San Francisco reporter details 'disaster' of city's 'hotels for homeless' program: 'It is pandemonium'

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Thousands of 

people have been 
 in 
’s empty hotels in an effort to slow the spread of 

However, City Journal contributor Erica Sandberg told "

" on Wednesday the policy has been an "absolute disaster,"

"It's solving exactly nothing and as a matter of fact, it's making all the problems worse," said Sandberg, who described the scene inside the hotels as "about as bad as you can imagine, only exponentially worse."

"You are talking drug-fueled parties, overdoses, deaths, people are being assaulted. You have sexual assaults going on, it is pandemonium," she said. "It is extremely bad and it needs to stop."

The only thing worse than a problem created by liberals is the solution they come up with.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

They need to throw more money at it. 

When they started this program, I wondered who was going to pick up the tab for repairs when they finally get tossed out.  

My guess is that anyplace that has been housing homeless for four months will need a remodel, if not demolished.  Typically the room's occupant would be responsible for damages, but they're broke.  Would it fall back to the city, or would the hotel/motel insurance be on the hook?  

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When they started this program, I wondered who was going to pick up the tab for repairs when they finally get tossed out.  

My guess is that anyplace that has been housing homeless for four months will need a remodel, if not demolished.  Typically the room's occupant would be responsible for damages, but they're broke.  Would it fall back to the city, or would the hotel/motel insurance be on the hook?  

I bet we have to foot the bill. I bet the Federal Government bails them out. 

1 minute ago, NetCat said:

I bet we have to foot the bill. I bet the Federal Government bails them out. 

I read the article... the city promised the hotels that FEMA would step in.  The contracted rate is $200/night per room. I don't know if they still have 5000 rooms rented.... but 5000 rooms at $200/night is a smooth milly per day for four months now. 

I’d like to make a point here. I have said before that if someone is really down on their luck and trying to climb out of homelessness, then i would like to see them helped along by society. After reading this article it has done nothing but reinforce by beliefs that these people are homeless by choice. This was a dumb idea from the getgo, but for society to at least attempt to house these people while protecting them from spreading and contracting Covid, and to see what you get in return, is why it is difficult for me to pity them. It is so obvious why they are homeless.