Former Local Coach In Trouble

KFDM COOP

not making something funny out of this but.......

"Chilton Independent School District superintendent Benny Bobo said after the 2004 sentencing that the district did not penalize Gamble. Bobo could not be reached Monday."

I would think if someone by the name of Benny Bobo was my superintendent and was yelling at me...and I was saying "but Mr. Bobo, but Mr. Bobo"  I couldn't keep a straight face.

Kinda like the Principle scene in "Porkeys" ;D ;D

Alright, gentlemen (mostly). Let's use our heads. He's plead guilty before in a domestic violence case. So, he has a history. Then he's arrested TWICE -- TWICE??? -- in one weekend.

It's irrelevant who he is, what his coaching accomplishments/tenures are or have been, or how 'nice a guy' he is. He needs some help. You know, my 9 and 5 yr old have become very familiar with "time out" lately because they keep misbehaving in the same manner. Maybe Lucky needs a little time out, himself.

Guest ECBucFan

Well, if I had mentioned DUI then your response might make some sense. I said there was no such law in Texas as Possession of a Deadly Weapon. I will overlook that fact that there is no DUI in Texas either but assume that the reporter meant DWI.

DUI....DWI.... You are trying to argue semantics. Won't work.

I'll say again: Drunk AND packin' heat is a BAAAAD combo. Especially when he already plead guilty for domesticic violence AND was arrested twice in a weekend. Anyone thinking he is a choirboy is beyond gullible. The facts speak. His record speaks. This is not some kind of police conspiracy.  ::)

they never won a state championship with him as the coach thier first was last year.

You can take a team to a State Championship game, and not win state.

Anyway, I agree with most folks that Lucky has a Big problem and hope he can work it out.With that said, no one said you had to be a good person all the time to be a GREAT high school football coach. He is currently # 14 on the all time Texas High school football records list With 267 wins 69 losses and 5 ties,and he is only 57 years old,thats quite an accomplishment. And as for the DEADLY WEAPON he was carrying when he was arrested, it was a pick ax handle in the back of his truck!

And as for the DEADLY WEAPON he was carrying when he was arrested, it was a pick ax handle in the back of his truck!

Ah yes, the deadly stick. Everyone knows that is against the law.

Surely that can't be true. Tell me the cops didn't charge him for an axe handle in his truck. Next they will be arresting women with broomsticks.

Gamble's luck has finally run out. He's been in and out trouble throughout his coaching stops. I hope he gets it together as  this has become all to familiar. I ask a traveling sports salesman as a young coach what are two things that I should watch for as a young coach. He told me more coaches have been ruined by the bottle than any other thing he knows of, and of course, stay away from the girls.

Guest WeedBegone

Alright, gentlemen (mostly). Let's use our heads. He's plead guilty before in a domestic violence case. So, he has a history. Then he's arrested TWICE -- TWICE??? -- in one weekend.

It's irrelevant who he is, what his coaching accomplishments/tenures are or have been, or how 'nice a guy' he is. He needs some help. You know, my 9 and 5 yr old have become very familiar with "time out" lately because they keep misbehaving in the same manner. Maybe Lucky needs a little time out, himself.

Ok guys, i know that Lucky has been around and has been an influence on many, but that does not qualify one as a GOOD GUY.  Pleading guilty to choking your wife in a bath-tub tends dis-qualify this.  I suggest that while it is ok to pray and be concerned for the guy -- we should also be equally concerned for those who lie in his destructive path-way. 

Besides--it appears the Texas prison system is soon to inherit lots of football talent--so why not let him coach there? 

Ok guys, i know that Lucky has been around and has been an influence on many, but that does not qualify one as a GOOD GUY.  Pleading guilty to choking your wife in a bath-tub tends dis-qualify this.  I suggest that while it is ok to pray and be concerned for the guy -- we should also be equally concerned for those who lie in his destructive path-way. 

Besides--it appears the Texas prison system is soon to inherit lots of football talent--so why not let him coach there? 

"...let him coach there..." Now, THAT'S funny! My reference to the time out was a reference to prison. I might should have been a little more clear about that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476