North Shore/De La Salle Game Cancelled

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Maybe some folks need to get off their political highhorse and talk sports in a sports forum and speak that political bs off the site period. Site name is SETXsports right? 

I don’t think it’s a political topic. Not for me anyway. It’s about a sporting event being cancelled due to CV-19. A cancellation that may spawn more cancellations of sporting events among other things. Actually very fitting for a site called SETXSPORTS, I think. And if we don’t get a handle on this issue, they may have to change the name of this site to “Remember SETXSPORTS?” .

This is a sports sociology topic.  Yes, it is. Thus, it is political.  Like it or not, when the leading sports sociology text in America promotes Marxism on its 3rd page, all sport topics can turn political. Shut up and go elsewhere is a wonderful tool of the left.  That is exactly what is being done here in asking(or telling) me or others to take it to the political forum. 

If politics and sports don't intersect now, someone please tell ESPN.  

29 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

This is a sports sociology topic.  Yes, it is. Thus, it is political.  Like it or not, when the leading sports sociology text in America promotes Marxism on its 3rd page, all sport topics can turn political. Shut up and go elsewhere is a wonderful tool of the left.  That is exactly what is being done here in asking(or telling) me or others to take it to the political forum. 

Well said!

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

These games were cancelled because of financial reason. The company putting on the game could not financially take the chance that there would not be attendance or sponsorship for the games, or that they might be cancelled at the last minute after numerous man hours and financial commitments had been made.

Sure. Financial reasons from the effects of COVID-19. Otherwise, this game would've 100% been played.

7 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Your right it’s a sports sociology topic. That really all we have right now because there’s not much sports going on. And politics has always seemed to make its way into sports discussion every now and then. Me my self I don’t mind discussing sociology and world views but I don’t respect “political talk”. People who do a lot of political talk usually don’t use their own brain. They let their political party do all the thinking for them. I have my own opinion on different issues and I don’t mind other people having theirs. But it is verry foolish to use terms like “fake virus” concerning covid 19 and I’d rather not do the “left and right” talk