**Dayton 22 Nacogdoches 6 Final**

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was hard to watch cody go down like that and then sit there hurting on the sidelines.

Offensively, we really struggled throwing the ball. We had like 6 dropped passed while Cody was in and he overthrew 3 or 4. I don't know if it was the moisture or what, but we didn't have trouble catching the 5 interceptions?? AJ did a fantastic job coming in and leading the team. I hope Cody is ok....IMO our passing attack needs him. AJ is a great playmaker, but the offense is better off with aj AND cody on the field....when we catch the ball and are a little more accurate. Hopefully we'll get to play in some dry weather soon.

Dayton's defense is for real...

The pass Nacogdoches scored on was well covered, just a good throw and catch on a post route.  AJ came in and has more speed the Cody.  He was able to get around the corner on the QB sweeps and that loosened up the defense.  He also had 2 huge pass receptions.  The first for the TD then the second was a post route down the other sideline.  You could say the MVP for Dayton was the opposing QB.  He threw 5 passes to us with one of them ending up as a TD.  I am working on the video now.  Will put a thread up when I get them done.  I have some AWEsome highlights that will be worth the view.

ps....

CONGRATS TO THE RAIDERS!!!

A HUGE WAY TO START THE SEASON!!!

Would be neat to see them get a play off spot this year.

What a great win!!!

Just got finished editing the video...

The defense played better than I first thought.

I got all 5 interceptions on the video!!!

The incterception ran back for a TD is AWEsome!

The offense didn't skip a beat when AJ went into QB.

The videos are uploading now.

I will make a new thread when I get them posted!

Will be a great game in Dayton this Friday!

Can't wait for the Angleton game!!!

Should be a dandy!!!

Houston Chronicle Stats

1    2    3    4     OT     Total

Dayton           0     0    7   15     0        22

Nacogdoches   0     6    0    0      0        6

Scoring summary

NAC -- Justin McAninch 29-yard pass to Carlos Downey. PAT Failed 2 Pt Run ( ), 08:26, 2nd.

DAY -- A.J. Dugat 43-yard pass to Ronnie Powell. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 02:12, 3rd.

DAY -- Paul Fontenot 43-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 01:47, 4th.

DAY -- A.J. Dugat 15-yard run. PAT 2 Pt Run ( Ford Smesny ), 00:45, 4th.

Team Stats

Dayton                        Nacogdoches

Total yards                                203                                152

First downs                                 11                                  9

Rushes/Yds                              42/121                            30/82

Average rush                             2.88                                2.73

Comp/Atts                                 5/18                               8/24

Pass yards                                   82                                  70

Comp pct                                  27.78                              33.33

Punts                                          7                                   6

Punting Yards                              247                                204

Punting Average                          35.29                               34

Fumbles/Lost                               2/1                                 0/0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami