what is the longest FG you have seen in hi school

PNG kicker kicked a 49 yard field goal in the state championship game against Stephenville a few years ago in the Astrodome. I think his name is Jay Price and I believe he went to Baylor. I have not heard anything else about him. I don't know if he went to the NFL or even tried to. He was a good kid. My wife taught him when he was in middle school in Port Neches.

The "longest" field goal in Southeast Texas history?

The one Wally Whisenant kicked in 1982 to beat Kirbyville and end Kountze's then-nationally longest losing streak.

Wally is now a successful businessman in Beaumont, a former Kountze school board member and STILL the guy who kicked the field goal to end the streak.

I was a freshman in Kirbyville in 1982. Dark days.

Seems that's when Kirbyville changed coaches and got Larry Grissom to serve as head coach the next several seasons.

It might not have been the longest kick as far as measurable distance, but it sure does live in the history books in Kountze ... and sadly, in Kirbyville!

I was at the Kirbyville/Kountze game that night coaching the red and black. It was a great game, Larry was already the head coach, and the most exciting part was the kick off after the field goal, in which Ranzy Levias was shoe stringed by the last defender from Kountze. If not, Kirbyville would have won.

The "longest" field goal in Southeast Texas history?

The one Wally Whisenant kicked in 1982 to beat Kirbyville and end Kountze's then-nationally longest losing streak.

Wally is now a successful businessman in Beaumont, a former Kountze school board member and STILL the guy who kicked the field goal to end the streak.

I was a freshman in Kirbyville in 1982. Dark days.

Seems that's when Kirbyville changed coaches and got Larry Grissom to serve as head coach the next several seasons.

It might not have been the longest kick as far as measurable distance, but it sure does live in the history books in Kountze ... and sadly, in Kirbyville!

I challenge that field goal. Central had a Brazilian kid (exchange student)name Sallia or something like that,in the late 90's. Kid could kicked the air out of a football. He once hit a 60 something yard field goal. I remember seeing him kicking one in the upper 50's. People in the stands were saying the coaches were crazy for attempting one from that far. He nailed it with about 15 yards to spare. Look him up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami