How long will Dan Hooks continue to coach?

BearWolf

Same reason he left WOS....better job at the time.

There are very few programs in the state and CERTAINLY NONE in this area that could lure B. Norton away from Texas High.  Norton has "top of the line" facilities, athletes, the backing of the whole city, and apparently an open check book from the school board. Norton may move on to coach somewhere else...but it will probably be an NCAA job when he does. 

Guest LCM Volleyball

As long as Cornel Thompson is there they will not start a downward trend. When he leaves then it will. Friend of mine said neither are going anywhere anytime soon because of the talent load coming up.

Guest kingme2007

I think Hooks should leave WOS with a few years still left in him, and he should get the HC job at Lamar University.  How kick a$$ would that be.  With a good coach like him, the program would be off to a good start. 

From what I've heard, every year it's "a few more" because he sees the talent load rising up to the HS level. When he's gone, if Coach T is still there, we'll be fine. I don't think predicting a "downward trend" makes any sense, since there's no telling who will come up or step in to the position. I can think of a few current or former WO-S coaches who could keep the tradition alive. I think outsiders would be surprised how much T has to do with our success.

The 7th and 8th grade teams are nothing to frown at either.  It will be a sad day when Coach Hooks retires (which I hope will not be until 2013), but he has not created this dynasty alone.  He is only as good as his weakest person and there have been plenty of strong ones to come and go and perhaps come back.  WO-S will mourn him (after 2013 of course), but with someone like Coach T to take the reigns...Mustang football should be a force to be reckoned with for some time to come. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell