remember last year when Vidor beat Nederland in the closing seconds in dramatic fashion?? They were hyped all week and everyone took notice. They travelled to Lumberton the next week to face a team that had been drubbed 55-7 and EVERYONE picked Vidor to win. Lumberton won the game and Vidor was never the same. Stranger things have happened. Fast forward a year later. Lumberton is coming off one of their best wins ever... in dramatic fashion... in the clsoing seconds...  Vidor got blasted last week and everyone is down on them.. Lumberton fans are sky high... All the pieces are in place for Vidor to inflict some MAJOR payback... Will it happen?

I wouldnt say Vidor got Blasted last week. Ned. scored twice on balls tipped my defenders, I agree a year ago Lumberton did get blasted , 55-7 is much Dif. than Vidor vs Ned last week  Major Dif. is Lumberton is a better team than Vidor!

Guest band of brothers

don't confuse the players with the fans, you have alot of people who have their heads in the clouds and there is nothing wrong with that, but I can guarantee you the players are going to play with the same intensity that they played with dayton,I think there is alot of people who would love to think that the team has lost focus and is sitting in the locker room talking about the big victory last friday, go ahead and believe it if you want because I'm telling you they will be ready to play!

Guest maverick24

don't confuse the players with the fans, you have alot of people who have their heads in the clouds and there is nothing wrong with that, but I can guarantee you the players are going to play with the same intensity that they played with dayton,I think there is alot of people who would love to think that the team has lost focus and is sitting in the locker room talking about the big victory last friday, go ahead and believe it if you want because I'm telling you they will be ready to play!

Love the post and you are right, when you look in the eyes of players like Howden, 49, 7, 17, 24, 3, 2 you see the fire there Coach C has the players heads on right they know this is not a easy game Vidor will fight to the end! Good Luck To everyone!

I wouldnt say Vidor got Blasted last week. Ned. scored twice on balls tipped my defenders, I agree a year ago Lumberton did get blasted , 55-7 is much Dif. than Vidor vs Ned last week  Major Dif. is Lumberton is a better team than Vidor!

So I guess a 3 touchdown loss is not getting blasted?

Oh, and only one td pass was tipped.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty