I have to admit it

I am not much of a girls basketball fan. Never have and probably never will be. BUT, I will be attending one game in particular this season. Tuesday, Nov. 19 I will be in Sour Lake for the 3A #3 Woodville Lady Eagles vs. 4A #2 Hardin-Jefferson Lady Hawks. It's part of a double header that night with Hardin-Jefferson boys playing host to Hitchcock (still will be able to get my boys basketball fix).

Keep in mind I will be passing up on attending 5A #6 PA Memorial at 6A Beaumont West Brook boys basketball game. I am just very interested in seeing two of the best girls teams our coverage area has to offer.

Can't wait.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am not much of a girls basketball fan. Never have and probably never will be

As a parent who has watched a lot of girls basketball over a span of the last ten years, I can understand your stance. Most high school girls basketball is not an easy watch due to the overall skill level on the floor. Even watching most "select" / AAU games is an acquired taste due to the fact that most games are overly physical, hand checking, grabbing "D-up" games where full court pressing is used to generate turnovers, resulting in most of the points being from layups, as opposed to half court generated offense.

It is a treat when you get to see games that involve teams running half court sets that feature motion without the ball, and teams that can knock down shots ranging from floaters, to mid-range shots, to 3pt exhibitions. I understand completely that defensive pressure and turnovers are a huge part of the game, I am just speaking to how the physical nature of the girls game is ramped up most times to cover up a lack of skill or to rub out more skilled player(s).

You will enjoy this game as it will feature some of the most highly skilled players we have in this area. All of which have worked since a young age at their craft. I know this because my daughter has been fortunate enough to compete (very much uphill I will add, lol)  against them in practice and with them at tournaments during AAU seasons and workouts through the years. 

Good luck to both teams.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am not much of a girls basketball fan. Never have and probably never will be. BUT, I will be attending one game in particular this season. Tuesday, Nov. 19 I will be in Sour Lake for the 3A #3 Woodville Lady Eagles vs. 4A #2 Hardin-Jefferson Lady Hawks. It's part of a double header that night with Hardin-Jefferson boys playing host to Hitchcock (still will be able to get my boys basketball fix).

Keep in mind I will be passing up on attending 5A #6 PA Memorial at 6A Beaumont West Brook boys basketball game. I am just very interested in seeing two of the best girls teams our coverage area has to offer.

Can't wait.

AggiesAreWe, on Saturday, November 30th on the Beaumont United Campus...

Girls: #4 Humble Summer Creek vs Beaumont United @1:30pm

Boys: #10 Humble Summer Creek vs #3 Beaumont United @ 3:00pm

Come watch an underated SheWolves team take on a state finalist from last year.  This will be the SheWolves first home game of the year.  Coach Brown has definitely beefed up the schedule and tournaments for this year.  I'll even buy you some popcorn...😀

53 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

AggiesAreWe, on Saturday, November 30th on the Beaumont United Campus...

Girls: #4 Humble Summer Creek vs Beaumont United @1:30pm

Boys: #10 Humble Summer Creek vs #3 Beaumont United @ 3:00pm

Come watch an underated SheWolves team take on a state finalist from last year.  This will be the SheWolves first home game of the year.  Coach Brown has definitely beefed up the schedule and tournaments for this year.  I'll even buy you some popcorn...😀

If I am not doing a football playoff game that day I am there.

Thanks for the invite.