*La-Marque 6 Pearland 3 Final/Comments*

Guest ndn09

I watched all 4 boring quarters of this ugly game.  No offense on either side and a ton of penalties.  LM and Pearland are both down from last year.  Both teams had good speed on defense, which had something to do with the score, however neither team passed the ball enough to see what they had.  Lamarque had a 3 point lead and 4 minutes to go in the game and for no good reason threw a hell mary pass 50 yards down field and had it picked off.  Pearland could not do anything with the opportunity and lost the game. 

Again, no real treat watching this one.  I think Nederland would beat LaMarque if they meet in the playoffs. 

Yeah your running back at LM is very good.  I went and watched the PNG and LM game.  I have to give some respect and credit to PNG, they played you guys tough.  I think if PNG had gone back to the bread and butter and run behind their big center and guards they prob would have scored.  The spread for PNG didnt pan out as much as they wanted I guess.  But take it for you guys,  a win is a win !!!!  Good job LM !!!  I hope to get the chance to go watch you guys play again this year. 

Seems like it was a defensive game. But it by no means give anyone a since of how any other team would match up. Remember, defense wins Championships. I'd rather play a offensive team, with a mediocre to average defense, than a strong defensive team with a potential offense. I did see potential in LM's offense.

trust me,the game was a very good game. just because it was no long bombs thrown,doesn't mean it wasn't a good game. alot of long runs and good screens were thrown. the game went by pretty quick. it was over by 9:15 ish. pearland kept the ball moving. also what some of these mc folk still don't realize is lamarque have moved some players around since that first game. remember mr. pouncy??? the rb nederland didn't see??? well mr. alvin taylor,a db like pouncy,have moved to the rb spot and looks good there. i wish...no,i hope the mutts make it to the playoffs just to meet lm and get the snot kicked outta them. oh wait,they would claim a moral victory for making the playoffs and facing what they would then call a GREAT lamarque team. should change the name from bulldgs to crawfish!!!

Dont' say that name in my presence...thank you... :o :o ;D ;D.  I love these types of games.  These were the games that you saw when Suggs was a Central.  your 3-0 's, 21-10 's and  your 8-21 's.  Fans that understand football can appreciate these types of games.  In other words, Leave the kids and Wives at home!  lol.  'this game is boring.  Take me home, Dad!'

you can say that again

Dont' say that name in my presence...thank you... :o :o ;D ;D.  I love these types of games.   These were the games that you saw when Suggs was a Central.  your 3-0 's, 21-10 's and  your 8-21 's.  Fans that understand football can appreciate these types of games.  In other words, Leave the kids and Wives at home!  lol.  'this game is boring.  Take me home, Dad!'

Scoring summary

LAM -- Denroy Vanhorn 28-yard field goal, 6:17, 2nd.

PEA -- Robbie Hersh 22-yard field goal, 1:47, 2nd.

LAM -- Denroy Vanhorn 21-yard field goal, :19, 3rd.

Game Notables and Highlights

Denroy Vanhorn's leg was all La Marque needed. He kicked two field goals.

Both teams' defenses stood fast, not allowing each other offence to reach the end

Team Stats

Pearland            La Marque

Total yards                        170                    226

First downs                          12                      10

Rushes/Yds                        36/139              32/148

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder