WHO IS THE CULPRIT?

Evidently most of us(youth and adults) see the continuing same-people barrage of propaganda saying that this one teams' players must give THAT SB team TOP PRIORITY above other sports, mainly at their respective HSs.

The unintentional culprits are those who have said this in most all their post from the beginning of this blitz of promotion.

It appears that maybe you were wanting--"Too much sugar for a dime".

I would hate to see good young HS girls placed in the following two type predicaments if they tried to play both; HS commitments and a demanding SB Coach.----here are the two scenarios--

1 The travel SB Coach says, "You need to be on the bus Friday at 4:30 pm for a Tournament starting at 7:30 in San Antonio Saturday. '  Likewise, the HS Volleyball Coach says, "NO! that's the same night we start district play and I need you as a spiker!."

2. The travel SB Coach makes the same demand of a HS Cheerleader "Be on the Bus!"  Likewise, the Cheerleader Sponsor says, "Hey! this is Homecoming we need you as a catcher when we throw Amy up a dozen times that night.  We count on you for your strength and we know you don't want to see Amy get hurt-if we had to sub someone for you."

Evidently their were just not enough girls that wanted to handle the pressure of this "quagmire" of two demanding authorative figures "stressing" these youth out who are torn between two groups with impossible demands for the same time-frames.

Looks to me you will have to play with a watered down group from this area and/or sub in Houston 5A girls.

I am not sure how this will all play out but it appears to me the tactics used just prior to and during  the AFA Tournament may have de-stablized the whole 18 & U area SB participation(and totally discouraged a number of good girls)-- as long-term teams have even been disbanded.  Most girls it appears, even great D-1 potential girls, would rather play with their friends in a less stressful atmosphere: and in the off season continue other select programs and just hope that if they get a scholarship offer- if it is because they are exceptional players.

Please try not to read any malaice into this observance. I have helped with sports development of all kinds for decades and am just making observations!

Guest lawdog

Evidently most of us(youth and adults) see the continuing same-people barrage of propaganda saying that this one teams' players must give THAT SB team TOP PRIORITY above other sports, mainly at their respective HSs.

The unintentional culprits are those who have said this in most all their post from the beginning of this blitz of promotion.

It appears that maybe you were wanting--"Too much sugar for a dime".

I would hate to see good young HS girls placed in the following two type predicaments if they tried to play both; HS commitments and a demanding SB Coach.----here are the two scenarios--

1 The travel SB Coach says, "You need to be on the bus Friday at 4:30 pm for a Tournament starting at 7:30 in San Antonio Saturday. '  Likewise, the HS Volleyball Coach says, "NO! that's the same night we start district play and I need you as a spiker!."

2. The travel SB Coach makes the same demand of a HS Cheerleader "Be on the Bus!"  Likewise, the Cheerleader Sponsor says, "Hey! this is Homecoming we need you as a catcher when we throw Amy up a dozen times that night.  We count on you for your strength and we know you don't want to see Amy get hurt-if we had to sub someone for you."

Evidently their were just not enough girls that wanted to handle the pressure of this "quagmire" of two demanding authorative figures "stressing" these youth out who are torn between two groups with impossible demands for the same time-frames.

Looks to me you will have to play with a watered down group from this area and/or sub in Houston 5A girls.

I am not sure how this will all play out but it appears to me the tactics used just prior to and during  the AFA Tournament may have de-stablized the whole 18 & U area SB participation(and totally discouraged a number of good girls)-- as long-term teams have even been disbanded.  Most girls it appears, even great D-1 potential girls, would rather play with their friends in a less stressful atmosphere: and in the off season continue other select programs and just hope that if they get a scholarship offer- if it is because they are exceptional players.

Please try not to read any malaice into this observance. I have helped with sports developed of all kinds for decades and am just making observations!

SO TRUE East Tx.  We as parents and coaches think it is so easy.  We forget about the pressure of these kids having to make a decision this hard.  Pressure causes burn out more than anything else.  They are still only kids and have the rest of their life to deal with pressue.  Sometimes I feel that we are trying to make them grow up too soon.

Funny you should bring this back up. I just off the phone with Ken Delcambre, Head Softball Coach AND Athletic Director, from Galveston College. I spoke with Ken about the debate going on here in the GT. I ask him to give me HIS opinion of the senerio, being the HEAD softball coach,and also the AD! Ken said he would try to be here HIMSELF (his assistant may come) Saturday to share with any and all who are interested in his take on the subject!

I think ALOT of you will be very surprised as what he will have to say from a college Softball Coach AND Atheltic Director perspective!

I could paraphrase our conversation, however, I don't want any of you to think I've added, or left out any part to support my opinion. I feel everyone would be better served if you could hear it yourself!

Hopefully some of you that are interested in a little exposure, and words of wisdom from a little higher up will join us this weekend!

School ball should come first. If you know you can not give 100% to your school team for the entire season, then don't play. Same thing if they decided to play only league ball.  We should teach the athletes today that if they want to play a sport, a TEAM sport, then you should give 100% to the team. Instead, we teach them that its o.k. to play some for this team and then miss practices or games for another team. Where does the concept of team come in. What if your starting pitcher played only half the time on your team and then missed half the time for another team. How would that make you as a member of each team feel.

I totally agree. My daughter has been on teams, although still in league ball back then, where we have had to FORFEIT, or play short,  because some girls left in the middle of a tournament to play basketball. Same problem where they have left basketball to play softball. Parents tried to be fair and miss games equally between sports, but that is still not fair to the girls that play on either team!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics