Toughest Place To Play?

KFDM COOP

This guy never played ball for Nederland or anybody else thats A fact. I wonder how he knows anything??????????????????????.

For whoever said something about arrogance, lol arrogance!? lol, I think not. What I said is true and I never said Nederland was a tough place to play in, I simply said that PNG and Vidor are not and WOS is and why.

oldog71

You have no idea where I have been and who I have seen play fool.

lol, not that it really matters,, because whether or not we played or not and how good or bad we were 24 years ago is totally and completely irrelevant here, much less does playing experience validate our knowledge of the game,,, but your clueless assumption is incorrect. I did play football in Nederland, but only from the time I was 5 years old through 10th grade. I played football in and for Nederland my whole growing up, I was not great but I did ok. I played youth flag football from the time I was 5 or 6 until I was about 10 or so. Then I played lineman and defensive back for the Mars' and Westbrooks on the Junior League Broncos in Nederland. Then in junior high I played defensive line for Coach Lynch and CO Wilson,  then into my 10th grade year at NHS where I was a Bulldog for just a little while and then I quit. I quit and pursued choir in high school by which I received a full scholarship to Lamar which I threw away like a dummy, but lucked out and landed the job of a lifetime despite me blowing an opportunity at a free college degree. Now that you know my lifes story,,, lol ;) That my friend, is all 100% fact. Go look it up I dare you..

BTW, if you are who I think you are... you are not at all from Nederland and are an ex band geek posing as an ex football star wanna be..  ::)

Back on the original subject,  not that it matters but we are not talking about places that are tough to play from a players perspective, but from OUR perspective as inhabitants of this board. Or was it ever really specified?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arrogance!? lol, I think not. What I said is true and I never said Nederland was a tough place to play in, I simply said that PNG and Vidor are not and WOS is and why. You have no idea where I have been and who I have seen play fool.

lol, not that it really matters,, because whether or not we played or not and how good or bad we were 24 years ago is totally and completely irrelevant here, much less does playing experience validate our knowledge of the game,,, but your clueless assumption is incorrect. I did play football in Nederland, but only from the time I was 5 years old through 10th grade. I played football in and for Nederland my whole growing up, I was not great but I did ok. I played youth flag football from the time I was 5 or 6 until I was about 10 or so. Then I played lineman and defensive back for the Mars' and Westbrooks on the Junior League Broncos in Nederland. Then in junior high I played defensive line for Coach Lynch and CO Wilson,  then into my 10th grade year at NHS where I quit. I quit and pursued choir in high school by which I received a full scholarship to Lamar which I threw away like a dummy, but lucked out and landed the job of a lifetime despite me blowing an opportunity at a free college degree. Now that you know my lifes story,,, lol ;)

Back on the original subject,  not that it matters but we are not talking about places that are tough to play from a players perspective, but from OUR perspective as inhabitants of this board.

BTW, I know who you are..  ::)

you saying you quit football in 10th grade and joined the choir pretty much explains some of your posts.How do you know Vidor,and PNG arent hard places to play.

All you played was in Junior High.

you couldnt hack it so you quit and joined the choir..I heard Vidor was a hard place to sing a solo!!!

really piratefan, how interesting that my childhood football experience or lack thereof defines and explains my posts on this fan site bulletin board 22 years later at 40 years old.. You guys are really showing your wit I tell ya. Oh, by the way, I could hack it but I had to make a choice if I wanted to get serious about what I was really good at(music) and that was not football. I definitely made the right choice.

I bet you are a really brilliant and fascinating person to be around. We should meet.

really piratefan, how interesting that my childhood football experience or lack thereof defines and explains my posts on this fan site bulletin board 22 years later at 40 years old.. You guys are really showing your wit I tell ya. Oh, by the way, I could hack it but I had to make a choice if I wanted to get serious about what I was really good at(music) and that was not football. I definitely made the right choice.

I bet you are a really brilliant and fascinating person to be around. We should meet.

