Vidor 10 Santa Fe 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

That stadium had a north wind blowing straight through the field endzone to endzone like you wouldn’t believe. It was interesting watching the brigs march while trying to hold onto their flags that were getting thrashed in the wind. Glad to get out of there with a W, you could just tell there wasn’t going to be much scoring going on. This district is wide open BH has the edge for a probable DC but 2-4 who knows. If Vidor ends in a tie with Crosby and PNG it could come down to point differential.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That stadium had a north wind blowing straight through the field endzone to endzone like you wouldn’t believe. It was interesting watching the brigs march while trying to hold onto their flags that were getting thrashed in the wind. Glad to get out of there with a W, you could just tell there wasn’t going to be much scoring going on. This district is wide open BH has the edge for a probable DC but 2-4 who knows. If Vidor ends in a tie with Crosby and PNG it could come down to point differential.

I have no idea how they do that point differential, but my math would have PNG & Vidor going (P&V +2 - C -4) If that’s how they do it.  But hey, get them Pirates ready for BH.

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I said last year that Sante Fe had the best game plan  on both sides of the ball that I have ever seen against Vidor. They just knew how to exploit every weakness that we had, even more so then any of our normal opponents. That 2018 Sante Fe vs Vidor game is the blueprint on how to beat Vidor. I'm just glad they got rid of that spread offense or we would have lost last night.

Vidors defense is the teams strength and I'm glad to see emphasis being put on the defense for a change. I would like to think our offense was holding back so they didn't show too much to Barbers Hill  but I don't think that is the case at all.  If we had  a decent offense to go along with this defense we would be dangerous.

Agreed.  And isn’t it ironic that over recent years, Vidor has scored 20, 30, and 40 points and lost because the opponents have scored 30, 40 and 50 points.  Still, the Pirates, picked in the bottom two of Dist by many, have been a pleasant surprise.  It’d be nice if they got it all going the rest of the year.