Toughest Place To Play?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG is an easy place to play and we are their arch rival. Vidor too,,  as are most all the other schools we face. Honestly to me there is little very little intimidation in Port Neches and none in Vidor. When we go to PNG all I see is a bunch of pomp,, overdone pride, self proclaimed greatness and pride ridden tradition that is nothing but blah blah blah to me. Where all they care about is the bottom line, win or die.. (sorry my PNG friends, a couple of more weeks and it will all be over again till next year :P)

In Vidor nothing else matters but beating Nederland, just ask them and they will tell you. I have heard 1000 times, I dont care if we lose EVERY game, as long as we beat the Bulldogs. It does make me proud to be a Bulldog though, I love having that sort of respect that it means so much if you can find a way to beat our boys just 1 time your entire existence is made whole and complete.

To me intimidating would be SLC, LaMarque, Stepenville and even WOS.. Going into a stadium where the home teams players that grace the field,, those that your players are about to have to face, are the continuing part of a LOOOONG line of consistant performance and commitment to excellence. A team like WOS where there roster of actual players totals about 20 and they still find a way to out last a team that is 3 deep at every position and they still come out with the W. Where its not just about winning but its about perfection. Perfection that just so happens to result in winning. Where winning is not the purpose, its just the end result and its an inevitable matter of fact for the program and those who support it. THAT is what is intimidating.

PNG is an easy place to play and we are their arch rival. Vidor too,,  as are most all the other schools we face. Honestly to me there is little very little intimidation in Port Neches and none in Vidor. When we go to PNG all I see is a bunch of pomp,, overdone pride, self proclaimed greatness and pride ridden tradition that is nothing but blah blah blah to me. Where all they care about is the bottom line, win or die.. (sorry my PNG friends, a couple of more weeks and it will all be over again till next year :P)

In Vidor nothing else matters but beating Nederland, just ask them and they will tell you. I have heard 1000 times, I dont care if we lose EVERY game, as long as we beat the Bulldogs. It does make me proud to be a Bulldog though, I love having that sort of respect that it means so much if you can find a way to beat our boys just 1 time your entire existence is made whole and complete.

To me intimidating would be SLC, LaMarque, Stepenville and even WOS.. Going into a stadium where the home teams players that grace the field,, those that your players are about to have to face, are the continuing part of a LOOOONG line of consistant performance and commitment to excellence. A team like WOS where there roster of actual players totals about 20 and they still find a way to out last a team that is 3 deep at every position and they still come out with the W. Where its not just about winning but its about perfection. Perfection that just so happens to result in winning. Where winning is not the purpose, its just the end result and its an inevitable matter of fact for the program and those who support it. THAT is what is intimidating.

You must have been either the ball boy or trainer for WOS in high school. Have you ever been to a Stephenville game before or you going off of when we played them for STATE while your bulldogs were still licking thier wounds from a defeat. (Sorry Bulldog fans) This isn't about what TEAM is toughest, the thread is the toughest PLACE. You have nothing to back your answer with and  just looking for something to bash PNG. We can make you the ball boy for us just ask. In fact, we would let you dress up like an Indian if you want to ;D

Guest maverick24

Wow talk about unearned arrogance!!! I agree it is the toughest place to play not the team.  Have never thought NED. was a tough place to play but agree PNG is a tough place to play.

I agree

We've done very well recently at the Reservation.

I have to agree with Scrubs. What makes a place intimidating is not the atmosphere, the tradition, the crowd, the mental lock in your mind that tells you "winning will be harder here." No.

The most intimidating things are crowd signs (especially the horrifying D and a FENCE) and empty propane tanks filled with ball bearings - painted faces and chests and team-colored clown wigs. Those are the things that make a player look at their surroundings and say, "How can we possibly win here?"

And sarcasm. That also helps.

We've done very well recently at the Reservation.

I have to agree with Scrubs. What makes a place intimidating is not the atmosphere, the tradition, the crowd, the mental lock in your mind that tells you "winning will be harder here." No.

The most intimidating things are crowd signs (especially the horrifying D and a FENCE) and empty propane tanks filled with ball bearings - painted faces and chests and team-colored clown wigs. Those are the things that make a player look at their surroundings and say, "How can we possibly win here?"

And sarcasm. That also helps.

:D :D

The Reservation is a fairly tough place to play...it's gotten a little more calm in recent history.

"In the day" Beaumont Hebert was an extremly intimidating place to visit.  Once the opening kickoff was in the air the stands started rockin' and just about everybody on that side had an air horn.

Wow talk about unearned arrogance!!! I agree it is the toughest place to play not the team.  Have never thought NED. was a tough place to play but agree PNG is a tough place to play.

I guess if you are already down 55-12 its not too intimidating.

Ned had a 20 game home winning streak until '03 where they had two losses. (LM, PNG)

Since then, in the last 4 years we have two losses at home. (WOS, Central).

So basically 4 home losses in 8 years.

I am from Nederland I played ball in Nederland my freinds played ball in Nederland also my kids played ball in Nederland. This guy never played ball for Nederland or anybody else thats A fact. I wonder how he knows anything??????????????????????.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124