No I dont like to meet quitters

PNG is an easy place to play and we are their arch rival. Vidor too,,  as are most all the other schools we face. Honestly to me there is little very little intimidation in Port Neches and none in Vidor. When we go to PNG all I see is a bunch of pomp,, overdone pride, self proclaimed greatness and pride ridden tradition that is nothing but blah blah blah to me. Where all they care about is the bottom line, win or die.. (sorry my PNG friends, a couple of more weeks and it will all be over again till next year :P)

In Vidor nothing else matters but beating Nederland, just ask them and they will tell you. I have heard 1000 times, I dont care if we lose EVERY game, as long as we beat the Bulldogs. It does make me proud to be a Bulldog though, I love having that sort of respect that it means so much if you can find a way to beat our boys just 1 time your entire existence is made whole and complete.

To me intimidating would be SLC, LaMarque, Stepenville and even WOS.. Going into a stadium where the home teams players that grace the field,, those that your players are about to have to face, are the continuing part of a LOOOONG line of consistant performance and commitment to excellence. A team like WOS where there roster of actual players totals about 20 and they still find a way to out last a team that is 3 deep at every position and they still come out with the W. Where its not just about winning but its about perfection. Perfection that just so happens to result in winning. Where winning is not the purpose, its just the end result and its an inevitable matter of fact for the program and those who support it. THAT is what is intimidating.

Honestly Mike East, PNG is not an easy place to play.  If you had ever played at the reservation you would know that.  Self proclaimed greatness?  Remind me how many state titles the bulldogs have played for...Oh yea that is right ZERO!  Your "recent" bulldog sucess has gone to your head.  You know there is a reason they actually play the game, don't count your W yet.  What's wrong with wanting to win any way?  You say we want to win or die, but that is not true.  Our fans do understand there is more to it than just winning, that's why we keep packing the stands.  How bout it choir boy?

Honestly Mike East, PNG is not an easy place to play.  If you had ever played at the reservation you would know that.  Self proclaimed greatness?  Remind me how many state titles the bulldogs have played for...Oh yea that is right ZERO!  Your "recent" bulldog sucess has gone to your head.  You know there is a reason they actually play the game, don't count your W yet.  What's wrong with wanting to win any way?  You say we want to win or die, but that is not true.  Our fans do understand there is more to it than just winning, that's why we keep packing the stands.  How bout it choir boy?

hehehe, thats better... NOW its starting to feel like MCM  ;D

oldog71

You have no idea where I have been and who I have seen play fool

You make alot of coments on this board and on big ned but for the most part you are wrong all the time. Also you hurt my feelings when you called me A fool I thought we where freinds.

lol, Yeah I am wrong all the time, every once in a while I am right so what? At least I put myself out there and get the discussion going, that is what makes it fun.

I never proclaim to be right all the time. Just like everyone else I have an opinion,,, So do, and so are you. If we were always right we would be coaching in the NFL making millions huh? This is just a fan site to talk s.. , well you know. Its just for fun.  And as far as I have been concerned we have always been and will always be friends, how good of friends is up to you. But as you know friends play rough sometimes, thats part of the fun. ;D

Hull Dasetia there field sucks

Ha ha. They got voted one of the nicest fields in the state about 8-10 years ago. Some of our school bad seeds spelled out HD sucks on the field with fertilizer. It killed the grass, then grew back greener than the rest of the field. This was a retaliation for them doing do-nuts on ours before our homecoming.

Has anyone ever played at Singletary Stadium? The Fans are into it and Oh Yeah, The Eagles always ready to Welcome the Visitors.

that eerie fog sometimes there, i didnt like that very much, every game i went to there it was always foggy on the field a lil bit.

We've done very well recently at the Reservation.

I have to agree with Scrubs. What makes a place intimidating is not the atmosphere, the tradition, the crowd, the mental lock in your mind that tells you "winning will be harder here." No.

The most intimidating things are crowd signs (especially the horrifying D and a FENCE) and empty propane tanks filled with ball bearings - painted faces and chests and team-colored clown wigs. Those are the things that make a player look at their surroundings and say, "How can we possibly win here?"

And sarcasm. That also helps.

Dude there freon tanks, come on get it right. And D Fense is fun so yeah.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami