24-1a

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will miss Tanner, but I still pick them second.I saw WH and Spurger play 3 times last year and the only thing I saw give Whittacre problems was Tomlinson and foul trouble.Is Hashaw the kid who wore the goggles ?WH biggest problem will be getting the ball down the floor.If Tyler has to do that by himself his scoring will suffer.WH vs Spurger was a 1 point game last year at Spurger and pretty close at WH until Whittacre got in foul trouble.From what I saw this summer Spurger gets the #2 spot.

The game at WH was close until Whitacre got in foul trouble,the game at the Spurger tourney was a real close game.If Hashaw is the kid that wears the goggles he doesn't want to match up with Whitacre in the paint.Don't mean to down any of WH'S post players but Whitacre wins that battle.

Teams will probably try to press WH and force Copeland to ball handle. I do think Hashaw will be improved and he was good last year. Some of the guys that will be playing guards will have to step and be able to help. Not be stars just protect and move the ball. WH will have support and Westfall will make sure they are giving it their very best. Good ball movement and execution of good game plans will keep them very competitive. Should be quick and good on D. Big as well for 1A. Copeland around 6'3"?, Hashaw looks allof 6'4", Laird 6'2"?. Good guesses I think. These three are strong and can move as well.

Good luck after the football playoffs guys! 

Here is what I see from Spurger this year.Whittaker (Phillip) is going to be the focus of the O.  Little Whittaker about a half inch taller,plays bigger than his size and has a little more skills than Wittaker #1.  He just has to get adjusted to the V.  Spurger has three players that play the wing pos.  Fast and shoot very well.  1 soph. 2 seniors, all played on the Varisty last year.  One of the seniors we did not see much of last year because of attitude problems.  He did not play any district games.  4 guards will split the load.  2 freshmen 2 JR.  All can run the off, but I would not be surprised if one of the freshmen gets more of the load by the time district comes around. In my mind he is that talented.  This is just my thoughts on how its going play out for this team. Should have good team D. also.  Good luck to all teams in this district!!!!

• 3 months later...

First off I am going to start off with WH cuz sorry evadale, high island and sabine pass fans but unless something drastic happens I personally dont see it happening for ya'll  :-\. WH will finish 4th in 24 1a due to the world renown fact that Letsinger is gone and sadly enough copeland is not able to or mature enough to carry the team as letsinger did and for anything to happen for WH that is what he is going to have to do. 3rd place will go to Spurger, simply because they are not athletic at all aside from the post they have and he really isnt the "athletic" type, and they dont have what it takes which is fundalmentals to offset the lack of athleticism. 2nd will go to HD because if you watched any 24 1a basketball last year you would agree with me in saying that HD has an abundance of athleticism, and that is what kept them in the mix last year. Spurger would be able to contend with HD if they had any fundamentals about them whatsoever, Spurger will have to rely on their ability to be scrappy players and capitalize on opponents mistakes. Back to HD, all they lost last year was the big man and he will not be hard to replace since all he could do was rebound, and take up space in the lane. Last but certainly not least we have BS, the winners of 24 1a. With three of their starting five back, and though they lost 6 seniors only two started and two consitently came off the bench, as well as a ton of potential from the district champion JV team last year to back them up, no one until regionals possibly will be able to contend with this team. Expect great coaching as usual from Coach Kevin Foster, where discipline and fundamentals will reign supreme. BS has the quickness, court awareness and sense, and they just flat out know how to play the game and WIN! Enough said....

Still think the 1st, 2nd, 3rd spot goes like this, 2qwik?

BS is definitely the team to beat but Spurger is gonna surprise some folks.Whittacre is a very good player and his brother even though a freshman will help.Some of these young guns for Spurger are pretty atheletic plus they have a good coach over there.Look for them and HD to split home and away(nobody hardly beats either team at home)and playoff for the second seed.

This 9-24-07 post seems to be a pretty true one, indeed!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami