755!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I'll be the first person on here to say congratulations. I like the guy and don't hold him accountable for anything. Proven until guilty in this country and he deserves that same respect. I am a person who likes to see records broken in my lifetime and this is an opportunity for me to see it. Congrats Bonds and I am waiting to watch him break it now.

Bonds matches Aaron's home run record with hit off former Lamar player

By: The Enterprise

08/05/2007

Updated 08/05/2007 12:35:10 AM CDT

Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly

San Diego starting pitcher Clay Hensley has spent time this season on the disabled list, in the minor leagues and in the bullpen.

Now the former Lamar University pitcher will spend the rest of his life as the answer to a trivia question.

At 9:29 p.m. on Saturday night, Henlsey's fourth pitch to San Francisco's Barry Bonds became became part of baseball history, as the Giants' slugger hit No. 755 to catch Hank Aaron and tie baseball's all-time home run record.

Hensley pitched the 2002 season for Lamar,helping the Cardinals to the Southland Conference Tournament Championship.

He was reunited with Lamar coach Jim Gilligan last week when the Padres visited Houston.

Now, he will be forever be linked to Bonds and his controversial pursuit of history.

While Bonds has been shadowed by suspicions of steroid use for several years, which some fans feel has tainted his chase for Hank Aaron's home run record, Hensley got caught when he was in the minor leagues.

In April 2005, Hensley was one of four Padres farmhands who were suspended for 15 games for using performance-enhancing substances.

Barry Bonds couldn't hold Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron's jock strap.

They're all doing it, so that makes it OK....great philosophy.

He's never tested positive, that means he's clean....how naive.

Like Olgabe said, people want to see a record broken in their lifetime, so they are willing to look the other way from his obvious steroid usage, just to fulfill their dream of it happening while they are around to see it. Pathetic.

Like Olgabe said, people want to see a record broken in their lifetime, so they are willing to look the other way from his obvious steroid usage, just to fulfill their dream of it happening while they are around to see it. Pathetic.

Ya'll act like the juice in the needle picked up a bat and swung for the fences against a 90 mph fastball! Oh wait yeah I forgot that the 2 teaspoons hit that 755 th homerun. Man for years everybody talked about the great Bambino and Hank Aaron, nothing against them but look, just like everything else times are changin, a new era, face it the record is gonna be broken. Ya'll act like Hank Aaron ought to be the only one to hold the record, COME ON!!!!!!!! Records are made to be broken!! Ya'll need to let go and let time pass. I agree, he probally wont hold it for long but dang, give him the props he deserves. Oh wait let me guess, everybody that ridicules him can take a shot in the a** and go out in the Major Leagues and hit 755 homeruns right?  I didnt think so!!!!!!!  :P  Kinda like sayin if Michael Jordan took steroids, the steroids made the ball go in the basket huh!!!! Yeah it gave him a little more strength to get the ball up a little higher to go in the basket, whatever! Its about speed, gettin around on the ball, turnin your wrist over, and swingin thru. Wait before you all say it let me, NO, it didnt flow thru his body and pinpoint the wrists and say lets go straight to the wrist and bat speed cause he's a baseball player- he'll hit more homeruns if we do !!!!!!!!! Ya'll wake up and tell yourselves that Barry Bonds has just as much talent as Hank Aaron to hit a baseball. What if Hank played now? Could he hang?

That has got to be the silliest post I have ever read. No one has ever said that steroids can take dorks, who can't even play, and turn them into record-breaking HR hitters. Of course this is the angle (talking in extremes) I expect from anyone who would back a cheater. As for the needle in the rear, how can anyone do that and still say they weren't aware of what the substance was?

Bonds is a HR hitter in his own right, but steroids took baseballs that would have fallen for easy fly-outs, and turned them into HRs. They also gave him the stamina to play long enough to even compete for the record. Hid body is paying for it already. I don't remember Aaron missing games because he was "tired". Aaron also didn't have to take a year off so his body could adjust to the withdrawals.

I am not just picking on Bonds either. I say take away any records that were established by steroid users and cheaters. Look what happened to Ben Johnson. He was stripped of a gold medal. Lance Armstrong would have met the same fate had he tested positive.

It is unbelievable to me that people know that someone is cheating to get where they are, and yet still sing their praises.

Oh my.....Let me make sure I understand your logic, So if youve never tested positive for drugs(like barry hasnt) we should assume that youre a drug user and not clean? That is by far the most ridiculous comment on any post in the history of this wbsite. If you test negative then it means at the time youre clean, PERIOD!!!!!

When you mention Ruth keep in mind theres been alot of things change over the years when it comes to baseball. Ruth was never allowed to bat against black pitchers, so he holds the affirmative action homerun record. The mound is higher these days, different balls,different stadiums,etc,etc.  The comparison between now and then is hard to make.

Ty Cobb sharpened his spikes so that when he would steal a base he would go into the fielder spikes high so they wouldnt tag him.... Should we put an * by his stats? This discussion could go on for a long time with MANY different players and MANY different ways of cheating.

Nice spin genius. What a ridiculous twist of words. I'm saying you know he's guilty, but he has supposedly tested negative. That's being naive. Were you there when he took the tests? I guess only players cheat? Ownership never sweeps things under the proverbial rug, huh? Testing facilities can't be bought off? Trainers can't be silenced? (Oops, one already has) I have a stinking feeling that a federal grand jury will have some fun with this one day. Go ahead and root for pumpkinhead. Let's see how much he shrinks after it is all over.

