Baytown Lee 28 Beaumont United 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

That Martin kid was a pleasant surprise and I like it.  Added some much needed energy to the offense.  Just to think.  He’s just a sophomore.  If it turns out that this kid helps out offense to get going (it’s been stagnant for the past few weeks), then I’m looking at the coaches as far as how was this kid not getting reps all season...  and Thomas is an athlete.  He’ll probably add a great punch in the Running game as a RB with Comeaux and Hawkins.  

BU defense did hold strong in the second half, but I’m not a fan of the bend don’t break defense.  That’s how the Lee RB ran for all those yards.  That and 5,000 broken tackles.  I don’t like to call out kids, but that United D-Linemen with the roughing the passer penalty really hurt.  Kid’s first game back after being out since the scrimmage for a similar incident.  If it were me, that kid probably won’t touch the field again this year.  

Overall, we missed a golden opportunity to take control of second place and get that bike playoff game and avoid the monsters in that other district.  But ohh well.  Improve, get better for the next game and be prepared.  Baby steps.  Realistically, one of our goals has been reached. Making the playoffs, first time in school history.  Let’s set another milestone and try to win that first playoff game.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That Martin kid was a pleasant surprise and I like it.  Added some much needed energy to the offense.  Just to think.  He’s just a sophomore.  If it turns out that this kid helps out offense to get going (it’s been stagnant for the past few weeks), then I’m looking at the coaches as far as how was this kid not getting reps all season...  and Thomas is an athlete.  He’ll probably add a great punch in the Running game as a RB with Comeaux and Hawkins.  

BU defense did hold strong in the second half, but I’m not a fan of the bend don’t break defense.  That’s how the Lee RB ran for all those yards.  That and 5,000 broken tackles.  I don’t like to call out kids, but that United D-Linemen with the roughing the passer penalty really hurt.  Kid’s first game back after being out since the scrimmage for a similar incident.  If it were me, that kid probably won’t touch the field again this year.  

Overall, we missed a golden opportunity to take control of second place and get that bike playoff game and avoid the monsters in that other district.  But ohh well.  Improve, get better for the next game and be prepared.  Baby steps.  Realistically, one of our goals has been reached. Making the playoffs, first time in school history.  Let’s set another milestone and try to win that first playoff game.  

Wasn't roughing the passer. Just a point blank personal foul for throwing the RB. 

8 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

He was trying to come back in but the trainers held him out.  By that time, the team and fans had rallied behind Martin...

No disrespect to Thomas, but Martin should have been the QB from the beginning. All you have to do is watch the two kids practice and its crystal clear that one is an athlete and the other is a QB.