Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I don’t know much about that situation. But from what I hear HJ may have one transfer playing on the team. Just because you get a transfer does not mean you’ve been actively recruiting. But when you get multiple transfers that definitely raises a red flag. 4 or 5 transfers is definitely worth a conversation and since we’ve been having the conversation the people who call themselves defending these recruiters haven’t really claimed they’re not recruiting. In fact they have said things like “this coach has been knowing these players for years” and “they’d rather play for this coach than anyone else” which sounds like recruitment to me lol. Then they try to defend it by saying other coaches have done it also which verry well may be true but if so it’s done on a smaller scale and less obvious. That’s why those situations don’t get discussed much. They’re normal and may be innocent transfers. Even if they aren’t they’re less obvious 

I see you’re the type of person  that likes to move the goal post .. 

14 minutes ago, Mamba said:

All this unnecessary typing back & forth because one team got smashed and now ppl are all in their feelings,over some basketball a sad world we live in!!!!

Let’s see,:

Over the past 30 years, HJ has won 3 state titles, I believe. 8-10 Regional Tourneys, Numerous playoff games, as well as lots of district titles  

This year:

1) HJ ties for 1st in their district 

2) Teams 1-4 in the same district win round 1 of the playoffs  

3) Then lose by 50 points in the 2nd round  to Yates  

Question:

1) How can one deny Yates’s recruiting? 
2) Who wants to watch a 50 point blow out in the playoffs? 
3) For the Yates kids moving on and playing at the next level, does anyone think this prepares them for that? 

Those remaining silent are doing a disservice to these young men. 

4 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Let’s see,:

Over the past 30 years, HJ has won 3 state titles, I believe. 8-10 Regional Tourneys, Numerous playoff games, as well as lots of district titles  

This year:

1) HJ ties for 1st in their district 

2) Teams 1-4 in the same district win round 1 of the playoffs  

3) Then lose by 50 points in the 2nd round  to Yates  

Question:

1) How can one deny Yates’s recruiting? 
2) Who wants to watch a 50 point blow out in the playoffs? 
3) For the Yates kids moving on and playing at the next level, does anyone think this prepares them for that? 

Those remaining silent are doing a disservice to these young men. 

I expect that type of response when you have none ... just ramble on about some accolades then try throw another team under the bus in the process!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I mean you don’t have a dog in the hunt either so why are you and Abe wasting space !!!

1.  You haven't the slightest idea whether or not I have a dog in the hunt

2..You don't care nor have the energy to deal with  the topic but you are terribly concerned about wasted space on an internet site.  The logic gets better and better.

"People were asking me [before a fight], 'What’s going to happen?,' " Tyson said. "They were talking about his style. 'He's going to give you a lot of lateral movement. He's going to move, he's going to  dance. He's going to do this, do that.' I said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit. Then, like a rat, they stop in fear and freeze.' "

The Great Mike Tyson

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

1.  You haven't the slightest idea whether or not I have a dog in the hunt

2..You don't care nor have the energy to deal with  the topic but you are terribly concerned about wasted space on an internet site.  The logic gets better and better.

Hey man I understand But me clarify what I meant I dont have the energy to get on a site cry for 25 pages about a team I clearly had no chance of beating even if they didn’t have those recruits .  

6 minutes ago, Mamba said:

"People were asking me [before a fight], 'What’s going to happen?,' " Tyson said. "They were talking about his style. 'He's going to give you a lot of lateral movement. He's going to move, he's going to  dance. He's going to do this, do that.' I said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit. Then, like a rat, they stop in fear and freeze.' "

The Great Mike Tyson

What does this have to do with the topic? Lol 

1 minute ago, Mamba said:

Hey man I understand But me clarify what I meant I dont have the energy to get on a site cry for 25 pages about a team I clearly had no chance of beating even if they didn’t have those recruits .  

And yet your are still posting about it.  Your posting activity suggests you have plenty of energy.

4 minutes ago, Magic Johnson said:

Is this Clay Davis, If so I apologize for pointing out your recruitment process...If you can win with just H.J kids you will gain my respect....

Why apologize to someone you believe is conducting himself inappropriately.? If you truly believe your own allegations,  I think you ought to file a complaint with his school district and let the chips fall where they may.

23 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I expect that type of response when you have none ... just ramble on about some accolades then try throw another team under the bus in the process!!!!

That wasn’t my point at all! If you read it again, you will see that I ‘threw nobody under the bus’. 
But of course you are incapable of comprehending such simple conversation, apparently.