Crosby 27 Manvel 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, jayhawk said:

Crosby was never really out of this game - just shot themselfs in the foot with sloppy ball handling. CC QB is hard to contain very elusive good runner. I was impressed with CC should be a Distict Contender.

He’s better at his RB position. Need to get one of the other two starters able to play. 

Saw the cougars tonight and was impressed. This team is physical and plays with enthusiasm and never quit. Offensively the rb playing qb got bettter throughout the game. He’ll be a lot better come district. If the qb and receivers continue to clean up mistakes Crosby will be in the playoffs. The key is to listen to the new coaching staff and put out maximum effort. We forget the opponent often and compare Crosby teams to the one great year to the semifinals. Manvel is very good, very good. I predict they’ll beat Marshall for district. I also predict , predicted earlier this year, Crosby will begin 0-3 but with good player and coaching leadership the coogs will be 2-4 in district.

3 hours ago, coach bear said:

Saw the cougars tonight and was impressed. This team is physical and plays with enthusiasm and never quit. Offensively the rb playing qb got bettter throughout the game. He’ll be a lot better come district. If the qb and receivers continue to clean up mistakes Crosby will be in the playoffs. The key is to listen to the new coaching staff and put out maximum effort. We forget the opponent often and compare Crosby teams to the one great year to the semifinals. Manvel is very good, very good. I predict they’ll beat Marshall for district. I also predict , predicted earlier this year, Crosby will begin 0-3 but with good player and coaching leadership the coogs will be 2-4 in district.

You think Crosby will only win 2 district games ?

Yes, 2nd to 4th, too much on this young team to say first,especially in our version of SEC West high school. Again injuries can happen, unforeseen things, but I saw a lot in the cougars in a loss. I think they’ll be a playoff team. I just hope the few, I mean few , fans that are at games don’t leave the boat after non district. I don’t think they’ll beat WOS in orange, but they may still improve, they NEED to improve. Right now coaching wise it is a psychological game, keeping their heads in it and working hard to get into the state playoffs. It is a long season. 

On 9/6/2019 at 10:37 AM, coach bear said:

Yes, 2nd to 4th, too much on this young team to say first,especially in our version of SEC West high school. Again injuries can happen, unforeseen things, but I saw a lot in the cougars in a loss. I think they’ll be a playoff team. I just hope the few, I mean few , fans that are at games don’t leave the boat after non district. I don’t think they’ll beat WOS in orange, but they may still improve, they NEED to improve. Right now coaching wise it is a psychological game, keeping their heads in it and working hard to get into the state playoffs. It is a long season. 

Man coach, as long as Crosby doesn’t drop the ball I don’t think they lose to WOS. They have two weeks to prepare and WOS will be coming off a physical road game with Newton themselves. Crosby has see their two most athletically/physically imposing opponents on their schedule. I’m a believer in the higher the classification, the more important role the line of scrimmage plays. Crosby ran the ball for over 300 yards on Manvel and averaged over 7.5ypc, that’s especially impressive considering sacks are factored into your rushing yards in high school. We can’t consistently throw the ball but nobody has really covered the receivers either yet.

Offensively I think Crosby is going to be able to control the line of scrimmage once district play starts and pretty much run the ball on anybody. I think we execute poorly right now because the kids in key roles are young, plus they’re learning a new offense. No doubt three or four games from now they’ll be a completely different team. There’s nothing you’ve seen happen in the district so far except Lee destroying people that makes you say, “Dang, they’re good.” Even with no real qb and the team being a little light on discipline IMO, I don’t see why they can’t win the district playing this style ball. 

Crosby also has what should be the most favorable schedule in the district, outside of one trip to PNG I really don’t see a game I wouldn’t favor Crosby in. Depending on if Lee beats them first I might even change that. 

2 hours ago, coach bear said:

I heard that there is a quarterback who will gain eligibility in a week? Is this true? If so, then the quarterback, who can run the ball, will go to running back. That would make the offense very lethal. Speaking with Manvel coaches, they feel they can beat Marshal for district.

Supposedly, yes to both your questions. Dunn has been playing QB and will be the starting RB. 

4 hours ago, coach bear said:

I heard that there is a quarterback who will gain eligibility in a week? Is this true? If so, then the quarterback, who can run the ball, will go to running back. That would make the offense very lethal. Speaking with Manvel coaches, they feel they can beat Marshal for district.

From what I’m hearing the QB in question was denied by District Committee.  Therefore a trip to Austin would be needed before Executive Council to hear the appeal.