I never said I liked Ty Cobb either. His sharpened spikes got him several stolen base records, but his batting titles and other records were phenomenal. He didn't know what a steroid was. If he and Ruth had done steroids, we wouldn't even be mentioning Bond's name.

As for Ruth?....Everyone always uses the same excuse for Babe Ruth--He faced inferior pitching. Everyone else in baseball faced the same pitching when he played, yet in 1927 he hit 60 Homeruns--more than every team in baseball except 1. This would be equal to Bonds hitting 215 homeruns in 2001--more than any team but 1. Aaron had 12,300 At bats and Bonds 9,730. Babe had 8,399. Given the same number of AB as Aaron he would have well over a 1000 HR and nobody would be having this conversation----- Do I need to mention he was 94-46 as a pitcher with a career 2.2 ERA. Bonds is great and Aaron was slightly below him but Neither deserve to be mentioned in same sentence with Ruth. Bonds has 1331 more at bats---due to the fact Ruth pitched for several years and played fewer games per year-- Give Ruth the extra at bats and he hits an additional 113 HR giving him 827. Please dont talk about stolen bases--you could train a dog to steal bases. Did Barry have over 29 scoreless innings on the mound in the World Series. Before you bring up the walks, Bonds has 477 more walks than the Babe. The way Bonds has been going 0-fer lately, I can't assume that had he been pitched to that he would have gotten HRs. There has never been and never will be the equal to the BABE.

I don't think anything I have said comes close to being ridiculous.

Nice spin genius. What a ridiculous twist of words. I'm saying you know he's guilty, but he has supposedly tested negative. That's being naive. Were you there when he took the tests? I guess only players cheat? Ownership never sweeps things under the proverbial rug, huh? Testing facilities can't be bought off? Trainers can't be silenced? (Oops, one already has) I have a stinking feeling that a federal grand jury will have some fun with this one day. Go ahead and root for pumpkinhead. Let's see how much he shrinks after it is all over.

I never said I liked Ty Cobb either. His sharpened spikes got him several stolen base records, but his batting titles and other records were phenomenal. He didn't know what a steroid was. If he and Ruth had done steroids, we wouldn't even be mentioning Bond's name.

As for Ruth?....Everyone always uses the same excuse for Babe Ruth--He faced inferior pitching. Everyone else in baseball faced the same pitching when he played, yet in 1927 he hit 60 Homeruns--more than every team in baseball except 1. This would be equal to Bonds hitting 215 homeruns in 2001--more than any team but 1. Aaron had 12,300 At bats and Bonds 9,730. Babe had 8,399. Given the same number of AB as Aaron he would have well over a 1000 HR and nobody would be having this conversation----- Do I need to mention he was 94-46 as a pitcher with a career 2.2 ERA. Bonds is great and Aaron was slightly below him but Neither deserve to be mentioned in same sentence with Ruth. Bonds has 1331 more at bats---due to the fact Ruth pitched for several years and played fewer games per year-- Give Ruth the extra at bats and he hits an additional 113 HR giving him 827. Please dont talk about stolen bases--you could train a dog to steal bases. Did Barry have over 29 scoreless innings on the mound in the World Series. Before you bring up the walks, Bonds has 477 more walks than the Babe. The way Bonds has been going 0-fer lately, I can't assume that had he been pitched to that he would have gotten HRs. There has never been and never will be the equal to the BABE.

I don't think anything I have said comes close to being ridiculous.

Were YOU there when he was tested????

No spin sir just repeating what you said. Lke I said theres been alot change in baseball from then to now.

I will disagree with the idiotic statement about teaching a dog to steal a base, are you serious? Youve out done yourself with absurd,idiotic statements, that one took the cake!!!!Have you ever actually played baseball? If so have you ever had the opportunity to steal a base? Or are you just a stat rat???? Im going with the later because anyone who has ever played ,managed,or coached knows how hard it is to steal a base.

It's sarcasm at its finest. Grow up. I can always tell when someone is losing an argument, the "idiotic" references keep getting thicker. You skipped over all the stats and dwell on one sentence out of the entire post....the only thing you could see to shoot down, and it was tongue-in-cheek. I did a lot of research to come up with those numbers. Although I'm not a stat rat, as you put it, numbers is what baseball is all about, isn't it? Well there they are.

Please enlighten me as to why Bonds' "personal" trainer is sitting in the hoosegow.

As for my playing days, I played 'till I was 12, made All-Stars, played center field and pitched. Was lead-off batter and batted .305. I quit playing when I was 13 to throw a paper route and help out with family bills. My dad died when I was 15 and I never took up the sport again. Anything else you'd like to know about my playing days?

I dont think she was losing the arguement I think she was stating facts as well. Im curious though and like she said how can you compare the two or three players? You had alot of stats from VERY different ERAS but you also had ALOT of "what ifs" and "buts." I think the only way would be able to make a fair comparison is if the games,positions played,at bats, and era was all the same. Plus bonds was never a pitcher yet thats another stat you throw out there.

you looked over a few questions, did you ever play,coach, or manage anything with the exception of little league? I take great offense to your STUPID A$$,IGNORANT comments about basestealing.This shows all you are is a stat rat and have never done anything but force your opinion and then if thats not enough you accuse the other side of losing the arguement when you have nothing else to spew. You my friend either need to grow or put on a uni and try to steal a base yourself, but I think we both know that wont happen. :-*

As for my playing days, I played 'till I was 12, made All-Stars, played center field and pitched. Was lead-off batter and batted .305. I quit playing when I was 13 to throw a paper route and help out with family bills. My dad died when I was 15 and I never took up the sport again. Anything else you'd like to know about my playing days?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa